- Red Hat Certified Architect experienced in planning, designing, build and implementation of enterprise Linux infrastructure.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect - Professional.
- Experienced in build, design and implementation of cloud environment using various AWS services.
- Specialization in Transition and Transformation.
- Expertise in Red Hat products such as: Satellite, IPA, Red Hat Cluster.
- Lead multiple large scape transformation projects involving moving petabytes of storage and windows, Linux workloads to AWS.
- Experienced in various flavors of Linux - Red Hat / CentOS / SUSE / Debian and Ubuntu.
- Familiar with ITIL process in Incident Management / Change Management and Problem Management.
- Expertise in using migration tools such as CloudEndure and Doubte Take.
- Experienced using CI/CD tools like Jenkins, bamboo, terraform and AWS services.
- Experienced in people management and leading team.
- Experienced in people management and as Team Lead for Linux and AWS professionals
- Experience in working with Agile and Waterfall implementation methodologies.
Operating Systems: Linux - Red Hat, Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu and SuSE, Windows - Win2008, Win2012, Win2016
Public Cloud Platform: AWS, Some experience in Azure and Google Cloud
Deployment Tools: Puppet, chef, AWS OpsWorks, AWS Systems Manager
Scripting: Shell Script
Version Control: Git, bitbucket, Subversion Continues integration (CI)/Continues
Deployment Tools (CD): Jenkins, bamboo, docker, containers, Kubernetes, AWS ECS
Migration Tools: CloudEndure, DoubleTake, AWS Server Migration Service
Virtualization Platform: VMWare, Red Hat Virtualization, KVM
Project Management Tools: JIRA, slack, hipchat, salesformce.com, basecamp
AWS tools for deployment: Code Deploy, CodeCommit, CodePipeline, CloudFormationElasticBeanstalk
DataCenter specific: Red Hat Satellite, Red Hat Cluster, Linux based firewalls, SAN, LAN
Security Tools: Qualys, pfsense, Fortinet, IAM roles and policesPhysical Servers Confidential, HP, DELL
Database: MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL on AWS RDS
- Presently working on designing, planning and implementation of Disaster Recovery Solution for Confidential .
- Creation of Runbooks and documentation of Double Take tool used for Replication of data.
- Understand client requirements and explain documentation with key stake holders.
- Execution of replication jobs during maintenance window.
- Replicated cluster of servers from primary site to DR site.
- AWS Architect responsible for managing AWS environment.
- Migrating applications from on-prem datacenter located in China to AWS China region.
- Working with various stakeholders to successfully migrate and re-platform applications.
- Responsible for managing the infrastructure environment on AWS using various tools such as Terraform, Jenkins, Vault, Bitbucket and other tools used in CI/CD process.
- Working on Business Intelligence product deployment for performance warehouse projecets.
- Architecting the Tableau qa,uat and production environment in AWS.
Cloud Transformation & Implementation Delivery Assoc Manager
- Worked at Lead Solution Architect for AWS Journey to Cloud Transformation Project.
- Migrated Linux workloads to AWS cloud that involved Debian,Ubuntu,CentOS and Redhat linux running web applications.
- Responsible for Architect, design, build and transformation for the on-prem workloads to AWS cloud.
- Created High Level and Low level design document for the AWS infrastructure. Discussed those in details with client for approval.
- Implemented HA SMTP solution running Linux+Postfix in AWS cloud.
- Created solutions for massive data (1+ Petabyte) migration for FTP and File services.
- Used Various AWS Services throughout the journey to cloud. Direct Connect, Storage Gateway, IAM Roles and Policies, Dedicated Hosts, Extensively used EC2 and VPC components, S3, Load Balancers - ALB and NLB, RDS, Systems Manager, AWS Backup, Lifecycle policies.
- Implemented solutions for Network, Direct Connect, VPN as per the architectural requirements.
- Worked with application owners to create runbooks to explain the source and target environment of application and migrations steps.
- Experienced in CI/CD process using various tools like Jenkins, bamboo and using AWS services such as CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, Code Pipeline.
- Support the delivery team with Service and Operation readiness.
- Lead AWS build engineer, responsible for designing and implementing the AWS infrastructure.
- Implemented cloud based firewall - Fortinet appliance in AWS cloud.
- Installed and configured Qualys appliance for security patching and threat and vulnerability management.
- Installed and configured an automated tool puppet that included the installation and configuration of servers in Puppet master and puppet agent.
