Cloud DevOps Engineer with over 7+ years of experience in the development and implementation of architectural solutions, seeks an opportunity to utilize the best of skills, expertise and insight to elevate any Enterprise Application Architecture or Data Operation, for successful growth as an active participant in an ongoing business process.
- IT Professional with experience in Automation, Migration, Configuration and Administration of the Enterprise Infrastructure with diversified exposure in Software Process Engineering, Designing, Building and Release of various applications.
- Work with cross - functional teams to lead the effort to change in architecture processes, strategies and standards for DevOps perspective.
- Experience in migration and building-out infrastructure on Cloud with AWS and VMware.
- Serve as solutions architect to provide technical expertise to facilitate development for micro- services based on integration design patterns and best practices with Container Orchestration Platform like Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- Experience with monitoring tools (DynaTrace, NewRelic, Splunk, ELK etc.)
- Experience in Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Build and configured a virtual data center in the AWS Cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including the Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route tables and Elastic Load Balancer (ELB).
- Lead migration of the Web Applications and Mobile Applications with the Phase Strategy provided by AWS.
- Created/configured policies for access control and user profiles using AWS IAM, S3 bucket policies and Coded access levels via AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) such as creating users, groups, organizing IAM users to groups and assigning roles to groups.
- Delivered solutions to improve Cloud architecture, deployment for AWS Private and Public Cloud.
- Worked on virtualization of servers via AWS Lambda, AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
- Automated the services with the AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Configured the core AWS services such as setting up new EC2 instances, Elastic IP and auto- scaling.
- AWS Cloud Administration with the services EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, CloudFront, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Ops Work, Security Groups.
- Manage and Create Storage Account and Affinity Group in Azure Portal.
- Worked on Configuration of Internal load balancer, load balanced sets and Azure Traffic manager.
- Deployed and designed pipelines through Azure data factory and debugged the process for errors.
- Manage different AZURE environment for provisioning of Linux servers and services executed by the providers.
- Hands on experience in Azure Development, worked on Azure web application, App services, Azure storage, Azure SQL Database, Virtual machines, Fabric controller, Azure AD, Azure search, and notification hub.
- Experience on various Azure services like Compute (Web Roles, Worker Roles), Azure Websites, Caching, SQL Azure, NoSQL, Storage, Network services, Azure Active Directory, API Management, Scheduling, Auto Scaling, and Power Shell Automation.
- Used Configuration management tool ansible and created playbooks to automate system operations and developed playbooks to automate the package installation, web server and instance configuration.
- Installed and configured Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using chef. Defined Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes. Developed Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to manage systems configuration.
- Using Chef deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and CloudWatch.
- Automation of cluster orchestration using ansible and puppet.
- Implemented Jenkins for continuous integration of the builds and automate the deployment of application using Chef.
- Managed all phases of build and release activities as well as developed build scripts in ANT, Maven, NPM and Gradle to implement them.
- Used SonarQube for the code coverage and nexus/artifactory repository manager for dependency management.
- Provided application build coordination to development teams while working closely with development team and Release Coordinator to define build and deployment requirements.
- Lead the effort to migrate the source code among version control systems and implemented branching and merging strategies suitable for applications and rollback strategies.
- Set Upstream and Downstream jobs in Jenkins and created CI/CD pipeline.
- Build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Shell scripting (Bash), Python.
- Configured the Shell scripts in GIT hooks to send push notifications, trigger builds, tag branches on changes pushed to the remote branch.
- Automated the release management and deployment process of the application with the Shell scripts.
- Scheduled Cron Jobs to run the batch interface for the SQL scripts on the Database and trigger reports with results accordingly.
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Python, Groovy.
