- A Technocrat professional around 6+ years experience in various roles as Cloud DevOps engineer with top - notch experience in Automating, Configuring and Deploying instances on Cloud environments and Data Centers, CI/CD tools namely Jenkins, Software Configuration Management (SCM) which encompasses experience in Build/Release, Linux/Windows Administration and in DevOps configuration management and infrastructure as a code tools namely Chef, Ansible, puppet, and Terraform. Clear understanding of Agile, Scrum and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Experienced with operations of cloud services PaaS/SaaS/IaaS in designing and automate the infrastructures and deploying in cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, GCP.
- Proficient as Cloud Administrator, involved in configuration for Traffic manager, Data factory, Event hub, function apps, V-net integration, HCM, Application gateway, App Insights, Active directory, Azure Key Vault, Encryption and Security on Azure using ARM templates and PowerShell script.
- Experienced in migrating on-premises, .Net apps, DevOps platform to Azure CI/CD processes by utilizing ARM templates, Azure DevOps, Azure CLI, App services to build Repos, Pipelines, Web Apps, and monitoring applications using Application Insights.
- Hands on experience in Azure cloud worked on Azure web application, App services, Azure SQL Database, Azure Blob storage, Azure Functions, Virtual machines, Fabric controller, Azure AD, Azure Data Factory, Azure Service Bus and notification hub. Proficient in using Azure service fabric to package, deploy, manage scalable and reliable microservices and containers.
- Extensively used Terraform to a reliable version and created infrastructure on Azure. Also created resources, using Azure Terraform modules, and automated infrastructure management. Used Terraform to map more complex dependencies and identify the network issues.
- Experienced in configuring JSON/YAML based AWS CloudFormation Templates to build and create multiple AWS services for Continuous deployment of applications in prod environment as Docker containers and Kubernetes pods and nodes.
- Proficient in several Terraform modules for infrastructure management, terraform scripts to setup AWS resources EKS, VPC, EC2, AMI, Images, Redshift cluster, ELB, and automate the deployment & infrastructure.
- Expertise in deploying microservices, application development, and upgradation using Azure services such as Azure DevOps, Kubernetes Service (AKS), Container Services, MySQL DB, and Grafana, Azure pipelines, RBAC, and monitoring clusters.
- Developed microservices on boarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation, maintenance of build jobs and deploy services in Kubernetes.
- Experience in Google Kubernetes Engine GKE with Spinnaker for continuous delivery of applications to engine in different stages, Google App services for deploying microservices in different environment, GCE instances, assigning IAM for projects, Cloud Shell CLI.
- Implemented the Docker for wrapping up the final code and setting up development and testing environment using Docker Hub, Docker Swarm and Docker Container Network.
- Proficient in configuration management tool Ansible and Ansible Tower where I worked on Playbooks, Inventory files to setup servers, deploying software, orchestrate fault-tolerance updates and delivery incorporating Ansible Tower for access control and generate automated workflows.
- Experienced in Bluegreen Deployment and Canary Deployment, Octopus deployment in the production.
- Managed Kubernetes cluster in the rollback and rollouts methods in the deployment strategies. Integrated Istio and helm packages with Kubernetes clusters for the service mesh.
- Managed flux, Helm charts, Grafana, Tekton, Ingress and Cluster API components in Kubernetes.
- Deployed microservices based applications on Azure Kubernetes by using Azure Kubernetes service (AKS), Ingress API Gateway, MySQL, SQL Databases and Cosmo DB for stateless storage of external data, and setup reverse proxy Nginx servers and encrypting with SSL and TLS Skills.
- Experience in monitoring tools like Splunk, Nagios, OMS.
- Configured Chef servers, worker nodes & bootstrapping Chef nodes for configuration management also proficient in creating Chef Templates, Recipes, Cookbooks, Resources, Knife, Roles, Attributes & Data bags.
- Hands on experience in using JIRA as bug tracking system. Configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for JIRA bug/issue tracker and integration of Jenkins with Jira/ GitHub to track change requests, bug fixes manage tickets for corresponding Sprints.
- Experience in scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell, Bash and familiar with storage, Networking, PowerShell commands. Experienced in creating automated PowerShell Scripts for web app deployment.