- Implemented AWS platform using Terraform.
- Used AWS CI/CD tools such as CodeCommit, Code Deploy, Code pipeline etc..
- Created High level and low level designs and AWS architectural documents.
- Migrated workloads from another cloud vendor to AWS.
- Support delivery teams with Service and Operational readiness.
- Implemented network and VPN solutions.
- Created and managed User accounts, Log management, shared folders, reporting, group policy
- Lead Migration Engineer responsible for migrating SAP Sybase and HANA systems AS-IS from on-prem datacenter.
- Setup and Managed EBS volumes and EIP to EC2 instances
- Designed AMI Images of EC2 instances by employing AWS CLI & GUI
- Planning, designing and architecting AWS environment to migrate on-prem servers to Cloud.
- AS-IS server migration using Double Take replication tools to AWS Cloud.
- Worked on Functional and non-functional requirements of projects.
- Designing the SAP high availability with application team and deploying the solution
- Working on Linux platform with core competency in Problem Determination, Performance Management, Clustering, Disk Management, Security, Maintenance and Patching.
- Involved in Transition and Transformation of servers from Customer to Confidential Data Centre.
- The DC migration project involved migration of Servers from Customer Data Center to Confidential Data Center. Worked on the below server migrations
- Virtual to Virtual (V2V)
- Physical to Virtual (P2V)
- Lift & Shift (L&S)
- New Server builds using RedHat and SUSE Linux
- RFS work - Request for Services
- New Server Build using Confidential X Series Physical boxes - Linux RHEL 6 and SUSE 11
- New Server Build in VMWare environment - RHEL and SUSE
- Reference Architecture Document for Customer to support new Major OS release
- Capacity Increase changes to increase CPU/RAM
- Working on SUSE Servers setup for SAP HANA Application.
- Implementation of Various Confidential Infernal Projects on servers to maintain maximum uptime and stability of servers.
- Defect Prevention by identifying recurring issues and raises Defect Prevention Plan (DPP)
- Worked on quality RCA for all major incidents and as requested by Customer.
- Participation in Internal and External Audits.
- Presence in Major incidents bridges for the account and ensure documentation and sharing of learnings.
- Tech Talks and Group discussions for his account
- Participation in mentoring programs to upskill the resources
- Patch and configuration management using Red Hat Satellite.
- Supporting Red Hat Clusters.
- Practicing ITIL in Incident and Change Management.
- Working on Confidential Physical Servers as well as VMware Virtual Machines.
- Maintaining detailed documentation of the Account and involved servers.
- Expert Knowledge of maintaining Linux virtual machine using vSphere client.
- Acting as Mentor for fellow IBMers to help them enhance their Linux skills.
- Contributing as Technical Recruiter to shortlist candidates based on their technical competency.
- Installation of NetExpert Product on Solaris and Linux RHEL servers.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of NetExpert Product.
- Installation, configuration of Linux and Solaris Servers for NetExpert deployment.
- Solaris system administration, NFS, NIS, Storage Management
- Worked on Oracle Database Server for back end connectivity of NetExpert System.
- Working as Tier 3 Support in resolving client’s problems.
- Working in Clarify Tool for support case tracking..
- Working knowledge of CORBA, SNMP protocols.
Sr. System Admin
- Primarily worked on AWS platform using various services. EC2, S3, RDS, CloudWatch, CloudFront, IAM, ELB, EBS, AutoScaling, VPN Setup etc..
- Expertise at hosting wordpress,Magento and custom PHP websites in Cloud and dedicated linux servers.
- Control Panels - WHM,Cpanel,Plesk,webmin.
- Web servers - Apache, nginx, litespeed.
- MySQL Databases - (installation, configuration, optimization)
- Server Monitoring - Zabbix,nagios,cacti.
- OpenLDAP - User creation,management in various services.
- Subversion Systems - SVN,GIT
- Server Backup: Automated Incremental Server Backup using rsync and shell scripts.
- Database Backup: Automated MySQL Database Backups using shell script.
- Google Apps Implementation, Administration.
- Firewall Configuration - pfsense,IPcop.
- Server authentication with OpenLDAP - Email servers, web servers and samba.
- Implementation and configuration of VPN.
- Create and manage e-mail accounts, Internet services for users.
- Open SSL: Security Certificate Installation and Configurations.
- Basic Knowledge on IDS/IPS systems i.e. Snort