Operating System: MS Windows |Linux |Unix |Red Hat |Ubuntu |CentOS
Cloud/Virtualization: AWS | Azure |VMware Cloud |Kubernetes |OpenShift |Docker
Build Tools: ANT |Maven |Gradle |Grunt
Configuration Management: Ansible |Chef |Puppet
Continuous Integration: Jenkins |Bamboo
Version Control System: SVN |GIT |CodeCommit |Stash |Perforce |Bitbucket
Scripts: Shell | Groovy | Python
Repository Manager: Artifactory |Nexus
Database: MySQL |MongoDB |MariaDB |PostgreSQL |NoSQL
Tracking Tools: JIRA |Jazz
Monitoring tools: Splunk | NewRelic | ELK | DynaTrace
Confidential, Middletown, NJ
- Developing the CDP templates for all the projects by using Jenkins Pipeline, Docker, TOX, Groovy script, Maven for application development teams to maintain the consistency across the organization.
- Developing microservices onboarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Integrating the SonarQube to Jenkins pipeline to get the code coverage for different framework projects like Java, Python, NodeJs, AngularJS across the organization.
- Developing the custom Docker images based on the ONAP project requirements and maintaining those project-specific artifacts in the Maven Central Repository.
- Automate the End to End Continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery pipeline which included building a Continuous Integration server utilizing tools like Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, Jira, Git, and SonarQube.
- Setup code repositories like SVN, GIT, and TFS and managed plugins for Jenkins for scheduled automatic checkout of code.
- Work with other developers to resolve the deployment issues for Docker and Kubernetes blueprints on Cloudify manager, console and Kubeenetes cluster.
- Developing the docker compose files to orchestrate multiple containers that work together and configure all of the application's service dependencies (databases, ports, networks, web service APIs, etc.)
- Migrating the MOD application to Microsoft Azure cloud environment and also developing the Azure DevOps pipelines to automate our application builds.
- Developing the bash/PowerShell scripts to automate the database setup and data backup to code cloud procedures.
- Support developers on ongoing issues in development process and infrastructure along with any issues related to CI/CD process for web application.
- Involved in creation of virtual machines and infrastructure in the Azure Cloud environment.
- Utilized Kubernetes service to deploy a managed Kubernetes cluster in Azure and created an AKS cluster in the Azure portal.
- Building and Installing servers through Azure Resource Manager Templates or Azure Portal.
- Migrated moderate workloads from on premise to Azure laaS. Published web services APIs using Azure API management service.
- Major focus on Configuration, SCM, Build/Release Management, Infrastructure as a code (IAC) and as Azure DevOps operations Production and cross platform environments.
- Implement the best practices for DevOps methodology and Agile project management.
Environment: Jenkins, Jenkins Pipelines, Maven, Microsoft Azure, Azure DevOps, Azure Portal, AKS cluster, TFS, JIRA, Nexus, Git, ELK, Splunk, SonarQube, Shell, bash, Groovy, ANT, Docker, Python, Kubernetes, Docker, Ubuntu.
Confidential, Carry, NC
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Migration of web applications and services that are hosted on multiple servers and platforms to AWS.
- Managing major architecture changes from single server large software system to a distributed system with Docker and Kubernetes orchestration.
- Assist with creating cloud migration strategies; defining delivery architecture, creating the migration plans, designing the orchestration plans, and more.
- Designed / developed distributed private cloud system solution using Kubernetes Docker on CoreOS.
- Use troubleshooting skills and work closely with operations, support, engineering and/or other functions to ensure successful migrations.
- Used kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace ID.
- Used Helm charts for continuous delivery in kubernetes and created templates, persistent volume claims in kubernetes.
- Developed Terraform scripts to create the AWS resources such as EC2, Auto Scaling Groups, ELB, Route53, S3, SNS and Cloud Watch Alarms.
- Developed playbooks to configure AWS resources leveraging cloud formation templates to deploy the applications stacks using Ansible.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks quickly deploys critical applications and proactively manages change.
- Worked with AWS Lambda using Python to automate resource creation, perform compliance checks and cost optimization.
- Constructed S3 lifecycle of Applications & Database logs, which includes deleting old logs, archiving logs based on the retention policy and granting rights to authorized users.
