- Skilled IT professional with 7+ years of experience as DevOps Engineer, Linux Administrator, Site Reliability Engineer and B uild & Release Engineer.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate - 2020. Verify here
- In depth understanding of cloud computing strategies SaaS, PaaS, IaaS solutions and skilled at Software development Life Cycles like Waterfall, Agile and Scrum programming methodologies.
- Set up GCP Firewall rules in order to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN (content delivery network) to deliver content from GCP cache locations drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Support GCP services before they go live through activities such as frameworks , capacity planning , and launch reviews .
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health on the GCP platform.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity .
- Hands-on experience in AWS provisioning & good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, ELB, RDS, Redshift, IAM, Route 53, VPC, Auto scaling, CloudFront, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation & Security Groups.
- Developed solutions to improve cloud architecture, deployments for AWS Private and public cloud.
- Creating CloudWatch alerts to log and CloudTrail to continuously monitor and retain account activity for instances and using them in Auto scaling group Launch Configurations.
- Automating the configuring of EC2 instances using AWS OpsWorks which treats the configurations of the server as code by using Chef Automate and OpsWorks Stacks.
- Deployment of web applications and services that are developed with a wide range of languages (Java, GoLang, Python, Ruby, Node.js and Docker) using AWS Elastic Beanstalk to handle capacity provisioning, load balancing, auto-scaling and application health monitoring.
- Created tagging standards for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS resources & configured Elastic Load Balancers & Auto Scaling groups to distribute the traffic & have a cost-efficient, fault tolerant & highly available environment.
- Monitor cloud asset utilization and proactively optimize configuration parameters based on utilization using Tableau .
- Version control and private git hosting using AWS CodeCommit that hosts secure Git-based repositories, it eliminates the need to scale the infrastructure and can be used to store any code in the form of binaries securely.
- Lambda function handler to route the data from the API Gateway to the appropriate use case using the Go SDK. Addressing the needs of creating a multi-cloud or hybrid-cloud environment. These Lambda functions are used to access the DynamoDB table.
- Worked on version control and source code tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) and used source code client tools like Bitbucket, GitLab, Git Bash, GitHub and Git GUI.
- Experience in setup and maintained Jenkins and Bamboo for continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Integrated Jenkins with tools like Git (Repository), Maven (Build tool), SonarQube (code verification), Nexus (Artifactory) and implementing CI/CD automation for creating Jenkins pipelines programmatically.
- Automated Weekly releases with ANT/Maven Scripting for compiling Java Code, Debugging and placing builds in Maven Repository.
- Hands on experience in Azure Development , worked on Azure web application , App services , Azure storage , Azure SQL Database , Virtual machines , Azure AD , AZURE search , and notification hub .
- Managed servers on AWS platform instances using Ansible and Chef, configuration management and wrote Ansible playbooks using YAML scripting and created inventory to automate the build and deployment process on servers using SSH connections and reduced overall processing time.
- Experience in setting up Puppet Master, Puppet Agents for managing enterprise policies & configurations that makes applications and systems easier to deploy.
- Deployed & configured Chef Server including bootstrapping of chef-client nodes for provisioning and managed Cookbooks, Recipes, attributes and templates.
- Installed and worked with Docker containerization to run software packages on the containers to improve Continuous Delivery framework and virtualized the servers using Docker for the development, test environment and performed configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Creating and deploying applications using OpenShift (built around docker containers) and orchestrated and managed with Kubernetes .
- Good knowledge in several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Compose, Docker Registry and used Kubernetes to automate deployments, management of applications running on multiple docker containers.
- Designed & deployed container-based production clusters using Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm and used Kubernetes to deploy, load balance & manage docker containers with multiple namespace versions.
- Monitored servers, applications by using shell/python scripts and used Splunk, Nagios to resolve infrastructure problems and worked on Nagios Event handlers to automatically restart failed services and applications.
- Hands-on experience on development of utilities using Python, Ruby scripting to automate processes and performed various day-to-day administration tasks.
- Experience in applying Testing methodologies, creating test plans and involved in phases of testing like Integration testing, Smoke testing, Performance testing and Load testing. We are also using inbuilt test cases and running those tests on master branch.
- Expertise in querying RDBMS such as Oracle SQL, MYSQL, SQLSERVER and AWS Aurora by using PL/SQL for data integrity.
