- Around 7 years of experience as DevOps/Build and Release Engineer in solving complex problems in automating, configuring and deploying instances in the areas of Data Center Operations, Systems Administration, Cloud computing, Software Configuration Management (SCM)
- Expertise in every phase of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) of Waterfall, Agile (Scrum) and Test - Driven Development Cycles.
- Experienced in automating, configuring and deploying instances on Azure, AWS, and Rackspace cloud environments and Data centers with in depth knowledge on ELK Stacks such as Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana.
- Extensive experience in setting up the CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, CHEF, Terraform and AWS.
- Experienced in configuring Cloud platforms such as Virtual Networks Multi-site, Cross-site, VMs, Azure
- Strong Experience in Microservices architecture and Migration of all servers from on - premises to Docker/Kubernetes container technologies in Azure.
- Working Experience on Azure Cloud Services, Azure Storage, SQL Azure and in different PaaS Solutions with Web, and worker Roles and Azure Web Apps.
- Set up a GCP Firewall rules in order to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN (content delivery network) to deliver content from GCP cache locations drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Hands on experience on Azure VPN-Point to Site, Virtual networks, Azure Custom security, end security and firewall. Used Azure Express Route to set up a private connection to Microsoft cloud services such as a Microsoft Azure, Office 365, and Dynamic 365.
- Developed an Azure-based high-performance compute environment to support the massive computational requirements of client congressional redistricting Azure application.
- Good experience in Microsoft Products and their deployment including Octopus and PowerShell .
- Experience in Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Ability in execution of XML, Ant Scripts, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, and Power Shell scripts
- Experience with web and application servers (Apache http server, Tomcat).
- Instrumental in design, analyze and fine tuning Service Telemetry. Experience working with Azure Active Directory (AAD)
- Played a key role in automating the deployments on AWS using GitHub, Terraform, Puppet, Chef and Jenkins.
- Performed automation tasks on various Docker components like Docker Hub, Docker Engine, azure
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Experience in Designing, Architecting and implementing scalable cloud-based web applications using AWS and GCP .
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet Master, Agents & Databases. Integration of Puppet with Apache and Passenger.
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Docker file.
- Knowledge on Deploying Couchbase, Tomcat and Elastic search clusters using Docker.
- Good Exposure on Virtualization and Containers (Docker) and Hypervisors ESXI, ESX.
- Experience in using Nexus Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- Configuring network services such as DNS, NFS, SMTP, NTP, DHCP, LDAP, send mail, ftp, remote access, security management and Security trouble shooting skills.
- Experience with Mongo DB, MSSQL, MySQL and Server DB Tasks. Experience on Vagrant, AWS and Kubernetes based container deployments to create self-environments for dev teams and containerization of env's delivery for releases.
- Contributed to a method with Confidential Packer to test new AWS AMIs before promoting it into production.
- Involved in provisioning and Automation servers on Public Cloud like AWS, AWS and Kubernetes.
- Experience in Process monitoring and debugging using tool such as Nagios.
- Create new iterations, new builds and deploy built requests using AWS CodePipeline, Jenkins, CodeDeploy, S3, Bitbucket, and Git.
- Implemented CD pipeline involving Jenkins, Nexus, and Chef, Ansible to complete the Automation from commit to Deployment.
- Highly proficient SQL and RDBMS skills, including SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, and PostGreSQL.
- Unique experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry and OpenShift/Kubernetes architecture and design, troubleshooting issues with platform components (PCF), and developing global/multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large scale developments/deployments on Cloud Foundry and OpenShift/Kubernetes
- Vast knowledge of utilizing cloud technologies including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
- Expertise on shell and python scripting with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD and AWS, Azure Cloud Architecture and hands-on Engineering.
- Experience using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts through Jenkins (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Efficient in working closely with Development, QA, Product and Business owner teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases across multiple platforms and environments.
- Adaptable, with effective cross-cultural communications skills.
- Self-motivated team player with excellent interpersonal and technical documentation skills and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
Platforms: Red Hat Linux , CentOS, Ubuntu, SUSE, VIOS 2.1/2.2, HP-UX 11, IBM AIX, Windows, Windows Server, VMware ESX and Mac OS.
Cloud: Azure, AWS EC2, S3, RDB, ELB, EBS, VPC, Auto Scaling, Dynamo DB. Azure Cloud and Office 365 Cloud Exchange,PCF
Versioning Tools: TFS, GIT, SVN, Perforce, Clear Case, CVS and Bit Bucket.
