SAN Administrator with extensive experience in the maintenance of storage hardware, solving technical issues, handling restore operations and optimizing storage systems.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
EMC Storage Troubleshooting Cisco MDS HP Storage NetApp OCI Disaster Recovery
SUN SPARC: Enterprise class servers, UNIX, AIX, HP - UX, Linux, ESX
Wintel: HP DL380 G series & DL585 G Series, C Class Blade servers
Storage: EMC VMAX, VNX HP 3PAR, 9500, Hitachi Tagmastore USPV, USP
SAN: CISCO MDS, Brocade, McData
Operating Systems: Windows 2k/2003, Sun Solaris 8, 9 & 10, AIX 5.2 & 5.3, HP-UX 11.x, VMware
Storage Software: EMC Unisphere, NaviSphere, HP 3PAR StoreServ Management Console, SRDF, NetApp OnCommand Insight, Storage Navigator, Hitachi Command Suite, Brocade Network Analyzer, Data Center Network Manager, Fabric Mgr, Commvault
CRM/Ticketing Systems: HP Service Manager, Remedy ARS, BMC
SAN Storage Administrator
- Responsible for supporting Tier 1 & Tier 2 EMC and HP 3PAR storage arrays.
- Providing day to day support monitoring VMAX, VNX, HP 3PAR storage arrays and CISCO SAN switches to ensure the environment is stable.
- Work with application and server groups for storage provisioning on AIX, Linux, VMware and Windows servers.
- Provide EMC SRDF replication and HP Storage Replication/Mirrors administration for Disaster Recovery efforts.
- Troubleshoot hardware issues on Storage Environment and co-ordinate with multiple team as a single point of contact to resolve break/fix issues.
Confidential, Raritan, NJ
SAN Storage Administrator
- Managed daily operations of the Storage Area Network with an emphasis on the infrastructure supporting specific corporate applications.
- Maintained a stable, predictable, and scalable Storage environment to protect business critical data.
- Worked closely with GDC Operations to maintain current infrastructure with required new releases.
- Responded to failure and alert event notifications 24x7 to ensure capacity demands.
- Monitored performance and SAN connectivity to ensure availability and prepares, schedules, documents storage assignments w/ System Administrators, related infrastructure teams, management staff through a regulatory change management system and other documentation.
- Oversaw and remediated SAN device/application (access, performance, and event) alerts to identify potential incidents. Escalated incidents to ensure capacity management, data storage integrity and performance service level objectives are met.
Confidential, Warren, NJ & New York, NY
Vice President | SAN Administrator
- Provided EMC and Hitachi SAN storage solutions for Confidential North America supporting multiple-operating systems running UNIX, AIX, Solaris, HP, Windows, Linux & VMware.
- Configured VSANs, Zones, CISCO MDS - Fabric Manager, Device Manager, Brocade Fabric Manager and CLI.
- Created LUN metas, mappings and SRDF pairings. Thick and thin LUN provisioning on V-MAX and Fast VP arrays.
- Provisioned Clariion storage with NaviSphere.
- Supported SAs in troubleshooting SAN issues such as initial storage configuration, path and storage failures.
- Worked on major storage migration projects for 111 Wall St (NY), Weehawken (NJ), Tampa (FL) and Silver Springs (MD).
- Participated in weekly meetings with PMO’s, SA’s and Business technical leads to ensure current and future projects met SLA’s for SAN storage.
Storage Integration | Vice President | System Analyst
- Analyzed servers to ensure storage requirements were met.
- Partnered with the TCRS (Technical Capacity Request System) development team to define SAN storage requirements through proof of concept/UAT testing.
- Performed BAU capacity planning and quarterly long term forecasting that enabled management to run reports to assess future needs.
- Reviewed projects requesting new and additional SAN storage submitted thought the TCRS system.
- Ensured storage amounts requested were justified based on facts/figures and not just random storage amounts.
- Reduced initial storage amounts requested as appropriate to drive efficiency and cost savings averaging about $1million per year.
- Team member on the Aperture work flow system that tracked status of new and existing SAN storage projects.
- Worked with compliance on audit, PCM and RCSA documentation.