- Expertise in file system concepts like LVM, SVM, VxVM. Creating new file systems, increasing and decreasing file systems, mounting file systems, unmounting file systems and troubleshooting Disk space issues. Involved in System Analysis and Performance Monitoring of Red Hat Linux.
Cloud Environments: Microsoft Azure, Confidential Web Services, Open Stack
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Spinnaker, Hudson
Monitoring Tools: Application Insights, Kibana (ELK), Cloud watch, Nagios, Splunk, Azure Log Analytics (OMS), Grafana.
Container Tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN. Subversion, Bit Bucket, Git Lab
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, & SOLARIS
Databases: SQL Server, SQL, MYSQL, Oracle, NoSQL, MongoDB, Dynamo DB, Cassandra
Networking: DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP
Testing/Ticketing Tools: Jira, Selenium
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, Oracle Application Server, Apache HTTP
Virtualization Tools: Oracle Virtual Box, VMWare, vSphere, Vagrant, Oracle Virtual Box
WORK EXPERIENCE:Confidential, Windsor Mill, MD
Senior Azure Infrastructure Engineer
- Designed, configured, and deployed Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates for a multiple application utilizing the Azure stack including Compute, Web App, function app, Blobs, Data Factory, Resource Groups, HDInsight Clusters, Azure Cosmos DB
- Working as cloud Engineer, involved in configuration for Web apps/Function apps, V-net integration, HCM, Application gateway, App Insights, Active directory, Azure Key Vault, Encryption and Security on Azure.
- Migrated servers like relational databases ( SQL) and websites to Microsoft Azure cloud and deploying applications on multiple web servers and maintained load balancing, high availability and synchronized on premises Active Directory users to office 365 with ADCONNECT.
- Deployed ASP.NET web Application in Azure using Web App service, connected it to Azure SQL Database and used VSTS to provide CI/CD pipeline and created Azure Active Directory (AD) tenants and managed to restrict the access to VSTS (Virtual Studio Team Service).
- Worked on azure log analytic workspace where bulk logs are available once the Kubernetes is enabled, then used logic app to filter the required logs and used event hub to transfer the logs to Splunk.
- Created and configured HTTP Triggers in the Azure Functions with Application insights for monitoring and performing load testing on the applications using the VSTS and used Python API for uploading all the agent logs into Azure blob storage.
- Deployed microservices based applications on Azure Kubernetes by using Azure Kubernetes service (AKS), Ingress API Gateway, MySQL, SQL Databases and Cosmo DB for stateless storage of external data, and setup reverse proxy Nginx servers and encrypting with SSL and TLS
- Hands on experience with Provisioning Service Fabric Clusters and Application Gateway using ARM, PowerShell and Azure Portal which is a distributed systems platform to deploy and manage Microservices with high availability.
- Working on Build automation handling large numbers of diverse systems with configuration management and automation systems like Azure DevOps (VSTS,) Docker, Jenkins, Terraform .
- Deployed and optimized two tier web applications to Azure DevOps CI/CD to focus on development by using services such as Repos to commit codes, Test Plans to unit test, deploy App Service, Azure Application Insight collects health performance and usage data of the process, stored artifacts in blob storages.
- Working on Jira to Azure DevOps Migration along with Experience in configuring and using PaaS offerings like Azure Database services, Azure Kubernetes, Azure Containers, DNS, Application gateway rerouting, Application Insights, Azure Container Monitors.
- Deployed and optimized two tier .NET web application to Azure DevOps to focus on development by using services such as Repos to commit codes, Test Plans to trigger application and unit test, deployed artifacts to App Service , Azure Application Insight collects health performance and usage data of the process.
- Established a private connection between Azure Key Vault and other Azure services by using Azure Private Link. Experience in moving all traffic to the service can be routed through the private endpoint.
- Closely collaborate with security architects in developing cloud security frameworks for the enterprise and Security Patching on the Azure IAAS VMs through the Shavlik Patching Tool.
- Created Azure infrastructure using ARM templates, Azure pipelines to build, test, and release, and managed Azure Container Registry to store private Docker images, which are deployed. Grafana Monitor to collect metrics and logs. Configured Monitor to track performance and maintain security, and used Grafana tool to collect metrics, queries.
- Using Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) to deploy a managed Kubernetes cluster in Azure and built an AKS cluster in the Azure portal using template-driven deployment options such as Terraform and Azure Resource Manager templates.
