I have a strong functional knowledge with Windows/Unix systems, Enterprise Change Management and disaster recovery for large entities. I bring a strong focus on service delivery and am frequently recognized as a top performer. I have a passion for understanding New Technologies as they evolve. This is supported by my ability to adapt in extremely challenging situations with efficiency and a focus on quality.
VMWare Server Windows XP Microsoft Exchange
Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 Microsoft Sharepoint Unix: Linux/Solaris/AIX/Red Hat
Bash, Shell and VB Scripting VPN Troubleshooting IPSoft
Remedy Unix VCS Failover Service Now
Windows Operating Systems Mac OSx Windows Servers
OS Patching Analyst
- Reviewed requests to modify, maintain, upgrade or patch servers and added/remove from current automation
- Worked patch windows during non - business hours to run patching automation, and remediate errors that may have occured.
- Worked hand in hand with engineers to remediate issues that may affect business needs of each Client.
- Worked with 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2, 2016, and 2019 Windows servers to ensure that they are properly up to date to prevent security issues.
- Worked with Linux REHL 6 and 7 servers to ensure that they are properly up to date to prevent security issues.
- Worked with Windows Update Services to ensure that updates published by Microsoft were passed to downstream servers for updating.
- Worked with SCCM software to ensure that servers are properly updated.
- Created training documentation on methods and procedures on how to perform job duties for other members of my team.
Systems Trained on: IPSoft systems, including IPcenter, WSUS, SCCM, Linux REHL, Windows Servers
- Reviewed requests to modify, maintain, upgrade or patch servers and databases from Engineers
- Ensured that requests met minimum guidelines, set forth by major Clients that used said server/databases, in regards to service needs.
- Worked hand in hand with engineers to ensure that any changes made will not affect business needs of each Client, and fell within specific maintenance windows.
- Worked with engineers during windows that major patching on server/databases was being performed to ensure that no harm came to Client Environments
- Ran reports reflecting how many changes would be taking place in our client environments, and communicated that information company wide, via large company conferences.
Systems Trained on: IPSoft systems, including IPcenter, Service Now
L1 Unix Database Administrator
- Accepted position doing server administration work for IBM and Fannie Mae.
- Worked on Linux servers, Solaris, AIX, and Windows based Servers.
- Worked hand in hand with LAN personnel to ensure compatibility with LAN applications and peripheral hardware to provide end users with reliable and stable working environment.
- Maintained UNIX/Linux Operating Systems by running systems diagnostics and analyzing results in order to determine causes of systems failures to ensure optimum performance and system availability while minimizing downtime.
- Performed technical changes on servers to include installs, removals, backup restores, and data migration according to customer’s requirements.
- Assisting with the monitoring performance analysis of existing applications and ensuring that the system is consistent with ongoing need.
- Ran systems diagnostics and analyzed results to determine cause of system failures.
- Worked in an auditing role, in which I reviewed old cases to ensure that no issues were overlooked and that problems were properly documented and resolved. As well as wrote Knowledge Base Articles to help guide other members in a similar role on how to resolve issues.
- Worked in a lead position in which I assigned roles and individual assignments, based on scheduling, and volume needs.
- Maintained a scheduling system, region wide, to ensure that time off was properly scheduled based on volume.
Systems Trained on: SUSE Linux, Redhat, Solaris, AIX, Windows Server software 200812/16, VMWare Server, Active Directory, BASH, Shell, and VB Scripting
Technical Support Center Agent
- Fielded technical support emails from member s and clients of Confidential in need of assistance.
- Assisted in basic troubleshooting, as well as assigning tickets to groups for further support if needed.
- Assisted in creating and editing the support site used as a knowledge base for Help Desk agents
- Updating and editing Support Documents used for the knowledge base
- Creating a Note Taker software in order to assist Help Desk agents take their calls
Systems Trained On: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, ITSM Software, Remedy, CISCO VPN Software
Technical Support Agent
- Taking calls in a call center environment while maintaining an average metric of 12 minutes or under per call.
- Assisted customers in resolving technical issues incurred by their Confidential & Confidential products like IPTV, High Speed Internet, and CVOIP services.
- Managed large scale business networks and a broad range of residential networks.
- Cross trained in sales and product upgrades.
Systems Trained On: Clarify, OMS, NGenera.