- Skilled IT professional with 12+ years’ IT experience, looking for a position in areas of Software Configuration Management, Version Control, Build and Release management, Change management, Cloud Integration.
- Well versed with deadline pressures, superior analytical, time - management, collaboration, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in Linux System Administration, Build Engineering & Release Management process, including end-to- end code configuration, building binaries & deployments and entire life cycle model in Enterprise Applications.
- In-depth knowledge of DevOps management methodologies and production deployment Configurations.
- Skilled at Software Development Life Cycles and Agile Programming Methodologies.
- Experience with Jenkins, Hudson as Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment Tool and strong expertise with Ant and Maven Build Frameworks.
- Experience with SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) solutions.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plug-in and managing Maven repositories.
- Involved in ARTIFACTORY Repository Managers for MAVEN and ANT.
- Extensive experience with AWS (Storage, Application Services, Deployment and Management) and managed servers on AWS platform instances using Puppet, Chef Configuration management.
- Strong experience in deploying salesforce components across various sandbox and production instance using Change Sets, Force.com Migration tool and Eclipse.
- Hands on experience in AWS provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB, RDS, Redshift, IAM, Route 53, VPC, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Security Groups.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Datadog, Cloud watch and using ELK Stack, Elastic Search.
- Created tagging standards for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS resources.
- Experience in managing infrastructure resources in cloud architecture with close coordination with various functional teams.
- Experience with Version Control Systems like GIT, CVS, SVN (Subversion), ACCUREV, Perforce.
- Proficient in setting up and configuring Baselines, Branching, Merging, and Backup through Subversion(SVN).
- Monitor, build and deploy software releases and provide support for production deployments.
- Build and deploy releases using Perforce, weblogic, tomcat, Git, bamboo, Source tree, XL Deploy, XL release, Quick Build.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plug-in and managing Maven repositories.
- Configured JENKINS Monitor, List and Build views to displays the status and progress of selected jobs with build version information.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container Service scheduler.
- Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Experience in working with automation tools like CHEF, PUPPET and ANSIBLE.
- Experience with Configuration Management automation tool Ansible and has worked on integrating Ansible YAML Scripts.
- Fulfilling the role of a DevOps engineer in respect to our PUPPET code. Responsible for QA code merges.
- Used Ansible for configuring and managing multi-node configuration management over SSH and PowerShell.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server including bootstrapping of chef-client nodes for provisioning.
- Created roles, recipes, cookbooks and data bags for server configuration.
- Expertise in querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MYSQL and SQL Server by using PL/SQL for data integrity.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in Apache Tomcat and Web Logic Server.
- Configured and Deployed application packages on to the Apache Tomcat server. Coordinated with software development teams and QA teams.
- Worked with IAM service creating new IAM users & groups, defining roles and policies and Identity providers.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Mesos, Marathon and Kubernetes.
- Excellent knowledge of Hadoop integration with Enterprise BI tools.
- Experience of working with the release and deployment of large-scale Java/J2EE Web applications.
- Experience in building & deploying Java/SOA applications and troubleshooting any build & deploy failures.
- Ability in development and execution of XML, Ruby, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts, Power shell, Batch scripts and Bash also.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy and Bugzilla.
- Working in implementation team to build and engineer servers on Ubuntu and RHEL. Provisioning virtual servers on VMware and ESX servers using Vcloud.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple namespaced versions.
- Exposure to Mesos Marathon & Zookeeper cluster environment for application deployments and docker Containers.
- Knowledge on Real User Monitoring solutions like Dynatrace, New Relic, Soasta Impulse etc.
- Ability to quickly understand, learn and implement the new system design, data models in a professional work environment.
Cloud/Virtualization Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, VMWare vSphere ESX/ESXi, (vRA), (vROPS), (vRO), (vCM), (vIN), PAAS Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Version Control Tools: Visual SVN, Tortoise SVN, GIT
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Artifactory
Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Postgre SQL, SQL Server, No SQL.
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Config Management Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker
Bug/Issue Tracking: JIRA, Rally, Fisheye, Remedy, ServiceNow
Web/ Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web logic
Operating Systems: Windows Family, RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS
Scripting/Programing Languages: Perl, shell, Ruby, Python, C, SQL, Java Script, PHP, HTML, Java, J2EE, Spring, .NetWeb Services SOAP, REST
Other Tools: Putty, Nagios, ClearCase, Salesforce
- Use agile methodology throughout the project. Involved in weekly and daily bases release management.
