- Over 7+ years of experience in DevOps/ Agile Operations, Linux Administrator, Configuration Management , Change Management, Build and Release Engineering and Cloud Management.
- Proficiently experienced in Amazon Web Services(AWS) cloud platform and its services like EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, VPC, VPN, Dynamo, EBS, ELB, SNS, Glacier, Auto - Scaling, IAM, Route53, AMI, Security-Groups, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, OpsWorks, and Cloud Formation through AWS management console and AWS CLI (Command Line Interface).
- Experience in writing Terraform scripts for AWS infrastructure. Enabled AWS Config to monitor changes in AWS accounts. Developed AWS Config Rules to monitor for unencrypted volumes and untagged resources in all accounts.
- Designed, configured and deployed Azure Automation Scripts for a multitude of applications utilizing the Azure stack (Including Compute, Web & Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, HDInsight Clusters, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, and ARM), Services and Utilities focusing on Automation.
- Effective customer service skills with good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Performed as DevOps enabler, specializing in Agile, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Cloud, and Infrastructure as Code, Infrastructure Provisioning, Orchestration, Monitoring, Alerting and Service Level Dashboards.
- Automated deployments through configuration management configuring Chef and tested chef cookbook modifications on AWS cloud instances configuring Test Kitchen and Chef Spec. Created Chef cookbooks and recipes in order to maintain different parts of the infrastructure and further automated configuring these cookbooks.
- Experienced on Chef Integration with Microsoft Azure and worked on Azure management portals as well.
- Expertise in managing builds tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as WAR & EAR from source code. Application Deployments & Environment configuration configuring Ansible.
- Hands on experience in configuring Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Team city and Hudson. Supporting scheduled builds managing scripts and tools.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and Git. Extensively worked with Version Control Systems CVS, SVN (Subversion), GIT, Perforce.
- Performed Source code management managing Git from master repository and knowledge on Container management configuring Docker in creating images.
- Configured and Administered Nexus Repository Manager and Jfrog Artifactory. Have hands on experience with Bitbucket server. Extensively worked with automation tools like Hudson, Jenkins to implement the End-to-End Automation.
- Worked to setup Jenkins as a service inside the Docker swarm cluster to reduce the failover downtime to minutes and to automate the Docker containers deployment without configuring configuration management tool.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation and Deployed Qualys into AWS EC2 instances with Puppet Automation Scripts.
- Hands-on experience on Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Expert with Installation of Linux and Windows OS such as RHEL 5.x/6.x/7.x, CentOS, SUSE Linux, Ubuntu, Windows Server 2003/2008-R2/2012-R2.
- Experience and familiar with Virtualization technologies like installing, configuring, administering VMware ESX/ESXi and Citrix Xen Server/Openstack. Created and managed VMs (virtual server) and involved in the maintenance of the virtual server.
- Experience with VMWare tools like VCenter & vSphere to manage VM's running on ESX cluster nodes and experience working VMotion.
- Strong knowledge of DNS, DHCP and IP Addressing. Installation and configuration of various services like DNS, DHCP, NFS, LDAP and Send mail, Apache Web Server, Samba, SSH, HTTP, RPM package management and administering Active Directory group policies.
- Strong scripting skills with experience in Perl, VB Script, UNIX shell scripts, Python scripts. Experience with Integration Code Review Tools like GIT.
- Good experience and understanding of SAN (SAN arrays, HITACHI, EMC) technology including zoning, disk creation on various systems.
- Developed reports and dashboards managing analytics tools like Kibana, Splunk, Tableau, Microsoft Report Builder (MSBI). Experience in implementing and administering monitoring tools Splunk and Nagios.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of 24/7 system maintenance and has good customer support experience.
DevOps Tools: Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle.
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris 11/10, Red Hat Linux 5.x/6.x/7 SUSE 10/11/12, Ubuntu, OEL, CentOS, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012.
Network Protocols: SMTP, SNMP, ICMP, TCP/IP, FTP, TELNET, UDP, and RIP, iSCSI, Fibre Channel.
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Rackspace, Openstack.
Virtualization/Containerization: VMWare ESXi 6.x,5x,4.x,3.x, vCenter, VI Client, citrix-xen, Docker, pivotal cloud foundry, vagrant.
Versioning Tools: GIT, SVN, Subversion, Perforce, Clear Case, CVS, and Bit Bucket.
Languages: Shell Scripting, power Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby.