- Designed and implemented Continuous Integration (CI) using tools Azure DevOps over multiple environments to facilitate an agile development process which is automated and repeatable, enabling teams to safely deploy code many times a day while ensuring Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS) are supported.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, and built reproducible Kubernetes applications builds, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed Helm packages releases.
- Worked on Tekton pipeline which aims to provide a set of components used to create a full-fledged cloud-native CI/CD system on top of Kubernetes and also managed Flux to monitor all configured repositories, detect new configuration changes, trigger deployments and Updates the desired running configuration based on those changes inside the Kubernetes.
- Worked on Ansible setup, managing hosts file, Using Yaml, writing various playbooks, roles and manage custom modules with Ansible. And managed sensitive information in code using Ansible vault.
- Implemented centralized logging tool Nagios for monitoring our Servers.
- Worked on multiple areas of Jenkins like Plugin Management, Securing Jenkins, Performance issues, Analytics, Scaling Jenkins, integrating Code Analysis and test Phases to complete the CD pipelines within Jenkins.
- Implemented DevSecops strategy for security auditing, continuous monitoring of the entire infrastructure which facilitates enhanced compliance and eliminates security breaches and vulnerabilities
Confidential, Louisville, KY
Devops Cloud Engineer
- Migrated the Data using Azure database Migration Service (AMS). Experience with cloud, hybrid, and IT-as-a-Service models including implementation and migration (Azure). Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD, configure multi-factor authentication (MFA) and federated single sign-on (SSO).
- Responsible for creating and managing Azure AD tenants, manage users and groups, and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Managing Azure Infrastructure Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses. Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure PowerShell and Portal.
- Configured Azure Traffic Manager to build routing for user traffic Infrastructure Migrations Drive Operational efforts to migrate all legacy services to a fully virtualized Infrastructure. Configuring the Load Balance Sets Azure Load Balancer, Internal Load Balancer and Traffic Manager and worked on Application Gateway.
- Created Azure Automation Assets, Graphical runbook, PowerShell runbook that will automate specific tasks, deployed Azure AD Connect, configuring Active Directory Federation Service (AD FS) authentication flow, ADFS installation using Azure AD Connect, and involved in administrative tasks that include Build, Design, Deploy of Azure environment.
- Created and optimized Node.js, web app and deployed by Jenkins into Kubernetes and used Azure Container Registry and automated development by authenticating new codes and deploying into staging or production platforms.
- Created and troubleshooted Kubernetes YAML files to deploy SCM CI/CD applications automatically and Idempotently to reduce time costs and used Kubernetes to deploy, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple name-spaced versions.
- Set up continuous delivery for the Pods by running Jenkins, Docker images, in Kubernetes. Developed a pipeline using Jenkins Pipeline to automate to push the PODs to the registry, and then deploying it in Kubernetes.
- Experienced in Bluegreen Deployment and Canary Deployment, Octopus Deployment in the production. Managed Kubernetes cluster in the rollback and rollouts methods in the deployment strategies. Integrated Istio and packages with Kubernetes clusters for the service mesh.
- Validated deployments in Kubernetes by establishing a local development workflow that used Minikube and Implemented Kubernetes interface by creating RESTful API's to read, delete, store and update bucket information on Kubernetes Console.
- Worked on ingress controller that provides reverse proxy, configurable traffic routing, and TLS termination for Kubernetes services. Kubernetes Ingress resources are used to configure the ingress rules and routes for individual Kubernetes services.
- Virtualized the servers on Azure using the Docker, create the Docker files and version control to achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Created cloud modules for interacting with Azure services which provides the tools to easily create and orchestrate infrastructure on Azure using Ansible Playbooks and Roles and automated cloud-native applications in Azure using Azure microservices such as azure functions and Kubernetes.
- Provisioned the high availability of Azure VMs using Terraform and ARM templates, wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform and involved in using Terraform to migrate legacy and monolithic systems to Azure.
- Written Templates for Azure Infrastructure as code using Terraform to build staging and production environments. Integrated Azure Log Analytics with Azure VMs for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics and used Terraform as a tool, Managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware , and Docker containers.