Infrastructure as a Service: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
SCM/Version Control Tools: GIT, GitHub, SVN, Bitbucket
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo
Build Tools: Maven, ANT, Gradle
AWS Cloud Services: EC2, VPC, S3, Route 53, SNS, IAM, Cloud Front, EBS, ELB, ECS, Cloud Watch, Auto Scaling, SQS, Elastic Beanstalk
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt Stack
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
Scripts/ Languages: UNIX, HTML, Shell Scripting, YAML, Java, Python, Perl, GoLang
Databases: Oracle, MongoDB, SQL Server, MS SQL
Automation Container: Docker, Kubernetes
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Elastic Stack, New Relic
SDLC: Waterfall, Agile, Scrum
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Scrum Master
Operating System: UNIX, Linux (Ubuntu, RHEL, Centos), Windows
Other Tools: Siebel CRM, SMP (Service Management Platform), BRM, PyCharm, SQL Developer, Eclipse, RStudio Server Pro
Confidential, Greensboro, NC
DevOps Engineer/ Site Reliability Engineer
- Designed and created a stack in AWS Cloud Formation templates in JSON to automate the infrastructure launching.
- Deploying the resources using a CloudFormation stack which helps to create, update or delete a collection of the resources.
- Managed several IAM accounts for users with specific policies attached to each of them and implemented Multi Factor Authentication to meet security compliance.
- Designed and created infrastructure in AWS cloud using VPC , by configuring subnets in various areas for high availability and security.
- Created EC2 instances using AWS AMI’s and configured the launched instances with respect to the application.
- Build and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 buckets for storage and backup on AWS and encrypted S3 buckets for all CloudTrail logs encrypted and policies to access the logs.
- Writing Lambda functions in GoLang to organize the requests that are made to the API Gateway and address it accordingly.
- Decoupling the Lambda function model with the DynamoDB optimized model to ensure that backward compatibility is restored.
- Creating wrapper functions on the DynamoDB SDK functions to ensure abstraction prevails, which increases code maintainability and readability.
- Used Docker - compose, Docker container snapshots, container removing, managing images and directory structures for configuring the containers using YAML scripting.
- Exposing AWS cloud native solutions such as AWS Service Broker and AWS Operators using OpenShift and Kubernetes for agile hybrid cloud environments also using OpenShift Container Platform which is the flagship service offered by Red Hat.
- Setup Docker swarm cluster to build Cron jobs to avoid the downtime/failover and automated the Docker containers deployments using Kubernetes .
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive builds out to the Docker registry, created pods and then deployed to Kubernetes and w orked on Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using configured maps, nodes, selector services and deployed application containers as pods.
- Experienced in creating Docker containers and leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers, Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle and automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology.
- Used Jenkins for nightly build and test. Installed multiple plugins for smooth build, release build pipelines and created a master, slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds.
- Worked on creating Jenkins File for various Jenkins jobs using groovy script via DSL (domain specific language) to use them as various workflow scripts for defining CI/CD.
- Integrated Jenkins with GitHub private repositories with Nexus Artifact repository for pushing successful build code using Maven as build Automation tool.
- Analyzing, trending, predicting and reporting off more dimensions or aggregate metrics, or with different data visualizations using Tableau .
- Centralizing reporting tools, standardizing data visualizations, and documenting data definitions.
- Used Ansible to deploy critical applications, automate repetitive tasks and implemented Ansible Tower dashboard to allow individual access to use Ansible for the deployments.
- Managed Ansible Roles and playbooks for provisioning the instances, creating subnets, installing packages and worked with deploying web application on Apache and standalone server environments.
- Implemented Continuous Delivery automation using Ansible and involved in managing Webservers and Tomcat Server.
- Used Maven as a build tool to develop build artifacts on the source code and deployed artifacts into Nexus repository and defined various plugins, dependencies in Maven pom.xml.
- Integrated Maven with GIT to deploy, manage project related tags and managed Nexus Maven repositories during the build to download the artifacts.
- Monitored the Application and Infrastructure health by analysing the logs and observing the user dashboard using Splunk.
- Wrote Python scripts for pushing data from MySQL database and created, maintained the python deployment scripts for Tomcat web application server.
- Expertise in Shell Scripting and Perl Scripting for environment builds and automating deployment on WebSphere Application Servers and WebLogic Application Servers.
- Used JIRA as defect tracking system for configuring various workflows, verifying the integrity & availability of server resources, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug and issue tracker.
Environment: AWS, Azure, GIT, MAVEN, Nexus, Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Python script, MySQL, Splunk, Tableau, JIRA002E and GoLang.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
DevOps Engineer/ Site Reliability Engineer
- Used GCP cloud CDN (content delivery network) to deliver content from GCP cache locations by drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Using Terraform to allocate the resources for a multi-tier architecture and defining the dependencies between the resources. Sharing the Terraform configuration file to carry out black box testing.
- Used Cloud Functions directly from Firebase without spinning up a server. Cloud Functions respond to events from services such as Cloud Storage, Pub/Sub and Cloud Firestore.
- Cloud Firestore integrates with Firebase Authentication to enable secure access and data validation.
- Cloud IAM to authorize the user access to data and also define the roles of the users to ensure that security and the authenticated access to the data that is sensitive.
- Used Recommender to weed out unwanted access to the resource with the help of ML algorithms.
- Setup, alerting and monitoring using Operations (Stackdriver) in GCP and created custom log metrics using Operations logging and create charts and alerts using the custom log metrics and provided the permissions and required access to all the subtopics to push/write the data to Operations.
- Used Google Deployment Manager to deploy using YAML and Python. It provides Cloud Management by allowing to reuse Load Balancing and Auto Scaling.
- Used MAVEN as a build tool for the development of build artifacts on the source code and deployed artifacts into Nexus (Jar and War file) repository and defined dependencies, plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Implemented continuous delivery framework using Jenkins in Linux environment, created pipelines for Jenkins jobs integrating with (SCM poll) GIT and setup GIT on a Linux environment, configured the users and created the repositories and branching structure for all the applications.
- Configuration of nodes for Jenkins to customize builds for different operating systems, smooth running of builds jobs, testing and deployed in Apache tomcat server.
- Build and configured Jenkins slaves for parallel job execution and Created Ansible Playbooks to integrate with Jenkins jobs and automate the deployment process.
- Written Ansible playbooks using python for DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration.
- Automated configuration management and deployments using Ansible playbooks and YAML for resource declaration, creating roles and updating Playbooks to provision servers by using Ansible .
- Monitoring used several tools like NewRelic, Wavefront, Amazon CloudWatch, and AWS CloudTrail and various other system metrics.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker and created, managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Deployment of cloud service including Jenkins and Docker with the help of Terraform.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots and deployed Docker Swarm using Ansible and automated container deployment and created docker images for various environments.
- Using the master nodes in the control plane to manage OpenShift operations, to schedule the worker nodes in the Kubernetes cluster for load sharing.
- Virtualization of the servers using Docker for dev and test environments and configuration automation using ECS.
- Automate the install or upgrade process so it is done in a controlled and reproducible way and to review usage reports and understand how architecture and implementation will affect cost using Tableau.
- Managed Clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, services, deployments, labels, health checks.
- Used Kubernetes and Docker for building and containerizing the CI/CD application to deploy on cloud and managed container replicas on node clusters using Kubernetes.
- Used eksctl to manage a Kubernetes cluster and to provide orchestration between the containers deployed using Docker and EKS.
- Managing the configuration of the worker nodes and ensuring that the master node must manage the worker nodes and ensure the nodes are always running.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process and used UNIX scripts for build activities in QA and Staging environments.
- Configured Splunk forwarders to detect SSL certificate expirations, analyse the system logs and index the data from various database types.
- Used Nagios to detect network latencies between systems and monitored system health performance by scheduling Splunk based reports and alerts.
- Used Scrum Master for generated tickets, reports on different bug issues, tracking & updating project defects & tasks.
- Enabled the collaboration, centralized management, metrics and server monitoring, security, and commercial support using RStudio Server Pro that professional data science teams need to operate at scale.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, GIT, Python, Bash Script, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Apache Tomcat, Maven, Nagios, Splunk, Scrum Master, Cloud Deployment Manager and Tableau.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Build & Release Engineer/ Site Reliability Engineer
- Developed and implemented software release management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Involved in creating new Build Definitions, creating and updating Build Process Templates for new releases and new requirements.
- Used Rehosting Migration strategy to migrate on premise infrastructure to AWS Cloud and created cloud formation templates and implemented using AWS code pipeline.
- Designed roles and groups for new users using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) and implemented policies to provide additional security to the AWS account and its resources.
- Migrated the relational database files (binary and transaction logs) to Amazon RDS instances using the standard “mysqlimport” utility.
- Created and utilized auto scaling launch configuration templates for amazon EC2 instances while deploying Micro services.
- Created snapshots and AMIs of EC2 instances and moved AMIs to different regions to create cross region failover, created S3 buckets, managed policies on S3 buckets for storage and backup on AWS.
- Created and managed various EC2 instances, EBS volumes, configuring security groups, elastic ip’s, AMI’s, S3 buckets and configured them with permissions, versioning, logging and tagging.
- Mission critical systems to replicate within an AZ and scale to petabytes of data and supporting the backup of the S3 bucket with lifecycle policies by having CORS enabled.
- Created multiple EC2 nodes, configured launched instances and maintained the AWS cloud infrastructure as required in the environment.
- Participated in weekly releases to identify and mitigate the risks that are associated with the releasing of the software and worked on logical software to promote prod and non-prod environments.
- Managed multiple server instances by enabling password less SSH communication between the servers and deployed JAR, WAR files to Apache Tomcat and Web Sphere application servers.
- Executed Maven scripts in Jenkins to build several java-based projects where there is a change in the working environment.
- Carried out deployments and builds on various environments using Jenkins and developed Jenkins build pipeline jobs using groovy for Node.js and Java -based applications.
- Used Jenkins to build a pipeline to create a pipeline to continuously take the built code and run test cases and deploy it to the prod environment and deploy the applications using CodeDeploy or Docker .
- Used Docker to ensure the applications can be deployed irrespective of the underlying OS.
- Managed MAVEN project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects and tweaked the existing MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Administered and Maintained GIT source code, pushed, pulled and performed merge requests into the Git Repository and configured, deployed GIT repositories with tagging, branching and notifications.
- Installed, maintained and administering Chef (configuration management) for existing infrastructure and used Chef to manage Config files, Web Applications and Database.
- Wrote Chef cookbook to integrate into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework and automate the deployment process.
- Wrote scripts in SHELL and Python to automate Cron jobs and system maintenance and developed the ruby scripts to automate system deployment to scale infrastructure.
- Provided support to Production, Staging, QA, Development environments for code deployments, changes, and general support.
- Documented software for the intranet application of USSD, OBRM which consists of back office applications such as Campaign management, Journaling, Balance Transfer, Pre-activation & Post-activation.
- Integrated JIRA to ensure the process is followed and customized JIRA for workflow, user, project management and automated JIRA tasks using JIRA CLI.
Environment: AWS (EC2, EBS, AMI, S3), GIT, Maven, Chef, Jenkins, Web sphere, Tomcat, Maven, Shell script, JIRA, JSON, USSD, OBRM, Siebel CRM, SMP, BRM, groovy and Python script.
- Monitored and provided systems administration support for UNIX systems including server and workstation upgrades, backup and disaster recovery monitoring, user account setup and security administration.
- Installed, Administered and Configured Redhat Linux 6.x, CentOS 6.x, SUSE 10 and Solaris 10 and responsible for adding users, assigning permissions to them and maintaining the backup strategies using Perl, Shell Scripts .
- Deployed WAR files in WebLogic Application Servers and integrated Apache 2.x and WebLogic 10.x.
- Configured and Installed Apache 2.x, JBoss 6.2.x and executed programs like SSH, SUDO to establish security connections.
- Configured TCP/IP networking and maintained NIS, NFS, setup SSH to the Redhat hosts and installed Puppet (Configuration Management tool), puppet master and nodes from workstation.
- Configured and Installed GIT server to provide access over the HTTP protocol on Linux via the Apache Web Server.
- Automated deployment of critical applications, repetitive tasks using Puppet and installed, configured ANT for java-based applications.
- Used Nagios to monitor application capacity, performance and notify when it reaches threshold limit and maintained software workflow management with a project management tool like GitHub & task runners like Grunt.
- Performed daily system monitoring, triaged the issues, reports on different bugs using Scrum Master tool.
Environment: WebLogic, Git, Puppet, Apache, RHEL, Shell, PERL, ANT, CentOS, SUSE, Solaris, JBoss, WAR, TCP/IP, NIS, NFS and Grunt & Scrum Master.