Database: Cassandra, Mesos, MongoDB, MYSQL, SQL Server 2012/2014
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo and CVS.
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest.
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, and Ansible
Containerization Tools: Docker.
Scripting: Shell scripting, Python, Scala, Bash
Web technologies: HTML, CSS, SOAP, REST
Application Servers and Web servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, and Tomcat, Apache server, Glass Fish, Jboss.
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, Solarwind, fixstream.
Confidential, COLUMBUS, IN
Cloud DEVOPS ENGINEER
- Followed Agile methodologies and implemented them on various projects by setting up Sprint for every two weeks and daily stand-up meetings.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Launching and configuring of Amazon EC2(AWS) Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux/Ubuntu) and configuring the servers for specified applications.
- Stabilized the execution plans using SQL plan base lines for Business reports which help meeting the SLA.
- Worked on google cloud platform (GCP) services like compute engine, cloud load balancing, cloud storage, cloud SQL, stack driver monitoring and cloud deployment manager.
- Setup GCP Firewall rules to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN (content delivery network) to deliver content from GCP cache locations drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Creating the file systems using Red Hat volume manager and performing the health check on regular basis for all Linux servers.
- Worked on proof of concept on open source databases like Postgres and MySQL for various projects.
- Experience in Micro services development using spring boot and deployment in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Build application and database servers using AWS EC2 and create AMIs as well as use RDS for Oracle DB.
- Automating in Azure for creation of subscription, Storage Account and tables using Windows PowerShell.
- Service Management Automation, Microsoft Azure Automation workflows using Microsoft Runbook.
- Resolving issues in integration and playing role of production Support.
- Involved in creating the Azure Services with Virtual Machine. Involved in developing the Azure Solution and Services like IaaS and PaaS. Managed Azure Infrastructure Web Roles, Worker Roles, Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365. Created Cache Memory on Windows Azure to improve the performance of data transfer between SQL Azure and WCF services.
- Contribute to the support forums (specific to Azure Networking, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Active Directory, Azure Storage) for Confidential Developers Network.
- Hands on experience on Azure VPN-Point to Site, Virtual networks, Azure Custom security, Endpoint security and firewall.
- Used Azure Express Route to set up a private connection to Microsoft cloud services such as a Microsoft Azure and Dynamic 365. Configured Azure Virtual Networks, subnets, DHCP address blocks, Azure network settings, DNS settings, security policies and routing. Azure API Management, Security, Cloud-to-Cloud Integration (Public, Private)
- Extensive experience in Azure E3 Enterprise Mobility Suite of tools in MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) and Intune. Build Data Sync job on Windows Azure to synchronize data from SQL databases to SQL Azure. Azure IoT hub, event hub, service bus and integration patterns.
- Performed Power Shell scripting for Active Directory and Exchange.
- Develop PowerShell scripts to perform pre-migration assessments of Active Directory and server states.
- Integrated Azure Active Directory for user authentication/authorization and organization profiles.
- Created and implemented ARM Templates for deployment of the resources, deployed the resources into Azure using the PowerShell and Continuous Integration by VSTS.
- Worked with GitHub to manage source code repositories and performed branching, merging, and tagging depending on requirement.
- Developed GIT hooks for the local repository, code commit and remote repository, code push functionality and Worked on the GitHub.
- Experience in Setting up Chef Workstation, Bootstrapped instances using Chef and integrating with auto scaling.
- Experienced with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Developed and scheduled bash shell scripts for various activities (deployed environment verification, running database scripts, file manipulations, Subversion (SVN) etc.)
- Created continuous integration system using ANT, Jenkins, Puppet full automation, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deployments.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been cored to this experience, along with Mesos, Marathon and Kubernetes.
- Provide architectural and practical guidance to software development to improve resiliency, efficiency, performance, and costs.
- Experience in creating AWS AMI, have used Confidential corp Packer to create and manage the AMI's.
- Secured Data is stored in MySQL. Vault (by Confidential ) secures, stores and tightly controls access tokens and passwords used by the overall platform, started in the AWS cloud and currently integrates with several services like: AWS AIM, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon SNS, Amazon RDS.
- Support and administration of Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server, and MySQL database systems
- Experience in developing and deploying the micro services applications in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (Paas) cloud platform and CF command line interface.