- Worked on Azure Fabric, Microservices, IoT & Docker containers in Azure and involved in setting up Terraform continuous build integration system. Used Azure Internal Load Balancer to provide high availability for IaaS VMs & PaaS role instances.
- Developed and maintained Perl/Shell scripts for build and release tasks. Integrated Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process. Build Java code and .NET code on to different Jenkins servers as per the schedule.
- Integrated JaCoCo with Jenkins for code coverage analysis in Java VM based environments.
- Worked on setting up Jenkins as a service inside the Kubernetes cluster to reduce the failover downtime to minutes and to automate the Docker containers deployment without using configuration management tool.
- Provided POC's to provision the AWS infrastructure and configure using Ansible playbooks which includes checking the health status, installing security patches, monitoring and gathering facts about the ec2-instances, elastic load balancers, S3, auto scaling groups and other AWS resources .
- Written Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of Azure Nodes and Test Playbooks on Azure instances using Python SDK and Automated various infrastructure activities like continuous deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks.
- Integrated Ansible with Jenkins to provide Automation, Continuous Integration through Jenkins managed nodes over SSH/Power shell using Ansible. Implemented and designed Azure virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment of web applications. Worked with multiple development teams to resolve issues.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with VSTS on AZURE.
- Created required reliable architectures and end-to-end migration plan for migrating Linux/Windows servers along with web applications into AWS cloud platform using services as IPSec tunnel, VPN gateway, Customer Gateway and Data Pipeline.
- Monitored AWS cloud resources and the applications that deployed on AWS by creating new alarm, enable notification service using Cloud Watch. Log and event forwarding using (System logs, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, AWS Config), aggregation to Splunk.
- Worked with AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates. Utilize AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups. Deployed Elasticsearch with 10 nodes cluster in AWS environment for client applications.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Deployed infrastructure on AWS utilizing as EC2 (Virtual Servers in the Cloud), RDS (Managed Relational Database Service), VPC and Managed Network and Security, Route 53, Direct Connect, CloudFormation, IAM, AWS S3, AWS Ropeworks (Automate operations), Glacier (Storage in the cloud) and Cloud Watch Monitoring Management.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Groups in Public and Private Subnets in VPC Managed IAM accounts (with MFA) and IAM policies to meet security audit & compliance requirements and worked as Admin. Policies on the IAM Role based polices customizing the YAML CloudFormation templates.
- Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation and Terraform Templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker, which was setup in Vagrant, AWS logs to Elastic Search and Kibana , and VPCs. Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, Node.js, Python and Ruby on familiar servers like Apache, Nginx, Tomcat.
- Developed Shell/ Python scripts to automate the troubleshooting on AWS platform based on the alerts provided by the AWS SNS. Creating, Automating and Managing the firewall rules NSG in AWS in the process of maintaining the security standards in the cloud environment.
- Implemented automation workflow to support microservice application running on AWS Elastic Beanstalk which utilizes Lambda, S3, ECR deployed using IaC with Terraform modules and also have experience in Converting existing AWS Infrastructure to Serverless architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis), deploying via Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Automated Datalog Dashboards with the stack through Terraform Scripts. Configured CloudWatch and Datadog to monitor real-time granular metrics of all the AWS Services.
- Integrated Terraform into current software release process to help provision AWS resources and deployments of artifacts and services. Wrote automation scripts for creating resources in OpenStack Cloud using Python and terraform modules. Created and managed Cinder volumes in OpenStack Cloud.
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers. Implemented AWS Code Pipeline and Created Cloud formation JSON templates in Terraform for infrastructure as code.
- Automate AWS infrastructure through infrastructure as code by writing various Terraform modules, scripts by creating AWS IAM users, groups, roles, policies, custom policies, AWS Glue, Crawlers, Redshift clusters, snapshots of clusters, EC2, S3 buckets
- Managed different infrastructure resources, like physical machines, VMs and even Docker containers using Terraform It supports different Cloud service providers like AWS and Digital Ocean.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing Terraform code and administered/engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Builds and integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, SonarQube, Chef.
- Wrote CI/CD pipeline in Groovy scripts to enable end to end setup of build & deployment using Jenkins. Integrated Jenkins with Hashi Corp Packer and Vagrant files for creating the test environments which includes same configurations of our Prod, Non-prod environments do.