- Working with a strong team of architectures, backend developers to gather function and non-functional requirements.
- Monitoring IoT (Internet of Things) specified infrastructure design and implementation process.
- Involved in source control management with GitHub and GitLab Enterprise level repositories. Regular activities include configure user’s access levels, monitor logs, identifying merge conflicts and managing master repository.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management.
- Involved in performing application deployment to AWS Elastic Bean Stack environment.
- Configured & deployed Java applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for a multitude of applications utilizing the AWS stack, cloud formation.
- Created environment on AWS platform, AWS Hadoop EMR cluster, Kafka Cluster, Cassandra Clusters and implemented system alerts on DataDog.
- Used the command line interface to manage apps, services in Pivotal Cloud Foundry as well as Apps manager.
- Create, bind the user defined and built in services in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Build, Test and deploy applications by using pivotal cloud foundry
- Built & Deployed Java/J2EE to web application server in agile continuous integration environment and automated Labelling activities in TFS once deployment is done.
- Working knowledge of several types of configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt and Vagrant.
- Involved in phases of testing for example Integration testing, Smoke testing Performance testing and Load testing. We are also using inbuilt test cases in Jenkins and running those tests on master branch.
- Developed build & deployment scripts using MAVEN. Automated the process using plugins available Jenkins and move from one environment to other throughout the build pipeline.
- We are driving towards continuous integration and continuous delivery using Jenkins and Ansible for docker image building and deployment.
- Configuring ‘nginx’ for proxy RESTful API calls to micro-services in Docker containers.
- Produced scripts for viable combination of JIRA applications with different tools.
- Customized both JIRA and Confluence to integrate into the pre-existing systems with an eye towards making the programs extensions of their systems, and not hindrances to their systems.
- Created Custom workflows, custom screens and custom fields on JIRA.
- Migrated JIRA across environments and worked on JIRA database dumps.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Worked with Release Management tool like Plutora & their report development.
- Experience in using SQL, PL/SQL stored procedures, indexes, materialized views, shell scripting, partitioned and non-portioned tables, packages and triggers for improved performance of the database.
- Creating and Managing Virtual Machines using Xen, KVM or RHEV to run specific services.
- Perform promotion on ClearCase from one server to another server.
- Designing & deploying data center architecture on Linux Platform. Building, patching and managing existing data center rack servers on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Setup up and maintenance of automated environment using Chef recipes& cookbooks within Azure environment.
- Deployment and management of many servers via script and chef, utilizing cloud providers as a direct substrate for implementation.
- Deploying and managing many servers utilizing both traditional and cloud oriented providers (Azure) with the Chef platform configuration system.
- Used ANT and Python scripts to automate the Build and deployment process. Used maven for few modules.
- Create, manage, and delete users and groups as per the request using Amazon Identity and Access Management.
- Monitoring each service deployment, and validating the services across all environments.
- Active participant in scrum meetings, reporting the progress and maintain effective communication with each team member and manager.
Environment: Git, Jenkins, Maven, nginx, Ansible, AWS, VPC, Microsoft Azure, Shell scripting, Apache Tomcat, chef, ClearCase, VM, REST and python.
- Creating fully automated CI build and deployment infrastructure and processes for multiple projects.
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Python and Bash
- Experience of writing & managing Chef Scripts& using Linux automated deployments using Chef.
- Built and managed a large deployment of Ubuntu Linux instances systems with Chef Automation. Wrote recipes, tools, shell scripts and monitoring checks.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database, Commands, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI’s
- Have experience of working with Docker- docker hub, pulling images from docker hub, running containers based on an image, creating Dockerfile to manage customized containers, exposing a container with port redirect, container volume management, docker inspect, docker commit to capture the file changes/settings into a new image and pushing the image to docker hub
- Automated AWS components like EC2 instances, Security groups, ELB, RDS, IAM through AWS Cloud information templates.
- Used Ruby Rspec framework and wrote test cases for regression and to resolve refactoring problems.
