- Self - motivated, results-driven IT professional with twenty years of extensive experience in telecommunication programs, projects and support systems. Skilled at implementing and managing varied methodologies and telephony platforms. A demonstrated ability to lead and motivate through effective cooperative teamwork and team-building garnered to ensure the overall mission and success of the company.
- Cisco Collaboration
- Legacy Voice Platforms
- Project Management
- Pre/Post Sales Engineering
- VMware Network & Virtualization
- Service Management
Sr. Network Engineer
- Lead Engineer/Analyst for the migration of legacy Avaya Definity ECS and Verizon ISDN Centrex service to Cisco Collaboration Solution.
- Responsible for processing help desk ticket related to existing system, troubleshooting and maintain system integrity.
- Plans, designs, modifies, develops, implements and monitors the telecommunication systems and networks to assure effective control, flexibility and economy of operations.
- Performs systems analysis and evaluation to assure technical compatibility of proposed new services and associated equipment with existing systems
- Technical liaison and collaborate with engineers of commercial communication companies and manufacturers to keep abreast of new and improved developments in the telecommunications field.
- Develop detailed plans, proposals and negotiation with department management, service providers, contractors and equipment vendors.
- Develops specifications and provides technical evaluation of proposals for new equipment and systems.
- Develops and initiates standard operating procedures and methods of Telecommunications system.
Technology Platforms: Cisco Collaboration BE7000 12.0, Unity Connection 12.0, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express 12.0, Jabber, IM & Presence: Video Conferencing & Collaboration - Cloud Based WebEx Meeting & Teams, Skype, Zoom: Voice Protocol: SIP, H323, SCCP, MGCP: Service Provider ISP - IntelePeer, JIVE Communication Hosted VoIP, Comcast Internet/Voice: Trunks: SIP, ISDN PRI, ISDN Centrex: Voice Gateway: Cisco Uniifed Border Element: UCS 240: VMware 6.5 vSphere, ESXi
Sr. Voice Engineer
- Provide Pre-Post sales engineering support for assigned regional sales team.
- Provide design and engineering for Cisco Collaboration (Unified Communications, Contact Center, Endpoints), Data Center Solutions (Cisco, VMware, NetApps) and Video Solutions (Cisco, Extron) for projects and proposals.
- Assist Project Managers and Sales with Request for information and Proposal responses.
- Effectively analyze customer’s system and determine best solution for client requirements.
- Support multiple clients’ government and State projects for selection, implementation and migration for new Collaboration systems or traditional PBX migration to Cisco Unified Communications product suite service offerings.
- Initiated meetings with customers to discuss system design, requirements and expectations.
- Listen and observe sales activities to understand the customer needs, asks appropriate questions. Provide in-depth technical expertise on specific platforms and applications supporting solution architecture.
- Review design documents and contribute to the development of customer solutions.
- Create and review Statement of Work (SOW), Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW), Level of Effort (LOE) and Project plan utilizing Microsoft Project to compile Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), submit work requests and validate scope and tactical project requirements.
- Participate in joint technology design sessions, providing technical analysis on implementation sequencing and complex projects with aggressive time frames and budget parameters.
- Perform assigned engagement activities as directed, Install, configure and test hardware and applications based on design specification, client environment and solution topology.
Technology Platforms: Cisco CUCM and CUCME 10.5/11.5, BE4000/6000, Unity Connection 10.5/11.5, Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise & Express 10.5/11.5,. Voice Protocol: MGCP,H.323, SIP, SCCP, T.38, ISDN PRI: ISR Voice Gateway: MCS 3900 series, 2900, 4400 series, VG350/224, UCS 210/240: VMware 5.5/6.5 vSphere, ESXi: and Nexus 2K, 5K and 7K, Catalyst 4500
Sr. Voice Engineer
- Participate with the telecommunications team in the design, installation, configuration, on Voice Modernization project
- Plan, design, implement, and support the voice infrastructure.
- Managed and implemented technology to ensure that corporate telecommunication infrastructure, network and phone systems meet acceptable uptime, performance and capacity requirements.
- Analyzed exiting voice and data networks and recommended solutions.
- Configure and test voice infrastructure to adhere to company standards and proof of concepts.
- Evaluated and selected vendor for implementation of selected platform and review Billing of Material and Cisco CUWL.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and monitoring of legacy Avaya/Nortel communication system.
- Assists in evaluation of new voice products and Platform improvement.
- Design, implementation and support for Nortel Symposium & Cisco UCCX Contact Center
- Design, implement and upgrade distributed Nortel CS1K and Call Pilot.
- Traveled to regional offices to resolve technical telecommunication equipment problems.
Technology Platforms: Nortel: CS1K 1000M/1000E, Call Pilot, Symposium/Contact Center, Element Manager, NRS. Cisco: CUCM 9.X, Unity Connection 9.X, UCCX 9.X, Unified Presence 9.X, CER, CUBE. Voice Protocol: H.323, SIP, SCCP, T.38, TDM. ISR Voice Gateway: 3945/3925, 2911, VG350/224. VMware vSphere ESXi, UCS 210/240, Nice NTR, Wireshark, Netflow