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere and JBoss.
Monitoring: Nagios, ZABBIX, Splunk, AppDynamics.
Hardware: Dell R710, R720, R510 and R910, IBM Blade Servers.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Cloud Systems Engineer
- Developed environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning on EC2 instances configuring Terraform, Bash and Docker.
- Created AWS Instances, Instance Groups, AWS IAM and Security Groups in Public and Private Subnets in VPC. Configured multiple Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Auto Scaling Groups for high availability; fault tolerant Docker containers in ECS.
- Experience with Terraform to build infrastructure as a code. Created multiple highly available ECS clusters and deployed multiple services into clusters configuring Terraform Scripts. Developed Terraform Scripts to automate the infrastructure deployment.
- Developed automated provisioning applications according to organizational standards for deployment to AWS environment.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing terraform code. Hands on experience on terraform as a tool for building, changing and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Implemented high availability with Azure Classic and Azure Resource Manager deployment models and provided high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS roles for access from remote servers and other services configuring Azure Internal Load Balancers.
- Monitored and setup alerting mechanisms of all the Azure infrastructure through the System Center Operation Manager (SCOM) and OMS Monitoring for log analytics.
- Provisioned infrastructure within Azure by creating virtual machines and attaching Vnets managing Azure Resource Manager Templates and PowerShell scripts.
- Setting up Connection Strings and connecting SQL Server AZURE Databases from locally Installed SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) for Developers.
- Dockerizing java applications. Worked on NoSQL DBs MongoDB, Cassandra for relational Database purposes and implemented several Tomcat Instances by configuring the Docker engine for running several Containerized AppServers.
- Worked on installing of Docker configuring Docker toolbox and worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Maintained the cloud infrastructure configuring a combination of Jenkins, Terraform and Rundeck for automating CICD pipeline in AWS. Configured RDS, Elastic Cache and encrypted the security credentials in corresponding VPC configuring Vault.
- Worked with the application team on testing and validating the new deployments. Configured Key blade tool for application configurations.
- Deployed various microservices and provisioned infrastructure within cloud platforms configuring Ansible Playbooks and setup build pipelines and scheduled build jobs configuring Ansible.
- Developed scripts within Python and configured Python modules for orchestrating microservices and automating cloud deployment processes managing the Ansible Python API modules.
- Improved speed, efficiency and scalability of the continuous integration environment, automating wherever possible configuring Python, Shell and PowerShell Scripts.
- Worked on Akamai (Content Delivery Network) for defining multiple certificates and registering multiple URL’s. Configured multiple VPC’s, Subnet and Route 53 DNS.
- Experience in Cache purging, whitelisting, adding new digital properties to an existing Subject Alternate Name certificate and SSL certificate deployed on Akamai. Extensively worked on Vault Secret Management and Consul tools to provide security credentials, tokens and API keys.
- Created AWS lambda batch Jobs and scheduled jobs based on the company requirements. Designed and worked with team to implement ELK (search, log stash and Kibana) Stack on AWS.
- Migrated legacy applications and underlined platforms from data centers to AWS cloud. Experience on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Registry.
- Stored the log files in AWS S3. Configured versioning in S3 buckets where the highly sensitive information is stored. Enabled Cloud Trail to capture the API activities in AWS S3 buckets.
- Experienced in creating RDS instances to serve data through servers for responding to requests. Configured Multi AZ RDS instances for High Availability and Read Replica instances for serving read intensive applications.
- Experience in configuring Splunk and Integrated Splunk with Active directory and LDAP authentication. Performance monitoring of CPU, Memory, Disks and network of multiple services configuring AS Cloud Watch metric logs.
- Experience with analysis of logs and performing root cause analysis for various issues coming up once the application went to production region.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Sr. DevOps Engineer/Cloud Engineering
- Maintained the user accounts IAM, RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud. Build servers managing AWS. Configuring and deploying instances on AWS environment and Data centers, importing volumes also familiar with EC2, Cloud watch, Elastic Search and managing security groups on AWS.
- Created instances in AWS as well as migrated data to AWS from data Center configuring snowball and AWS migration service. Importing volumes, launching EC2 , RDS , creating security groups, auto-scaling , load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates. Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Provided highly durable and available data by managing S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create Amis for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Configured Cassandra clusters in Amazon Web Services Cloud and migrated data between environments .
