Accomplished IT professional with 10+ years of experience in Various UNIX/Linux platforms with strong concentration in AIX, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Virtualization, large - scale systems management, and infrastructure solutions. Recognized as a savvy engineer and a “go-to” person for customers to get the tasks accomplished. Won several recognitions from customers and peers over the years for excellent customer focused attitude. Well-versed in UNIX and Linux design, build and administration. Served as an infrastructure SME for one of the largest SAP implementation in the world at Confidential .
AIX RHEL SLES HP-UX SAP HANA
VMware PowerVM PowerHA Redhat Clustering
EMC Netbackup Scripting (ksh, bash, perl, python)
Distinguished Troubleshooting skills
Automation using Blagelogic, Puppet
Active Directory, Powerbroker, Cyberark
YUM repositories, NIM servers
PXE Boot and automated Kickstart/Jumpstart Installations.
Awk, sed, ksh, bash, perl
Red Hat High-Availability Failover Clusters.
PowerHA/HACMP for AIX Clustering
Xen/KVM/VMWare Virtualization System in heterogeneous environments.
VMware vSphere/vCenter Guest, Storage, vSwitch ManagementOS Security Hardening and Remediations
Oracle RAC, ASM support
EMC PowerPath, AIX MPIO, HP-UX Pvlinks and MPIO RHEL Configuration for FC Storage.
CPU, Virtual Memory, ad-hoc Performance Monitoring
Performance Tuning for heavily-loaded Database Systems.
LANGUAGES: C, C++, bash, ksh, csh, Perl 5.8, Python 2.7, Java 6, HTML, PHP, SQLite, SQL, PostgreSQL.
SOFTWARE: Red Hat Network Satellite, BMC Bladelogic, EMC Avamar, EMC NaviSphere, Symantec NetBackup, Splunk, Accurev, VMware vSphere, BMC Patrol, IBM Tivoli, Cacti Monitoring, DNS, Sendmail, Postfix, Veritas VM, Apache Tomcat, Microsoft Office Suite, OpenOffice Suite.
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x, 5.x & 6.x, Oracle Enterprise Linux OEL 4.0 & 5.0, VMWare ESX4.0, ESXi 4.0, Xen/KVM/VMware Virtualization. OpenSolaris Unix, SuSE, AIX 6.1, HP-UX 11iV3, Fedora Core 12.
NETWORK: TCP/IP, VLANs, Trunks, DNS, NFS, DHCP, HP iLo, DRAC, Sun iLo(m), Firewalls, Fast & Gigabit Ethernet.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL/ Dallas, TX
Senior Unix/Linux Engineer and SME
- Senior Unix admin and SME for AIX and RHEL platforms supporting large scale finance, HR and Marketing applications for Confidential
- Primary Sysadmin and Infrastructure SME for one of the largest SAP implementations in the world
- Supported several thousand AIX (5.3, 6.1, 7.1) Lpars and VIO servers across various PSeries Hardware (P7, P6, P5, P4)
- Supported several thousand Red hat Linux servers(6.x, 7.x) including VMs and Physical servers on HP ProLiant hardware
- Designed and implemented virtualization using PowerVM and Vmware
- Built several hundred AIX, VIO and Linux servers using various build tools and methodologies including Bladelogic, NIM, Kickstart, viewpoint, xcat
- PXE Boot and automated Kickstart/Jumpstart Installations.
- Performed routine patching on aix and linux servers
- Built several High availability clusters on AIX using PowerHA (6.1, 7.1) and on Linux using Pacemaker
- Performed several upgrades on AIX and RHEL over the last 6 years
- Solved several critical and complex UNIX and infrastructure issues including P1 issues
- Performed several problem determination and root cause analysis
- Planned, executed and supported several infrastructure projects
- SAN and Nas migrations
- DR exercises
- Network Maintenance
- Data center Migrations
- SME for SAP HANA infrastructure support running on Suse Enterprise Linux
- Worked extensively with Multipath technologies such as EMC powerpath, AIX Mpio, linux multipathing, pvlinks, VXVM
- Discovered OS bugs and worked with vendors to procure fixes
- Used ansible to automate build deployment
- Wrote ansible playbooks to automate routine tasks
- Used redhat satellite for redhat system administration
- Installed several third party software on unix/linux for infrastructure management
- Extensive experience using Bladelogic for server automation
- Installed and configured docker
- Installed and configured apache webserver 2.2, 2.4
- Installed and configured php, mysql
- Planned, Implemented and supported EMC Timefinder clone solution for Large Database backups
- Provided primary support for HP superdomes with multiple npars and vpars running hp-ux 11.x
- Supported various database servers like DB2, Oracle, Sybase and various middleware servers like websphere, Tomcat
- Worked with ESXi 5.5, 6.x including vmotions
- RPM Package administration using RPM Build, installing packages, restore corrupted RPM data base.
