- Professional experience of 9+ years in IT industry, comprising of Design, Development and Cloud, DevOps implementation.
- Experience in working on Continuous Integration and Delivery platform as DevOps Engineer.
- In - depth knowledge of DevOps management methodologies and production deployment which include Compiling, Packaging, Deploying and Application Configurations .
- Extensive Hands-on experience on implementing Cloud Solutions using various AWS Services including EC2, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto Scaling, VPC, Security Groups, NAT, NACL, IAM, S3, Glacier, EFS, AWS Kinesis, Lambda, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Route 53, Code Commit, Code Pipeline, Code Build, Code Deploy, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Cache, RDS, API Gateway, Data Pipeline, DynamoDB, Redshift, SQS, SNS, SES, etc.
- Expertise in DevOps, Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Automation by using various tools like GitHub, SVN, Bitbucket, TFS, Ant, Maven, Jira, Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Nagios.
- Expertise in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Terraform and AWS.
- Worked on Jenkins and Bamboo to deploy code in Staging and Production environments and managed artifacts generated by Jenkins and nexus factory.
- Handled operations and maintenance support for AWS cloud resources which includes launching, maintaining and troubleshooting EC2 instances, S3 buckets, VPC, ELB, IAM and RDS .
- Hands on experience on Terraform a tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently
- Experienced with container-based deployments using Docker , working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker registries and Kubernetes .
- Experienced in Deploying Microservices by using Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, Python, API Gateway in AWS.
- In-depth knowledge of DevOps management methodologies and production deployment which include Compiling, Packaging, Deploying and Application Configurations.
- Experience in Working with Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications and Well versed with Ansible Playbooks, modules, and roles.
- Experience with bug verification, testing, and program support for various products.
- Highly organized and able to work tight deadlines and communicate effectively with technical peers.
- Very good inter-personal skills and has the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Experienced in keeping up and looking at log archives using CloudWatch, Nagios, Splunk and Logstash.
- Worked on container based technologies like Docker, OPENSHIFT and Kubernetes.
AWS Services: Ec2, Elastic Beanstalk, EFS, VPC, RDS, S3, Glacier, IAM, Kinesis, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, DynamoDB, Lambda, Route53, SNS, SQS, API Gateway, Code Pipeline, Code Build, Elastic Search, Code Deploy etc.
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef
Source Code Management: GIT, Bitbucket, TFS, SVN, Code Commit
Operating systems: Windows, Linux, Unix, Ubuntu, RHEL, Cent OS and Solaris
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, Oracle Application Server
DevOps Tools: Elastic Beanstalk, Jenkins, Docker, Bamboo, Nginx, Maven, Jira, Rally, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Prometheus, Splunk, ELK
Confidential, Madison, WI
Senior AWS / DevOps Engineer
- Design and Implement CI/CD solutions for applications on Kubernetes Platform.
- Provision Kubernetes Cluster infrastructure using Terraform, Ansible
- Automated rolling deployments of releasing new features into live Kubernetes clusters
- Design and implement end to end automation using Atlasian BitBucket, Bamboo, Maven, SonarQube, and Artifactory.
- Designed and implemented AWS Architecture, API implementation EC2 Server setup, deployment, build, maintenance, and configuration of various AWS resources EC2, EBS, Elastic Load Balancers, S3, VPC, Security Groups , that are utilized for different environments like dev, testing, staging and prod.
- Deploying and managing many servers utilizing both traditional and cloud-oriented providers (AWS) with the Chef Platform configuration system .
- Developed CI/CD system with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment and utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Container management using Docker by writing Dockerfiles and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Expertise in Installing, configuring & administering Jenkins on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins like GIT, ANT, Ansible, Sonar, Checkstyle, Deploy to Container, Build Pipeline etc.
- Developed fluent bit and fluentd logging to send all logs to the centralized aggregator and import them into ELK cluster in ElasticSearch for preprod environments. Whereas we used Splunk for log maintenance in the production.
- Used Jenkins pipelines which helped us drive all Microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Build applications around Microservices architecture , defined through Docker Compose file and setup SWARM Cluster to deploy the applications.
- Scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower Experience and writing Python modules for Ansible customizations. Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Automated configuration management and deployments using Ansible playbooks and Yaml for resource declaration. And creating roles and updating Playbooks to provision servers by using Ansible.