- Generated python scripts to manage the Automatic backup of the EC2 - ELB volumes and created scheduled jobs configuring Lambda functions to create the snapshots of the volumes with the AWS API for EC2 Instances storage.
- Configured AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java , Node.js , Python and Ruby on familiar servers such as Apache , and IIS.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage configuring CloudWatch .
- Hands on experience with the AWS CLI and SDKs/API tools like AWS API for Puppet. Working with Devops practices configuring AWS, Elastic Bean stalk and Docker with Kubernetes.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code configuring Terraform to build staging and production environments and implemented Terraform modules for deployment of applications across multiple cloud providers.
- Configured Azure Traffic Manager to build routing for user traffic Infrastructure Migrations: Drive Operational efforts to migrate all legacy services to a fully Virtualized Infrastructure.
- Migrating Services from On-premise to Azure Cloud Environments and collaborating with development and QA teams to maintain high-quality deployments configuring PowerShell automation scripts in Azure IaaS and Azure PaaS environments.
- Implementing a CI/CD (Continuous Integration /Continuous Delivery) framework configuring Jenkins, Maven & Artifactory in Linux environment and Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Git, Confluence, Jira and Cloud Foundry.
- Configuring Jenkins as a common CI engine to build and promote applications to DEV, QA and STAGING to Linux environments.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant’s build.xml and build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml . Managed the Maven Repository configuring Nexus tool to automate the build process to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Created scripts for Backup and restoring GITHUB repositories. Implemented Microservices architecture to convert monolithic heavy application into smaller applications.
- Configured Ansible for one of many abstraction layers for grouping a set of tasks (plus default data, templates, handlers, files). Worked on Ansible to spin up Jenkins server with all the dependencies, like multiple Java versions and Jenkins dependencies.
- Experience in scheduling jobs configuring Ansible Tower. Wrote Ansible Playbooks with YAML SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances configuring Python . Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Expertise in writing Ansible playbooks to integrate WebSphere with LDAP server.
- Worked on installing of Docker , created Docker images configuring a Docker file. Worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle. Implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous integration / Continuous Delivery model.
- Implemented several Tomcat Instances by configuring the Docker engine for running several Containerized Application Servers.
- Installed, Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Monitored and analyzed network traffic and security appliances to detect intrusions, identify infection vectors and compromised accounts configuring Splunk.
- Utilize Nagios based Open Source monitoring tools to monitor Linux Cluster nodes configured configuring Red Hat Cluster Suite.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Configured MySQL, DynamoDB and ElastiCache to perform basic database administration. Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins or Maven for deployment and build management system.
- Configured ANT, Puppet, Docker scripts with Ivy to build the application and deploy Puppet, puppet dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments managing SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub, GitLab), Clear case, Harvest and VSS and resolved all the conflicts raised during the merge.
- Deployed WARs in TOMCAT Application server configuring ANT script as a CI/CD Process. Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI’s.
- Worked on Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploying critical applications and proactively managing the change. Managed the configuration of multiple servers configuring Ansible .
- Expertise in writing Ansible playbooks . Automated multi-tier architecture by Ansible playbooks by writing different tasks in playbooks.
- Responsible for Docker and services discovery, including management and customization of images, and adding external content by configuring Docker Hub, as well as exposing container ports, configuring port redirects, creating snapshots, writing automation.
- Implemented Docker -maven-plugin in and maven pom to build Docker images for all microservices and later managed Docker file to build the Docker images from the java jar files.
- Created Docker Images configuring a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes, also deployed Docker Swarm configuring Ansible.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent . Defined Puppet Master and Puppet Agents to manage and configure nodes.
- Built & deployed Java/J2EE to Web App Server in Agile continuous integration environment and automated process and wrote shell-script wrappers scripts that would call ANT, MAVEN from JENKINS .
- Worked on Installation/ Configuration/Administrated VMware ESXi5.1/5.5 & 6.0 and migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure .
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Red hat Linux Kickstart Installation. Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File System quota on Redhat Linux.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks. Configured Perl & Shell scripts to automate build & release process and managed Maven project dependencies.
- Regularly monitoring application server instances configuring Nagios, Dynatrace and Blue stripe. Monitoring and service issue resolution of LAMP stack web servers, both shared and VPS.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Build and Release Engineer/ VMware Engineer
- Involved in improvement of CI/CD (Continuous Integration /Continuous Delivery) Software Release Management strategies for various. Configured Jenkins for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
- Worked with Subversion, Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development in a Fast-Paced Engineering Environment.
