- Senior RF engineer with Over 13 years hands - on experience in performance and design.
- Strong understanding of RF propagation models, Antenna theories, cellular technology, LTE-A and 5-G Massive MIMO.
- Experience in Planning, Designing and Optimization of Macro cell, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, 802.11a Wi-Fi and Public safety, Using platform XCAL, XCAL-MO, WINDCATCHER, IBWAVE, ATOLL.
- Telecommunication Project Management and Project coordination experience from start up to turnkey.
- LTE RAN Parameter configuration, BTS commissioning and integration, testing and troubleshooting, NOC support
- Knowledge of, CBRS, VOLTE and 5G architecture.
- RF equipment used PCtel Scanner, Spectrum analyzer. Anritsu, JDSU
- RF Testing. Benchmark Testing, carrier Optimization testing, PIMP test, sweep test, OTDR, fiber testing, Interference mitigation, CW testing, spectrum clearance, Baseline testing, Acceptance testing.
RF DAS Engineer/Account Manager
- Monitor and Provide technical support and maintenance to over 20 company DAS accounts while keeping a healthy relationships our clients, wireless service providers and OEM vendors.
- Perform Commissioning and ATP for over 65 DAS venues for various OEM vendors
- Design public safety solutions and also perform Acceptance testing for PS OUC for both passive and active (fiber optic) designs across the VHF, UHF and 700/800 MHz bands.
- Work closely with cross functional team, sales, finance and engineering
- Responds to RFP to acquire new contract opportunities. while also responsible for Budgetary/ROM quotes and final proposals for delivery to customers and prospects.
- Coordinate, plan and execute projects according to planned budget. Acquiring materials, resources, and coordinating the efforts of team, contractors and consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan
- Completion of iDAS and oDAS system design and planning to meet coverage requirements for OUC Public Safety DAS
- Use iBwave and other design tools to develop detailed system designs. Including development of schematics, propagation model, floor plans and BOM.
- Perform Carrier-specific and/or Neutral Host Designs to meet KPIs. Link Budgets for multiple technologies/frequencies, calculating noise figures, and calculating inter modulation products.
- Perform standard Design tasks of RF design link budget analysis, 3D modeling in iBwave,
- NOC support and troubleshoot multiple performance issues and closing trouble ticket. Coordinate with field technicians for field data gathering and installation of equipment necessary.
- Coordinate and create test plan and analyze reports for CW testing, Grid test, BenchMark testing, Antenna verification.
- Post process all data collected and develop recommendation for system optimization and performance improvement.
RF performance Engineer
- Work closely with customer regarding system design, performance, optimization, and recommending configuration changes as needed
- Perform Site walk at new candidate location to verify viability for small cells deployment
- Interface with fiber construction team and desktop design team to facilitate the selection of viable candidates.
- Configure, commission, test and optimize IBS solutions
- Participate in solution designs and proposals as needed
- Conduct field work and measurements
- Operate test equipment and run post processing software
- Provide planning, coordination as well as testing including CW, benchmark, and optimization
- Should know the use of measures to confirm system designs including test equipment, power density and power meter, spectrum analyzer and pilot scanner
- RF testing, reporting, and troubleshooting
- Able to perform ongoing system testing, test analysis, troubleshooting, test reports and recommendation for changes and upgrades
- Perform the PIM & Sweep testing using Anritsu or similar analyzer.
- Lead a drive-test team in the field to collect CW (continuous wave) path-loss data.
- Perform the installation of the BTS equipment such as RRU’s and the Base Band Units (BBUs).
RF DAS Design lead Engineer
- Planning and designing cellular/Wifi/public safety DAS for AA owned buildings
- Coordinate all cellular site surveys, Spectrum clearing and Baseline testing, benchmark testing and, CW testing integrate all measurements results with PCTEL Seehawk Touch for proper planning and dimensioning
- Utilize Ibwave Platform for Planning and Designing new IBS in AA airport and office buildings, also upgrading old DAS with new Carriers, frequencies bands and technology to enhance end user QoS.
- Reviews IBwave designs Project from contractors for accuracy and compliancy and recommend approval if system is design to meet desired coverage objectives.
- Produce logical Ibwave design diagrams, construction ready documents, 3D modelling, floor plan design and Also create BOM.
- Apply Best practice technics in Capacity dimensioning, lte user profiling, cell sectorization, calculating total carried data traffic, composite call blockage and duty cycle.
- Use client tool (Net motion Diagnostics) to Monitor and manage network connectivity status for all AA airport hubs and responds to incident by opening trouble tickets with Stratix to analyze, troubleshoot and perform systems diagnostics.
- Validate COP (Closeout Package) verifying System performance to design criteria and also validate KPI compliancy for acceptance.
- Setting up design requirements and target areas for coverage.
- Use calibrated models for increase design accuracy
- Integrate CW testing with design tool to optimize prediction model, validate preliminary designs, optimize antenna locations and simulate soft handoffs.
- Daily interface and communication with field engineers, OEM vendors, contractors, Construction leads, and DAS owners to ensure proper coordination and information flow throughout all phases of the project.
- Optimize, Operate and maintain the DAS through Network troubleshooting, interference management, Network Benchmarking and Optimization testing.
- Coordinate Planning, design and optimization of Macro using Atoll, Small cells and IBS using, Ibwave, Platform.
- Employ best practice in collecting Site measurements, 3D modeling, Handoff management, Macro coverage management, Sectorization, Passive intermodulation and capacity dimensioning.
- Responsible for Managing and coordinating all Project work flow in the IB DAS lifecycle, considering major timelines and budget resources to meet on schedule turnkey deliveries.
- Analyze Drive test data for parameter Opto using Windcatcher and Xcal MO.
- Involve in Higher Technical Decision making process such as validating design margins and approving material purchase orders and BOM.
- Deliver quality indoor RF design by selecting optimum solution considering technology, antenna selection, building layout and affect to macro network
- Produce predictions and simulations, and calculate Coverage & Capacity design KPIs using iBwave
- Support RF Performance Engineers with parameters changes, and clearing alarms to achieve the network performance objectives
- Remotely assist field installation teams in the commissioning / test and turn-up of new site builds as well as augmenting operational systems and Escalate client problems according to established procedures.
- Perform RF design link budget analysis, Perform 3D modeling in iBwave and also Debugging and troubleshooting errors in IBwave designs.
- Plan and prioritize multiple work assignments, Prepare, report, review test results/Methods of Procedure (MOP) documentation.
- Network verification As built, Capture and document design changes, generate Close Out Packages to insure reliable site documentation is made available.
- Performance Validation: Perform data collection walk to validate network performance in line with design, present compliancy report and Ensure KPIs meet design criteria on all level..
- Calculate link budgets to evaluate system performance and reliability based on received signal level and fade margin.
- Analyze propagation modeling and drive test measurements and make recommendations for site optimization.
- Use Ibwave mobile note to digitized site survey notes for saving in deployment time
- Accurate needs assessment and requirement gathering for preliminary design input