- Associated with IT industry with 8+ years of experience working as Cloud/DevOps Engineer with a major focus on Release Management, Software Development, Linux Systems Administration, Software Configuration
- Management (SCM), Build and Release Engineering, Deployment, DevOps Engineer, and Automation, deployment, documenting and support and trouble shooting.
- Experience in system administration working on multiplatform VMware, LINUX (Red hat ), UNIX.
- Extensible experience in setting up Baseline, Branching, Merging, Develop and manage Pre - and Post-commit hook scripts; provide support for parallel development using version control tools for various global and distributed teams.
- Well experienced in deployment, configuration management and virtualization, maintenance and troubleshooting applications on Microsoft Cloud infrastructure AZURE.
- Good understanding of popular application frameworks like Struts, Spring, Spring Boot and ORM tools like Hibernate.
- Expertise in automation tools like Git, Subversion, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes and Nagios.
- Experience in Cloud service platforms like Amazon Web Services.
- Deployed infrastructure on AWS utilizing services such as EC2, ELB, SNS, SQS, RDS, VPC, CloudFront and
- Managed Network and Security, Route 53, Direct Connect, IAM, Cloud Formation, AWS Ops Works (Automate operations), Elastic Beanstalk, AWS S3, Glacier (Storage in the cloud) and Cloud Watch Monitoring Management.
- Responsible for the creation of S3 buckets and policies and for the creation of IAM role-based policies.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Implemented AWS Lambda functions to run scripts in response to event in Amazon Dynamo DB table, S3 bucket, HTTP requests using Amazon API Gateway.
- Manage Amazon Redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- Worked on PowerShell/Bash scripts to gather resources metrics from AWS EC2 Instances, and configured Alerts and Dashboards using AWS CloudWatch Monitoring.
- Having good experience with Aws Development utilizing tools like Informatic and Tableau.
- Wrote ANSIBLE Playbooks with Python, SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test
- Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Experience in using Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages. Also, worked on integrating Ansible YAML Scripts.
- Good experience in writing of Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in JSON and YAML format to build the AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Server configure management via Chef. Experience in Setting up Chef Workstation, Working with Chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef attributes.
- Expertise in using Docker including Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker images, compose, swarm, and Docker
- Experience in using Docker and setting up ELK with Docker and Docker-Compose. Actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes.
- Experience in creating Docker Containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating
- Docker Containers from scratch using Docker file.
- Installed and configured automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation. Hands on experience with puppet manifests for deployment and automation and have integrated Puppet with Jenkins to fully deploy on to a Jenkins server to provide with continuous deployment and testing to automate deployment of infrastructure.
- Experience in integrating Jenkins with various tools like Maven (Build tool),Git (Repository),SonarQube (code verification), Nexus (Artifactory) and implementing CI/CD automation for creating Jenkins pipelines programmatically architecting Jenkins Clusters.
- Hands on experience with testing frameworks Junit, Selenium, cucumber.js for setup, build and delivery pipeline.
- Experience with Cloud Foundry comes with a number of system build packs for commonly used frameworks - Node.js, .Net core and more.
- There are also many community build packs and a procedure for creating custom build packs .
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of Source Control Management Systems such as Git,GitHub, Subversion (SVN), IBM Clear case and Perforce.
- Experience in creating and managing user accounts, Security policies, Rights, Disk spaces, Disk quotas andProcess monitoring in CentOS and Red Hat Linux.
- Experience in configuring NIS, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SAMBA, FTP, Remote Access Protocol, Security Management,
- Security trouble shoots and SOA-based applications. Expertise in installations of SQL server, MYSQL server and
RHEL: 5/6/7, Fedora, SUSE, UNIX, Win-Server, CentOS
Automation & Configuration Management Tools: Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kickstart, Terraform, Vagrant.
Cloud Services: AWS, Azure, GCP.
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle, Docker, MS Build, GRUNT.
Application Servers: IBM WebSphere, Tomcat, WildFly, JBoss, Oracle WebLogic.