- Worked closely with the CM teams, which were migrating from SVN to GIT. Was a part of Planning and Build/Deploy processes with the teams. Worked with developers in establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling / naming conventions configuring GIT source control.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory). Configured Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server .
- Develop and maintain ANT (build.xml) and Maven (pom.xml) scripts and configuring MAVEN and ANT as a build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code.
- Enabled Continuous Delivery through Deployment into several environments of Development, Test and Production configuring Maven and Sonarqube.
- Automated deployment process, the Jar files and started deploying into Application servers by configuring Jenkins. Setting up the automated daily and nightly builds
- Deployment of application to the Tomcat/WebSphere/WebLogic Application Server and updated the Database Tables running the Database Scripts.
- Implementing/setting up new build environments for various products and release practice in Linux environment; responsible for pushing builds into DEV/ QA / SIT /UAT.
- Worked on Installation/ Configuration/Administrated VMware ESXi5.1/5.5 & 6.0 and migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure. Installation, Configuration and administration of VMware .
- Prepare specs for new infrastructure and VMware servers, disk storage, and network switches, routers, firewalls, and VPN's.
- Managed user disk usage by setting up quotas and Administrated System logs, Security logs. Enforced development policies configuring Subversion hooks and other metadata.
- Troubleshooting security related issues, capturing packets configuring tools such as Ip-tables, firewall, TCP wrappers. Monitor applications server performance configuring Nagios, Dynatrace and Blue Stripe .
- Integrate JIRA projects with Confluence Pages and construct Confluence pages.
- Installed WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat and Apache Web server binaries for different versions and related components across all environments, upgrading the environment from WebLogic 8.1/9.2 to 10.0MP2 to 10.3, JBoss 4.x to 5.x and Tomcat 4.x to 5x/6x.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
VMware Administrator/ Linux Administrator
- Worked with the fast pace of Agile Development team building software systems. Installing, configuring and updating Red Hat Linux and CentOS configuring Kick Start server as required for the project.
- Managing Linux servers Red Hat Enterprise , Linux deploying security patches and package management . Monitoring, analyzing, and responding to security events utilizing security event management and reporting tools.
- Creating Virtual Machines, installing guest operating systems and installation of VMware tools . Writing Shell and Perl Scripting and CRON for automation of job.
- Installed Veritas File system (VxFS) and Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) to configure RAID 1 and RAID 5 Storage Systems on Sun Solaris and maintained DNS, Network File Services (NFS), and DHCP, printing, mail, web, and FTP services for the enterprise.
- Performed tasks on F5 load balancer like installing and renewing SSL certificates and bouncing servers with performance issues after taking them out of server pools.
- Installed, configured, administered and maintained LDAP Directory server and done troubleshooting for maintaining network and data security.
- Assigning the newly scanned LUN s from the server to the volume group and increasing the file system configuring Red Hat Volume Manager .
- Designed, deployed and supported VMware ESXi 3.5/4.x/5x server which hosts the virtual servers for test/dev/staging environment. Installing and configuring the VMware, VSphere and creating clusters tuning or High Availability (HA) and Dynamic Resource Scheduling (DRS).
- Experience in Adding servers to vCenter servers and managed hosts configuring vSphere client . Implemented vCenter Operations supervisor and configured the infrastructure and integrated into the environment.
- Build out virtualized server landscape from existing bare metal production and staging servers and configured virtual machines and templates; building, deploying the Virtual Machines from those templates and Configured the machines accordingly.
- Scheduled tasks for VMotion and Storage VMotion of VM's and managed snapshots prior to planned patch install or upgrade.
- Involved in P2V, V2V, V2P Migration configuring Stand Alone VMware Converter Server and Plate Spin . Working on Automated provisioning configuring vRealize Automation (vRA) and vRealize Orchestrator (vRO).
- Enhanced knowledge in VMware ESXi , performed tuning for VMware ESXi hosts and Virtual Machines. Configured, maintained, applied changes and fail-over schedules of HA servers running Veritas Cluster Server and Redhat Cluster Server.
- Implemented and maintained SAN infrastructure. Connecting and configuring SAN and NAS storage into the ESXi and Hyper-V servers.
- Creating NTFS shares on Windows Servers and provide permissions to users. Tuned and Optimized SQL Queries which includes creating database tables, updating table entries.