- Experience in development of java Restful Web (Jersey, Spring Boot) and SOAP based services. Experience in ORM frameworks like Spring JPA and Hibernate
- Monitor and report on service level objectives for a given applications services. Work with business and product owners to establish key performance indicators
- Capacity planning and management - create, use, maintain a capacity model for on-Prem and AWS hosting, based on E2E user flow profiles
- Work with product operations team to resolve trouble tickets, developing and running scripts, and troubleshooting services in a hosted environment
- Working knowledge of virtualized environments; VM management and provisioning
Environment: AWS, Azure, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, GIT, Terraform, GitHub, Subversion, Python, Pivotal Cloud Foundry(PCF), Shell Script, PowerShell, Linux, ANT/Maven, Jenkins, Artifactory, Agile, JIRA, RHEL, AWS, Tomcat, Bash Scripting, Groovy Scripting.
Confidential, DETROIT, MI
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involved environments like Development QA UAT and Production.
- Strong hands-on on AWS cloud services like EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, and EBS for installing, configuring.
- Worked with Amazon IAM console to create custom users and groups.
- Worked with various AWS EC2 and S3 CLI tools.
- Working on Migration of on-premise data to AWS RDS - MS SQL server and database.
- Worked on various Azure services like Compute (Web Roles, Worker Roles), Azure Websites, Caching, SQL Azure, NoSQL, Storage, Network services, Azure Active Directory, API Management, Scheduling, Auto Scaling, and PowerShell Automation.
- Experience Azure Table Storage and Blob on Azure SQL. Created stored procedures, nested queries, and triggers of the application.
- Responsible for web application deployments over cloud services (web and worker roles) on Azure using VS and PowerShell.
- Involved in developing the Azure Solution and Services like IaaS and Paas. Deployed Azure resource manager-based resources.
- Configured Azure Active Directory and managed users and groups
- Integrated AWS DynamoDB using AWS Lambda to store the values items and backup the DynamoDB streams.
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end server.
- Worked in automation of Software Configuration Management (SCM) including repository setup, branching, merging, release management processes.
- Worked on CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies by creating the master-slave architecture and integrating the Jenkins with various tools such as GIT, Sonar Qube, Junit, etc. by using different types of plugins available in Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins AWS CodeDeploy plugin to deploy to AWS. Creating and configuring Jenkins jobs, build and delivery pipelines. Scripting via Linux & OSX platforms: Bash, GitHub and GitHub API
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Automate provisioning and repetitive tasks using Terraform and Python, Docker container, Service Orchestration.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using Chef. Automated centralized configuration using Puppet.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Wrote playbooks for ansible and deploying applications using Ansible. Ansible-vault encryption mechanism.
- Setup Chef Servers, Chef Workstations, and Chef Nodes and involved in bootstrapping new infrastructure Chef Nodes. Configured multiple cookbooks, recipes, templates and attributes on workstations to be deployed to Chef Nodes.
- Scripting in multiple languages on LINUX and Windows Batch, Shell script, PowerShell.
- Monitored System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect Prod issues.
Environment: GIT, GITHUB, AWS, Azure, IAM, S3, Azure, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Nginx, Ant, Maven, SonarQube, Microservices, Tortoise SVN, Bitbucket, Github, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Java, Agile, Apache, Apache Tomcat, Pivotal Cloud Foundry(PCF), Jboss, Bash, Shell, Perl, Python.
UNIX/LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
- Installing, tuning, troubleshooting and patching of Red Hat Enterprise Linux Servers.
- Installation and configuration of WebLogic and WebSphere application server.
- Installation, Configuration and maintenance of web servers, application servers, and database servers on Linux Servers.
- Scheduled Various regular, periodic, future and queue tasks by using corntab.
- User Account Management, Group Account Management, configuring dumb terminals, adding modems, formatting and partitioning disks, manipulating swap, local and remote printer management, taking and restoring backup, scheduling jobs.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of Oracle database, EBS consisting Oracle Financials
- Troubleshooting backup and restore problems and performed day-to-day trouble shooting for the end users on Solaris and Linux based servers.
- Worked with DBA team for database performance issues, network related issue on Linux / Unix Servers and with vendors for hardware related issues.
- Expanded file system using Solaris Volume Manager (SVM) in the fly in Solaris boxes.
- Develop, Maintain, update various scripts for services (start, stop, restart, recycle, cron jobs) UNIX based shell, Perl.
- Creation of VMs, cloning and migrations of the VMs on VMware vSphere 4.0.
- Decommissioning of the old servers and keeping track or decommissioned and new servers using inventory list.
- Handling problems or requirements as per the ticket (Request Tracker) created.
- Participated in on-call rotation to provide 24X7 technical supports.
- Configuration and troubleshooting - LAN and TCP/IP issues.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Sun Solaris, Oracle, Weblogic, Shell, MS Windows 2003 server.