- Responsible for User Management, Plugin Management and End-to-End automation of Build and Deployment process using Jenkins.
- Worked on the Nagios core monitoring tool for alerting the servers, switching, and send data via the network through specific plugins. Performed activities using Nagios both on Linux and Windows systems.
- Executed the automation from commit to deployment by implementing a CICD pipeline with the help of Jenkins and Chef.
- Worked with various components of Chef including Chef Server, workstations, Nodes, configurations of chef-client and written cookbooks and recipes for Chef and assigning roles to nodes.
- Developed multiple Chef Cookbooks from scratch and implemented automation with Vagrant, Chef on AWS for application testing, deployment, and development.
- Hands-on experience in creation of the custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images and Docker consoles for managing the application of life cycle. Implemented Docker-Maven plugin and Maven POM to build Docker Images for all microservices.
- Used ECS (Elastic Container Service) to deploy Confidential EC2 and AWS Fargate with Spot and On-Demand instances whenever required and provides high security and reliability.
- Configured cluster operations in AWS Kubernetes (EKS) to deploy microservices with CI/CD system and used Kubernetes cluster to scale up operations of clusters, maintain the cluster services, load balancing, network policies, group Docker containers across different platform.
- Implemented a Kubernetes Container Orchestration solution within AWS leveraging KOPS, which allows easy management creation and recovery of AWS assets.
- Used Docker and Vagrant for managing development environments through creation of Linux virtual containers. Developing Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines distributed Jenkins, Selenium and JMeter images, and Elastic Search, Kibana and Log stash (ELK & EFK).
- Implemented Blue/Green Deployments with Zero downtime where the current environment is replicated to latest version with Kubernetes to resolve the Bug fixes and redirect the traffic to it once the issues are resolved.
- Delivered architecture designs and solutions for public, private, and Hybrid clouds covering the cloud architecture tiers and portfolios of cloud services for a team, implemented Software Release Management strategies, implemented software builds using different tools like GIT, Bitbucket, ANT, Jenkins, Nexus, and Artifactory.
- Migrated out core repository from SUBVERSION to GIT. In this process, I was involved in individually migrating all the codebase from subversion to GIT ensuring that the health of our builds is not affected. Performed high-level merges of branches, codebases.
- Created and maintained continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) using tools Jenkins/Bamboo over different environments to facilitate an agile development process which is automated enabling teams to safely deploy code repeatedly.
- Worked on update and merge password authentication issues in Jenkins and Jira is involved in implementing Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira, Jenkins) especially for the issue tracking application (Jira).
- Connected continuous integration system with the GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in’s come from the developer. Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process. Used both GIT and BIT bucket source control systems to manage code.
- Experience in writing Ansible playbooks for installing WebLogic and WebSphere application and Managed Nexus Artifactory repositories to store EAR, WAR, JAR snapshots and dependencies.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Worked on Setting up puppet master, client and wrote scripts to deploy applications on Dev, QA, production environment.
- Development of Puppet modules with Jenkins for continues integration and continues deployment of managed products, and related services.
- Participating in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet. Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure agents.
- Redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting on Linux/UNIX platform, and created NFS Mount Points on Red hat Linux, Solaris .
- Created and modified application related objects, created Profiles, users, roles, and maintained system security. Monitored Linux server for CPU Utilization, Memory Utilization, and Disk Utilization for performance monitoring.
- Installed, upgraded, and configured Red Hat Linux using the kick-start installation and managed, administrated all UNIX servers, includes Linux operating systems by applying relative patches and packages at regular maintenance periods using Red Hat Satellite server, YUM, RPM tools.
- Experienced in the installation and configuration of Volume Management and file system through Veritas Volume Manager (VVM) and Logical Volume Manager (LVM) and file system tasks like the creation of a logical volume and file systems (ext2, ext3, ext4), mounting and unmounting files, modifying in Linux.
- Debugged network connectivity issues and involved in troubleshooting activities with commands ping, traceroute, tcpdump, nslookup, netstat, iostat, top.
- Implemented NFS, AutoFS, FTP, DNS, DHCP for administrative and project requirements as well SAMBA server for windows and Linux connectivity.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Created post commit and pre-push hooks using Python in SVN and GIT repos. Setting up the SVN and GIT repos for Jenkins to build jobs