GIT, GIT: lab, Bigbucket, GitHub, GitBucket
Database System: MS SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle 12, Snowflake, Teradata
Web servers: Apache, Tomcat, Web Logic (8/9/10), Web Sphere4.0/5.0
Nagios, CloudWatch, Splunk, ELK: Xpack, SignalFX
Programming Languages: Scala, Java, Python
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. DevOps/Cloud/AWS Engineer
- Amazon Web Services - AWS (EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, IAM, API Gateway, CloudWatch). Spinning up machines that are clustered together to form a small network of machines for deployment and deploying a network of machines into AWS
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, ECS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, CloudFront) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS CloudFormation.
- Aws Development utilizing tools like Informatic and Tableau.
- Container-based solutions management (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Responsible for developing application code to process billions of records into and out of our data lake.
- Responsible for using Shell Scripting, programming for an application development
- Worked on Continuous integration tools Jenkins. CI/CD pipeline automation using Jenkins which includes configuring
- Write Ansible playbooks for Automation of AWS services while integrating with Apigee platform
- Write Terraform scripts for Automation and hands on experience with Ansible. Worked with Ansible for configuration management.
- Working on Identity Management (Active Directory) and. IT security policies, procedures
- Deploy and manage enterprise API Gateway and related solutions in AWS.
- Develop enterprise APIs and shared technology solutions.
- Develop integration software deployment automation scripts.
- Responsible for Any major issues with the Code, Modifications / change in Source data type warrants rewriting the application code.
- Responsible for developing automation testing and execute unit test cases. Perform test plan preparation for unit and automation testing.
- Responsible for developing and maintain project documentation.
- Operations responsibilities include moving code from Dev/ Test to Staging and Production
- Develop web service API and proxy best practices, documentation, al material and reusable components.
- Maintain hardware/software revisions, security patches, processes and documentation.
- Support daily operations including on-site and remote user issue resolution, account maintenance, permission management, code deployments and security and providing assistance to team members.
- Providing after hours coverage as required by being on call and available to respond.
- Experience as Cloud Engineer project teams that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Design of Cloud architectures for customers looking to migrate or develop new PaaS, IaaS, or hybrid solutions utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Installed, Configured and Maintained RedHat Linux (RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.x, 6.x& 7.x) on SPARC, x86 and Blade Centre’s.
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, ECS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, CloudFront) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Responsible for taking the source code and compiling using Maven and package it in its distributable format, such as a WAR file.
- Managed different infrastructure resources, like physical machines, VMs and even Docker containers using Terraform It supports different Cloud service providers like AWS.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing Terraform code.
- Configure ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using Logstash to output data to AWS S3.
- Involved in AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based automation through Terraform, Ansible, Python, Bash Scripts. Adopted new features as they were released by Amazon, including ELB & EBS.
- DevOps role converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server-less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via terraform.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks.
- Wrote ANSIBLE Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of OpenStack Nodes and test Ansible Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in AWS cloud configuration.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Kubernetes. Experienced in using Docker Swarm and deployed spring boot applications.
- Developed container support for cloud environments and Docker. Deployed the applications in Docker containers and managed the containers in enterprise level.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Created Docker file for each microservices and changed some of the Tomcat configuration file which are required to deploy Java based application to the Docker container.
- Providing automation and deployment of applications inside software containers by providing additional layer of abstraction and automation of operating system level virtualization on Linux using Dockers.
- Expertise in integrating Terraform with Ansible, Packer to create and Version the AWS Infrastructure. Created Docker images that handled Tomcat installation using major versions on the existing Maven-based image and then worked on building and testingthese images.
- Automated Compute Engine and Docker Image Builds with Jenkins and Kubernetes.
- Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, configMaps, deployments.
- Worked on rolling back to an earlier deployment when instability happens using Kubernetes.
- In Docker container deploying micro services, and scaling the deployment using Kubernetes
- I Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Nagios. Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, Monitor system performance using Nagios, Grafana and Tivoli.
- Wrote python scripts for implementing Lambda functions. Created API as a front door application to access data or functionality from backend services running on EC2 and code running on Lambda or any web application.
- Created Log collection in ELKB (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, File beat) installed File beat on all nodes in cluster to send log data to Logstash. Applied filters on log data before sending to Elasticsearch.
- Extensive working knowledge on automation for deployment/ configuration of different Application servers like WebLogic, JBoss, Web Servers like Apache, Tomcat and Web Containers like Nginx etc.