- Worked closely with architect in creating VPC, subnets and security groups.
- Responsible for creation of CI/CD environment (Jenkins) from scratch and documented the architecture of it.
- Support developers on ongoing issues in development process and infrastructure along with any issues related to CI/CD process for web application.
- Responsible for setting up the rules for CI/CD platform. Used Jenkins XL and ansible for continuous delivery pipeline.
- Worked with monitoring tools like datadog for infrastructure monitoring and DynaTrace for APM, Splunk & ELK stacks for log monitoring.
- Responsible for installing and administrating the SonarQube for code quality check and Nexus repository and generating reports for different projects. Also, integrated them into Jenkins.
- Helped to understand the process of SonarQube through Presentations and other business value measurement.
- Worked with Apache Tomcat server 6.x, 7.x installation and configurations.
- Worked extensively with Haproxy, for Loadbalancing and HA setup, and installing, troubleshooting SSL s for secure communication.
Environment: Jenkins, Maven, Amazon Web Services, Ansible, JIRA, Nexus, Git, VPC, IAM, Load Balancer, EC2, Route53, RDS, ELK, Splunk, SonarQube, Lambda, Shell, bash, ANT, Docker, Python, Kubernetes, Vagrant, Red Hat, Ubuntu.
Confidential, Melville, NY
- Experience in supporting large environments using configuration management tools like Ansible and Puppet supporting Environment with 500+ servers and involved in developing manifests.
- Worked on the release automation of different enterprise applications with 4 environments (DEV, QA, UAT, & PROD)
- Worked on Automation Build and Deployment Plans in Bamboo for production and non-production environments.
- Continuous Delivery setups with Puppet by creating manifest and maintain templates for different environments. Migration of shell scripts into Puppet Manifests.
- Experience in developing Puppet modules (blueprints) for installation, configuration and continuous integration (CI) using combination of Puppet master, GIT, and Bamboo.
- Took the code base from 0 test code coverage to > 85 code coverage using RSpec and Cucumber, allowing us to confidently deploy to production multiple times a day.
- Utilize Cloud formation and Puppet by creating DevOps processes for consistent and reliable deployment methodology.
- Using AWS console and API Integration with Puppet Code, we managed Amazon Web Services like EC2, RDS, ELB, Auto scaling, bit bucket, AMI, IAM.
- Created various Groups, Policies, Roles and IAM Users and assigned them to concerned departments.
- Launched various EC2 Instances, RDS Instances and VPC's needed, according to the Infrastructure in the Cloud Formation Template.
- Mirroring third party libraries and publish the generated artifacts to Archiva repository manager.
- Participated in writing various Pre-bash scripts, which eliminates manual key generation occurring while building Amazon Web Services.
- Migrated VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, ELB, EBS Etc.
- Converted and automated builds using Gradle. Scheduled automated daily & hourly builds and configure Bamboo to poll the repository for source code changes.
- The operation and support of Openshift Enterprise and Docker Cloud services.
- Developed Proof of Concept for OpenShift implementation for data science operations.
- Used OpenShift for container orchestration and scaling of the applications.
- Created Continuous integration using S2I tool in OpenShift and integrating Jenkins with OAuth plugins.
- Worked on setting up Splunk to capture and analyze data from various layers such as Load Balancers, Web servers and application servers.
- Prepared, arranged and tested Splunk search strings and operational strings. Created and configured management reports and dashboards.
- Monitor the UAT/Production and performance environments for any down time issues.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Bash, PowerShell.
- Worked on both Windows and Linux based servers hosted in AWS.
- Authored custom Puppet modules for managing the full application stack (JBoss/Httpd/MySQL/Java)
- Installation of Jboss Application servers and tuned them.
- Monitor the current health of the apps and create alerts about escalating conditions before they affect the users using New relic.
- Developed BASH scripts to deploy WAR, JAR & EAR files to environments trough Bamboo.