- POC on Implementing AWS Kinesis based consumers in Lambda and pipeline data to a data lake while allowing real time analytics using DynamoDB and ordering based on the location of mobile users and ordering trends
- Installing and Configuring Monit, AppD & Grafana and Logstash and FileBeat for monitoring and transferring logs to Elastic search
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, and EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), auto-scaling groups and OpsWorks.
- Used Micro services architecture with Spring Boot based service through REST
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Creating Lambda function to automate snapshot back up on AWS and set up the scheduled backup.
- Utilize Camel to integrate microservices with other microservices and RabbitMQ messaging exchanges.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Logstash&Kibana stacks.
- Experience with Nagios/Observium/NewRelic monitoring and alerting services for servers, switches, applications and services.
- Worked closely with developers and managers to resolve the issues that were risen during the deployments in different environments.
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, Dynamo DB, Kinesis, VPC, IAM, Tomcat Apache, Micro-Services, Cloud Watch, New Relic, Git, Linux, ELK Stack, Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, JVM etc.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, CHEF, Maven in Linux environment.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Converting production support scripts to chef recipes.
- Testing of cookbooks with chef-spec.
- Setting up client server model of Chef in development environment of OCI.
- Worked on documentation - Chef basics, Initial setup of Chef, Databags implementation, Coding standards, Cookbook document, Testing docs
- AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Using CloudTrail, TESSA, CloudPassage, CheckMarx, Qualys Scan tools for AWS security and scanning.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Integration of Maven, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, and Cloud Foundry.
- Installed the Ear, War files using XL deploy & XL release and Integrated Jenkins with XL deploy & XL release.
- Provided on-going support and administration for SVN, ClearCase, ClearQuest and ANT build automation and Involved in the migration of code from SVN to GIT.
- Developed vRA deployment blueprints, designed and developed VMWare Orchestrator custom Workflows with the focus on vRA extensibility and REST API third-party integration to other systems of record and demand for services.
- Performance tuning, Monitoring, Capacity planning and Alerting system implementation with VMWare vRealize Operations Manager and its integration with VMWare vRealize, Automation Center, vRealize Log Insight, Splunk, IBM Tivoli.
- Assisted in troubleshooting and mitigating problems in vRA/vRO/vROPS production deployments.
- Worked remotely with international team of engineers.
- Performed regular software release build and deployment based on defined process and procedure, including J2EE, UNIX Scripts, Oracle PL/SQL build and deployment.
- Managed a cloud platform base on the Lambda architecture including Kafka, Spark, and Cassandra.
- Involved in scrum ceremonies (stand-up, grooming, planning, demo/review and retrospective) with the teams to ensure successful project forecasting and realistic commitments.
- Involved in scrum meetings, product backlog and other scrum activities and artifacts in collaboration with the team.
- Implemented and maintained Salesforce.com including custom objects, fields, reports, dashboards, and templates.
- Used Salesforce Connect to access product information stored on an external system.
- Experience with SSRS (tabular reports, parameterized reports, drilldown, drill through, sub reports, charts etc.)
- Experience in transforming unstructured data from various data sources using SSIS like Conditional Split, Lookup, Merge Join and Sort.
- Migrating the data to respective DEV and QA Oracle database before doing code roll-out.
- Utilized SQL Developer and Toad for PL/SQL, database updates, and row/column data tracking during testing.
- Created Security Groups, configuring Inbound/Outbound rules, creating and importing Key Pairs.
- Used Elastic Load balancers and Auto scaling groups to handle the traffic at peak times.
- Generated Perl & UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Used tracking tool JIRA and triaged the issues and maintained bugs using JIRA tool.
- Manage the integration of new software projects and products into the build environment.
- Work with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects.
- Strictly enforced ITIL process while pushing builds and deployments to prod and pre-prod environments.
- Used to write an install script in Ruby using all the extra helper functions from Chef.
- Configured the user's accounts for Continuous Integration - Jenkins, Nexus and Sonar.
- Gathered all the stakeholder approvals, necessary signoffs while acting as a release manager for two development teams.
Environment: Solaris, Linux, Eclipse, Java, SQL, SSIS/SSRS AWS, vRA/vRO/vROPS, VMWare vRealize, Python, Subversion, Bash, Hudson, Apache Kafka, Cloud Foundry, NT Command Shell, Java/J2EE, ANT, XL deploy and release, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet, ClearCase, JIRA, XML, Jenkins.