Aws Cloud engineer
- Managing a team of DevOps engineer for infrastructure support on AWS cloud. Creating Cloud Formation scripts for hosting software on AWS cloud. Automating the installation of software through Shell scripts.
- As a DevOps Engineer supported multiple teams for multiple applications including .Net and Java/J2EE.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production servers/storage using AWS cloud watch.
- Worked with AWS Cloud Formation Templates, terraform along with Ansible modules.
- Implementation of JIRA to track all issues pertaining to SDLC and Integration of JIRA with repositories such as Subversion, Bigbucket and GIT to track all code changes.
- Implemented Jenkins and built pipelines to drive all microservice builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Configure S2I builds to customize docker images and installed Jenkins Blue Ocean plugin on OpenShift pipelines.
- Configuring JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/Issue tracker.
- Extensively worked on AnsiblePlaybooks with Ansible roles. Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment. Configure the servers, deploy software, and orchestrate continuous deployments or zero downtime rolling updates.
- Configured and managed low-level components such as compute instances, storage, and networking, as well as high-level components such as DNS entries, SaaS features, etc. with infrastructure Terraform.
- Wrote AnsiblePlaybooks with pythonSSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using python scripts.
- Created Docker Swarm using Docker CLI to Orchestrate, Schedule and deploy the services to Swarm and managed the Swarm behavior.
- Configured and maintained ELK Stack with X-Pack features cloud cluster to analyze Web traffic, Web attacks, Business Intelligence, security and compliance.
- Configured and provisioned EKK stack (Amazon Elasticsearch Service, Amazon Kinesis, and Kibana) using AWS CloudFormation template to monitor Apache logs.
- Implemented Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) on the environment using Snort.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Deploying and maintaining applications in Amazon AWS.
- Developed Cloud Formation scripts to build on demand EC2 instance formation.
- Integrated Amazon Cloud Watch with Amazon EC2 instances for monitoring the log files and track metrics.
- Responsible for building application full automation pipeline for deployment into AWS using Jenkins and automate site configuration using Ansible.
- Configured resources such as packages, services, files, directories, exec, notify, users, groups, cron jobs, etc. using Ansible.
- Extended an existing Ansible for an operations tools start-up to enable seamless full infrastructure provisioning for site redundancy and staging/development environments.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration tool, creating new jobs, managing required plugins, configuring the jobs selecting required source code management tool, build trigger, build system and post build actions, scheduled automatic builds, notifying the build reports, etc.
- Used Ansible to install software and automate installation.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning in instances created in OpenStack cloud throughAnsible
- Updated and installed packages and patches for all the servers. Installed and configured apache web servers on various Linux and UNIX servers.
- Worked on setting up Jenkins for an project and also used the Jenkins command line features and the REST API within an Automation. The Jenkins REST API xml output was integrated with MY SQL database using Shell Script.
- Used GIT as source code management tool: creating local repo, cloning the repo, Adding, committing, pushing the changes in the local repo, saving changes for later (Stash), recovering files, branching, creating tags, viewing logs, etc.
- Configured and deployed Bitnami ELK stack on Azure, worked on Installing plugins and troubleshooting HTTPS support with SSL s.
- Monitored Application Servers metrics and logging using tools like ELK stack.
- Responsible to work with other SQL developers to develop and extend data modeling to provide flexible and efficient access to information
- Perform tests and conduct code reviews with other team members to make sure your work is resilient, elegantlycoded, and effectively tuned for performance
- Manage and contribute to all aspects of application development including functional and technical specifications, design, development, and production support
- Wrote T-SQL Queries and procedures to generate DML Scripts that modified database objects dynamically based on inputs.
- Experiences in using app dynamics as application performance monitoring tool, installing Java and python server agents in the application environment.
- Implemented a metrics collection mechanism for the server by utilizing Apache Kafka to stream server-side events to Google Analytics allowing for deeper insight into customer deployments.
- Experience on Splunk Enterprise Deployments and enabled continuous integration on as part of configuration management
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, Mail server and MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Experienced in installation and configuration of Volume Management and file system through Veritas Volume Manager (VVM) and Logical Volume Manager (LVM) in Linux.
- Developed procedures to import data from vendors on status and Created data extracts for billing using TSQL
- Created data extracts from SQL server into CSV, TXT and MS Excel files