- Experienced with OpenShift application scaling, OpenShift administration, OpenShift handling Docker and Kubernetes and OpenShift Security Context Constraints (SCC) and service account.
- Created build and deployment configurations to deploy applications on Openshift. Developed Ansible playbooks to do automated recovery process upon the failure of Openshift MASTER.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing terraform code.
- Written various Lambda services for automating the functionality on the Cloud.
- Implemented a 'Server less' Architecture using API Gateway, Lambda, and Dynamo DB and deployed AWS Lambda code from Amazon S3 buckets and Created a Lambda Deployment function and configured it to receive events from your S3 bucket.
- Implemented AWS Code Pipeline and Created Cloud formation JSON templates in Terraform for infrastructure as code.
- Worked on AWS Data Pipeline to configure data loads from S3 into Redshift
- Used Amazon EC2 Command Line Interface (CLI) along with Bash/Python to automate repetitive work in release activities with Project / Release Management and Development teams to ensure a smooth and trouble free roll out of releases.
- Experience in Monitoring server performance with tools like Nagios, Splunk, Datadog, New Relic and resolved network related issues with manual commands and built Splunk Cluster environment with High Availability resources.
Confidential, Parsipanny, NJ
DevOps / AWS Engineer
- Involved heavily in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Terraform and AWS. Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS Aurora DB cluster.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation-using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Developed CI/CD pipeline implementing AWS services for fully scalable and automatically managed build processes and done the Capacity planning and Architecture Design of AWS Infrastructure.
- Created and maintained Continuous Integration (CI) using tools Jenkins/Maven over diff environments to facilitate an agile development process which is automated and repeatable enabling teams to safely deploy code many times a day while ensuring operational best practices are supported.
- Leveraged Amazon Web Services like EC2, RDS, EBS, AWS Kinesis, SQS ELB, Auto scaling, AMI, IAM through AWS console and API Integration
- Worked with Terraform to create AWS components like EC2, IAM, VPC, ELB , Security groups.
- Configured RDS instances using Cloud formations and Terraform.
- Designed the project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into different Web/Application Servers.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes, Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Virtualized servers in Docker as per test environments and Dev-environments requirements and configured automation using Docker containers.
- Responsible for automating the build process using Jenkins, Developed and maintained tools that automate the building of software releases for an Agile based software development process .
- Supported for Cloud architectures security, infrastructure, data with delivery teams working primarily within an Agile Scrum methodology.
- Configuration and clustering of Web Logic Application Servers and web servers running on tomcat
- Deployed applications on Apache tomcat application server instances in all the respective environments.
- Used Azure DevOps Services for source code repository and to build project artifacts.
- Working with Microsoft Azure platform for the building, managing applications and deploying web applications and created Azure virtual machines.
- Strong knowledge of various Azure components like Virtual Network, Express Route, Traffic Manager, Load Balancer, Azure Active Directory, Cosmos DB, Kubernetes Service (AKS), Events HUB, Azure AD DS and Azure DNS.
- Managed AWS infrastructure and automation with CLI and API. Working on Inbound and Outbound services with automation of Chef.
- Carried automated Deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration (CI) tool Jenkins.
- Provide system support for all the UNIX / Linux servers in the client environment.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, and administration of Red hat Linux 5.x, 6.x and supporting another OS.
- Installed/configured/managed all Linux/UNIX servers.
- Worked on system log management, data backup and restoration on UNIX.
- Configured and Installed AIX, Solaris and Red hat Linux servers using NIM, Jumpstart, and Kickstart.
- Worked with audit teams and provided them with the File system modifications using tripwire tool on various distributions of UNIX.
- Worked closely with DBA team to ensure optimal performance of databases and maintain development applications and databases.
- Responsible for testing application and fixing bugs in Linux VMware, including setting up/installing the backend Debian and SUSE Linux servers and performing the configuration.
- Setting up network environments using TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy.
- Using Bash Shell Scripting to schedule and automate processes including full and incremental backups using tar, crontab and snapshots, migrating and enlarging file system on Solaris and Linux.
- Creating Virtual machines using Xen and deploying OS, managing hardware.
- Build Linux server using kick start and supported RHEL server's installations.
- Automated system management tasks like user account creation, file system size monitoring, monitor system resources and system maintenance using Shell scripts.
- Diagnose and resolve unique issues on Linux platform.