- Managing Red Hat and Windows systems with Puppet in a secure, controlled environment.
- Authored Puppet Manifest files to deploy automated tasks to many servers Confidential once.
- Configure the load balancer on apache front using mod proxy & mod proxy ajp protocols.
- Troubleshooting issues in App/Web servers in all environments.
- Set Up the infrastructure (App & Web servers) for the code from scratch.
Environment: Jenkins, Amazon Web Services, Openshift, Chef, Puppet, JIRA, Maven, Bamboo, Nexus, Subversion, Git, VPC, IAM, S3 Bucket, ELB, EC2, RDS, NewRelic, Lambda, Load Balancer, Shell, Bash, ANT, Docker, Python, Splunk, VMware, Vagrant, Virtual Box, Red Hat, Ubuntu.
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
- Worked on maintaining the application integration files in SVN and GIT.
- Worked on creating the configurations in WebLogic Cluster and setup the application servers for deployment.
- Built scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to deploy J2EE applications to Application servers from one environment to other environments.
- Setup the build pipelines using Jenkins for release automation of 40+ JAVA based applications to Tomcat and WebLogic environments.
- Worked in setting up the rewrite rules Confidential the apache level and security realms Confidential the tomcat/WebLogic application servers.
- Created Jenkins pipelines involving several Downstream/Upstream job configurations based on dependencies from other applications & based on Release methodologies.
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable deployments to company production and non-production environments using JENKINS & BUILD Pipelines, ANT, MAVEN, XCODE, Shell.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) using ANT Scripts and Jenkins.
- Experience with Setting up Chef Infrastructure, Chef-repo and Bootstrapping chef nodes.
- Created various cookbooks and customized some Chef-Supermarket cookbooks.
- Experience in maintaining, executing, and scheduling build scripts to automate DEV/QA/UAT builds.
- Designing and implementing for fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment By Using DevOps Technologies like Chef, Puppet.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to WebLogic server using Jenkins builds.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT, Stash Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Involved in leading Automation Deployment Team by working with Puppet.
- Setting up puppet master, puppet agents for managing enterprise policies, configurations.
- Working with Modules, Classes, Manifests in Puppet.
- Experience in writing complex cookbooks, recipes and configure them by applying node convergence on various production nodes.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Tortoise SVN and implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance Automated SQL Scripts.
- Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relations between Projects.
- Provided end-user s for all Tortoise SVN, JIRA.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Documented the entire build and release engineering process and provided on call support.
Environment: Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, JIRA, Subversion, Git, RDS, ELK, Shell, bash, Perl, ANT, Maven, Python, Splunk, VMware, Vagrant, Virtual Box, Red Hat, Ubuntu.
Build & Release Engineer
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on Unix platform.
- Worked on variety of Linux platforms Red Hat Linux, Solaris which includes installation, configuring and maintenance of applications on this environment.
- Uses both Graphical User interface (GUI) and terminal for Linux commands.
- Build servers using Kickstart, Red Hat Satellite Server, and VSphere Client.
- Implemented automations tools Chef and Puppet.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Creating new jobs in Jenkins for build and deployment purpose.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using SVN version control tools.
- Implemented Bash, Python scripting.
- Updating patches to keep servers updated against bugs present in the operating system using Red Hat Server, yum, etc.
- Worked with Subject Matter Expert to Build and Release Management methodologies, hands-on experience creating and managing the various development and build platforms, and deployment strategies.
- Builds and deploys J2EE application in Web Sphere.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts if any during the merge in Subversion.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts and execute different scripts for different environments.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Created analytical matrices reports for release services based on Remedy tickets.
- Trained new team members and responsible for knowledge transfer.
- Performed weekly and on-call deployments of application codes to production environments.
Environment: Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, JIRA, Nexus, Subversion, SVN, bash, Python, ANT, Maven, Web Sphere, VMware, Vagrant, Virtual Box, Red Hat, Kickstart, Vsphere, Yum.