- Installed, Configured and maintenance of DNS servers, DHCP Servers, Mail Servers, FTP servers, NIS, Samba and web servers.
- Implemented RAID 0, 1, 5 and 0 1 levels
- Planned and Executed migrations from AIX to Linux
- Installed Apache 1.3,2.x
- Installed and configured RedHat Pacemaker Cluster.
- Managed the ext3, ext4. Xfs, BTRFS file systems using Logical Volume Manager LVM .
- Performed Administration task like Setup, maintains and manage User accounts and Groups, allocating quotas to users as well as system startup and shutdown.
- Extensive knowledge on SAN and NAS storage configuration in Linux.
- Planning, documenting and supporting high availability, data replication, business persistence, fail-over, fail-back using RedHat Cluster Server in Linux
- Performing core dump and log analysis to find root cause for the system or application unavailability.
- Maintained virtual environments using VMware ESX 5.x Server and built various Linux servers on VMware servers.
- Created Scripts for automating day to day Unix admin tasks like Post server setup, Server hardening, Patching on multiple servers etc
- Create and maintain fully automated CI/CD pipelines for code deployment using Octopus Deploy and PowerShell
- Actively manage, improve, and monitor cloud infrastructure on AWS, EC2, S3, and RDS, including backups, patches, and scaling
- Automated deployments of cloud servers using Python and Bash
- Automated build and deployment process with Jenkins and Maven
- Manage AWS, Jenkins, and Chef accounts to more effectively control access to resources and increase security
- Maintain build profiles in Team Foundation Server and Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline
- Spearheaded migration from Puppet environment to Docker-based service architecture
- Focused on automation, integration, monitoring and configuration management.
- Deployed Puppet for configuration management to the existing infrastructure.
- Managed Firmware Updates & Patch Installation process
- Worked with various Logical volume management like AIX LVM, Linux LVM, HpUX LVM, Veritas VxVM
- Deployed servers from scratch (Rack and Stack, Network and SAN connectivity, Virtualization, etc)
- Expertise in Incident and Problem determination and resolution within Expected time frame to meet SLA; having working knowledge of BMC Remedy incident management system and Change Management Procedures.
- Strong experience with network protocols, port channels, vpc, firewalls, cisco switches, routing, dns, dchp, etc
- Wrote shell scripts(bash, korn, perl) for automation of routine tasks
- Used php and python scripts for developing solutions
- Provided day to day production support including on-call support by rotation to provide 24x7x365 support.
- Served as technical team lead and also as a backup for the team manager
Confidential, Duluth, MN
- Supported several hundred AIX and Linux servers
- Provided 24x7x365 oncall support on production servers
- Supported AIX versions 5,6,7 and RHEL 5,6
- Installed and Configured Redhat Enterprise Linux 5.x, 6.x
- Performed several AIX and Linux upgrades using alt disk, multibos, yum
- Supported a large datacenter consolidation project migrating several unix/linux (V2V, P2P and Lift and Shift)
- Supported IBM DS4800 SAN storage array
- Built, configured, and deployed RedHat virtual servers in a VMware vCenter environment.
- Write cron jobs for Redhat servers, integrated with Sendmail, automated FTP uploads/downloads, scp for automated batch file transfers
- Performed several AIX TL and SP upgrades using NIM
- Installed and handled troubleshooting of host firewall IP Tables for Redhat Linux and Centos
- Set up Oracle 10g server in Linux/Unix environment.
- Maintained and monitored all of company's server’s operating system and application patch level, disk space and memory usage, user activities on a day-to-day basis.
- Performed TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP administration.
- Power VM Virtualization (SEA, vSCSI, NPIV), Dynamic LPAR (DLAPR).
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Unix System Administrator
- Responsible for installation and maintenance on p 5 520,560,561 hardware with OS level 5.1, 5.2, 5.3.
- Installation of patches, packages on AIX, and Windows NT/2000 Servers.
- Adding network printers and conducting day-to-day system administration, including backup/recovery in NAS environments.
- Installation, Administration and configuration of LPAR’s with AIX 5L on p5 servers
- Experience of creating and installing standard LPAR and VIO client LPAR using HMC
- Installation, configuration and administration of IBM Web Sphere Application Server V4.0, on AIX along with DB2 UDB & IBM HTTP server with SSL for secure communication & providing technical support to users
- IBM RS/6000 SP System Software Maintenance AIX System Dump Generation and sending System Dump to AIX System Support Center.
- Network management of TCP/IP networks, IP address management.
- Performing upgrades of OS and applications.
- Tested products for evaluation purposes and documented for necessary changes required as per environment
- Korn & C shell scripting, mainly for scheduling jobs (CRONTAB)
- Inventory management for Software and Hardware.
- Disk Replacement Strategy on AIX.
- Logical Volume Management (LVM) of AIX.
- Performance Management & Tuning of AIX UNIX Kernel
- Security, users and groups administration
- Provided support by 24x7 shift rotation basis and pager support
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls.
- Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment