Versatile Business Intelligence Hands - On Architect who gathers and validates requirements for SSRS and SSIS internal and investor-specific reports. Strong T-SQL skills in greenfield development, performance tuning, and query optimization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Leads projects from technical standpoint and does all “ heavy lifting “ in team efforts. Praised by business community for excellence in development and ongoing support. Prior .NET Framework greenfield development experience. Well-versed in Kimball methodology with practical hands-on design and development experience.
- Establish direction for Data Warehouse Migration to AWS and AWS Ramp-Up
- Define and execute project plans for AWS Migration
- Set strategy for cooperation with AWS Team
- Set strategy and built relationships to support Analytics Team
- Selected 3rd party vendor tools integrated with AWS to optimize data warehouse processes
- Created and maintained relationships with software vendors, expanding network based on corporate IT goals
- Provide consulting advice targeting industry turnaround to Director-level staff
- Generated ideas to direct business model towards a Fourth Industrial Revolution model
- Assisted Analytics team in identifying models, and proposing how to re-think the model generation process
- Inactive CPA License
- Accounting and workflow experience enabled discovery of bugs in existing data warehouse
- ETL processes
- Agile Methodology Team Member
- Designed and developed 200 AWS Glue jobs using Python for migrating data, managing data lake processes, and running ETL workflows to refresh the Data Warehouse.
- Created Data Pipeline ETL workflows to orchestrate processes, utilizing components such as SQL Activity, CopyActivity, Shell Command Activity, EMR Activity.
- Constructed, managed, and implemented as a developer the master project plan for Oracle
- Data Warehouse migration to Redshift.
- Manually re-wrote Oracle PL/SQL Data Warehouse ETL process into PostGresSQL within
- Redshift (thousands of lines of code)
- Designed and implemented comprehensive data lake, using S3, Redshift, Redshift
- Spectrum, Athena, and DynamoDB.
- Set up virtual private cloud environments and EC2 instances.
- Optimized Redshift cluster configuration and Redshift PostGresSQL statements.
- Supervised and directed technical staff.
- Functioned as liaison with Analytics team, providing technical, strategic, and operational guidance and governance.
- Redesigned and implemented Oracle materialized view refresh process to be compatible with Redshift.
- Utilizing business-specific knowledge of products and processes, wrote Oracle packages for usage by Analytics team.
- Wrote code to encode and decode various file formats for storage in the Data Lake
DATABASES: AWS Redshift, AWS Dynamo DB, AWS Aurora, EPIC Hospital & Healthcare, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2016, Oracle 11g Data Warehouse, Oracle 12c, Sybase, Paradox, Informix, 4D, COPIA Laboratory Information System, HARVEST Laboratory Information System, MongoDB
REPORTING: SQL Server Reporting Services 2012, Crystal Reports (SAP), Active Reports, Aspose For Excel Cells .NET Reporting, Aspose For MS Word Reporting, Tableau, HARVEST Laboratory Information System, for hospital domain and general business intelligence
DATA TRANSFORM: Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), SQL Server 2005, 2008 & 2012 SSIS / Extract Transform & Load (ETL), Azure Data Pipeline
BUSINESS DOMAINS: Entertainment / Media, Healthcare / Hospital Operations, Healthcare Laboratory, Finance / Investments, Accounting
DEVELOPMENT TOOLS: Visual Studio 2017, Visual Studio 2015 4.0, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) 3.5, LINQ, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Profiler, RedGate, Erwin Studio
QUERYING LANGUAGE: T-SQL, PL / SQL, SQL Expressions Scripting, NoSQL, Tableau Scripting, Denodo SQL, PostGres SQL, AWS Command-Line-Interface
DATA WAREHOUSE: EPIC Universes utilizing Star and Snowflake schemas
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Senior AWS Solutions Architect
- Designed entire data warehouse comprised of several data marts for hospital and financial domains
- Star schema design effective at terabyte storage levels
- Designed transactional tables, periodic snapshot, accumulating snapshot and associated maintenance plans
- Created standards for data mart design, defined conformed dimensions, provided oversight and review to ensure adherence to standards
- Evaluated and selected data visualization tools to usher in predictive analytic environment
- Chaired meetings with user community to elicit business technological needs, using this information to create ideas for project initiatives
- Designed slowly changing dimensions from first to sixth types
- Queried and analyzed big data on Netezza using NoSQL
- Determined “dirty data” in healthcare setting
- Worked with vendor EPIC to customize EPIC Cogito Warehouse
- Led design and development of several application re-writes, which included
- Design and implementation of several relational databases
- Design and implementation of daily processes to transfer and scrub data
- Administration of databases throughout project life cycle
- Designed and implemented Data Warehouse consolidating several different laboratory information systems
- Defining HL7 contract exchange information
- Debugging and testing message exchanges via coordination with clients
- Implemented billing interfaces with HARVEST Laboratory Information System
- Created project plan, coordinated with vendor endpoint
- Defined message contract, debugged and tested with vendor
ConfidentialSenior AWS Solutions Architect
- Support 200 databases on daily basis
- Responsible for 24—7 support on rotating basis
- Perform routine backup and recovery for databases
- Rollout of all security groups, roles, features integrating with Active Directory
- Perform installation of software on servers
- Modify SSIS packages to ensure parallel processing
- Monitor SSIS scheduling software
- Lead Disaster Recovery exercises for SQL Server and Oracle databases
- Involved in transition to TinTri storage
Senior AWS Solutions Architect
- Wrote NoSQL scripts for ad hoc analyses.
- Created SSIS (ETL) packages for evaluation of data for security operations using embedded T-SQL scripting.
- Designed data marts based upon Ralph Kimball methodology. Designed EPIC Cogito Data Warehouse Universes ( Healthcare )
- Trained on-line in Ralph Kimball methodology.
- Faithful adherent to Ralph Kimball methodology, running environments in parallel: legacy relational databases and data marts / universes.
- Created SSIS (ETL) packages for nightly data processing of financial activities.
- Used operating system scripting languages for ETL processes: Powershell, Unix, MS-DOS, MAXL.
- Performed duties as secondary back-up DBA: routine maintenance jobs such as backup and restore, object migrations, creation of security parameters, server object maintenance, disaster recovery exercises, version upgrades.
- Created programs and scripts to automate routine DBA-related tasks.
- Designed SQL Agent job processes, working directly with internal users to determine their needs.
- Designed and wrote LINQ - to - Entities applications for back—end processing of data.
- Using LINQ to Entities in C# 3.5, created full functionality for healthcare pharmaceutical drug funding website.
- Received training in Service Broker and performed analysis of Service Broker related to company needs.
- Implemented new code and refactored existing object - oriented C# classes to support the retrieval of files in XML using a standard web services interface.
- Converted DTS packages in SQL Server 2000 to SSIS packages.
- Modified and tested SQL assembly code in SQL 2005.
- Performed analysis and optimization of application developers’ stored procedures.
- Wrote transaction based code in C# and within stored procedures. Refactored existing codebase transitioned from software development house.
- Performed data mining and resulting analysis using SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using table variables, correlated subqueries, indexing, recursive joins, self joins, pivot tables for solving business logic problems using SQL Server 2008.
- Developed project plan, participated in implementation, and led upgrade from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
- Served as backup for primary DBA.
- Performed routine backup and recovery operations.
- Wrote SSIS packages from the ground up for scrubbing data and transferring it across disparate data sources.
ConfidentialSenior AWS Solutions Architect
- Functioned as primary developer for 2 partners’ investor reporting responsibilities.
- Wrote SSIS packages, SSRS reports, and SQL Server 2008 R2 stored procedures from the ground up for healthcare domain / hospital operations
- Consistently delivered functionality correct the first time submitted to testing, with no rework or defects.
- Created financial reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and Active Reports. Created optimized SQL queries based upon complex business logic rules, using execution plan and SQL Server Profiler
- Prepared mission-critical reports from the ground-up, rescued failing projects by taking charge and re-writing poorly performing reports and reports with inaccurate logic. Functioned as Technical Team Lead for healthcare business domain areas ( operation time ), developed common features for reports that peers learned from and used in their work.
- Prepared summary reports, sub-reports, charts, and cross-map grids
ConfidentialSenior AWS Solutions Architect
- Remained current with technology, utilizing new features introduced in SQL Server 2008 and 2012.
- Assisted junior database developers with technical concerns.
- Performed support tasks in a 24—7 mode database environment.
- Fine-tuned performance of poorly performing SQL code.
- Wrote all queries using Query Analyzer Performance Plan tools, with all reports running in 5 seconds or less.
- Optimized SQL code used in slow-running Agent Job processes.
- Brought order and stability to a disorganized investor reporting work stream, correcting the code-base and making enhancements adhering to corporate standards and the investor’s needs.
- Wrote complex stored procedures and triggers using T-SQL Data Modification Language.
- Designed complex databases and database segments using T-SQL Data Definition Language scripts using SQL Server 2008.
- Created logical and physical database design for pharmaceutical drug website applications.
- Created back—end processing applications for bulk importing of pharmaceutical and medical diagnosis files.
- Created complex graphical reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and Active Reports. Utilized charting and statistical user interface features.
- Wrote scripts and templates using PL/SQL within Oracle Data Interface topology.
- Multi-lingual, working in both PL/SQL and T-SQL on daily basis
- 95 % of position is design and new development
- Wrote and tested web services synching up orders with back-end processes.
- Participated in design meetings of UML diagrams used in design and development process.
- Redesigned structure of commercial security and identity management application using features of .NET Framework 2.0, VB.NET
- Worked as a team member on a team pioneering the usage of agile project methodology, developing in iterative cycles
- Optimized performance of existing databases, utilizing correct index placement, re-evaluation of existing stored procedures.
- Created reports of loan operations and financial performance using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Lead developer in rewrite effort of classic ASP and SQL Server 2000 code to SQL Server 2005, SSIS packages, and ASP.NET 2005 versions. Analyzed embedded business logic, determined requirements, designed new code-base and implemented using new code features.
- Created complex queries and reports using Crystal Reports.
- Researched, designed and implemented upgrade from SQL Server 2000 to SQL 2005. Produced error-free conversion.
- Implemented Visual Studio Team System 2005 environment for development staff. Directed network administrator in related tasks.
- Wrote Visual Studio 2005 DTS packages for testing back-end applications.
- Wrote various objects within the database: functions, stored procedures, triggers, views.
- Enhanced and maintained tablet-PC-based patient charting application written in VB.NET Winforms and webforms.
- Created reports displaying product analysis and comparisons using Crystal Reports.
- Working as a solo developer, researched, designed, and implemented the integration of Reporting Services 2005 with the ASP.NET 2.0 Framework (using C#), producing robust reports with dynamically displaying columns.
- Using object-oriented patterns designed and implemented sections of health insurance claims adjusting web application with the ASP.NET 2.0 Framework using C#.
- Maintained and enhanced web application for billing health insurance claims using the ASP.NET 2.0 Framework and SQL Server 2005.
- Wrote complex stored procedures comprised of several thousand lines, using processes to avoid cursor usage, and utilizing dynamic SQL.
- These stored procedures interfaced with Reporting Services 2005. Stored procedures also interfaced with the ObjectDataSource and the SqlDataSources in the ASP.NET 2.0 Framework (using C#).
- Provided advice for managing project implementing ASP.NET (using C#) hybrid solution, drawing upon experience gained in former leadership positions.
- Programmed object-oriented tiers in ASP.NET (using C#) commercial hybrid solution using architecture similar to Microsoft Application Process Blocks, delivering solution before deadline:
- Web pages / views: ASP.NET using C#
- Middle tier: C# class libraries, implementing interfaces
- Back-end: SQL Server 2000
- Designed and implemented robust ASP.NET (using C#) Security model utilizing .NET Framework Security classes.
- Utilized Visio to design object-oriented class diagrams.
- Utilized cascading style sheets in prototypes and production versions for code maintainability.