- An adept Citrix/VMware virtualization engineer with over 20 years of experience in the field of Information Technology.
- I have extensive experience in the analysis, integration, design, support, Implementation and Troubleshooting of various physical and virtual environments.
- Proven experience of leading infrastructure & network engineering design and implementation effort on complex projects, including the planning, tracking and controlling of infrastructure project activities.
- Strong experience of technically leading complex projects throughout the complete lifecycle (Analysis, Architecture, Design, Build, Test and production)
- Excellent Knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, Clustered - DHCP, Group Policy and AppLocker.
- Good practical Knowledge of AppSense management suite 8. User Virtualization, Profile management, Environment manager and Application manager.
- Extensive knowledge of Installing, configuring and managing VMware sphere
- Citrix Xenapps 4.5, 5/6, 6.5 and 7x Designing, Planning, Implementation, Installation and Administration.
- Experience in Virtualized environment using VMware ESXI 5x and 6
- Experience in Azure/AWS cloud Iaas, Paas service and infrastructure management
- Designing, Planning, Implementation, Installation and Administration of XenApp 7.15
- Citrix Gateway, Edge Sight, Provisioning Server, Citrix MCS, Citrix WEM, AppLayer and Profile Manager.
- Citrix XenApp 6,7.6 application delivery in conjunction with Citrix Provisioning Server to provide on demand virtualised server images based on a range of Hypervisors such as XenServer, VMware, Hyper-V, AppDNA, ThinApp
- Microsoft Server NT/ 2000/20 Designing, Planning, Implementation, Installation and Administration
- Office 365 Migration, Maintenance, troubleshooting and diagnosis
- Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft technologies, including Windows 2008/2012 servers, MS Exchange and Active directory.
- SCCM Admin - System Center Configuration Manager and patch management
- Excellent knowledge of Citrix Studio, Citrix Storefront, Application Packaging using both Citrix Profiler and Microsoft APP-V, Citrix AppDNA, Citrix Netscaler, Citrix Profile Management
- Installs, configures and administers: vSphere 6.x clustered environmentsvRealize 6.x/7.x components including vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator, vRealize Log Inisight, vRealize Operations Manager and vRealize Business
Senior Enterprise Virtualization Engineer
- My role was to support the application and desktop virtualization hosting platform running on Citrix and VMware.
- I was also responsible for participating in engineering and operational activities related to designing, implementing, and supporting of all desktop and application virtualization technology solutions that meet the needs of business operations.
- Involved in migrating the legacy Citrix environment XenApp 6.5 to XenApp 7.15 and also migrating the VDI Xendesktop to Horizon View
- Design, implement, and support virtual desktops and virtualized desktop applications running on Citrix and VMware hypervisors.
- Participates in on-call support rotations with ability to efficiently lead a collaborative troubleshooting session involving 3rd party support teams and vendors during an outage/triage situation within our vSphere environment
- Originates and updates VM run book documents for customer requested VM deployments and VM modifications in our datacentre’s managed by third-party managed service provider
- Deploys and updates VM configurations within the company’s self-managed datacenters, based on requests received from our customer community
- Ensures timely delivery of assigned project deliverables related to vSphere platform/component upgrades, new vSphere/vRealize component deployments and periodic ESXi cluster capacity additions
- Collaborates with project managers, other engineers, architects, administrators and customers to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Develops documentation for requirements, architectural designs, engineering drawings and diagrams, as well as operational policies and procedures
Senior Technical Engineer
- Work with Application Business owners to utilize the Application Lifecycle Framework
- Maximize number of applications per XenApp virtual disk
- Maintain the current farm to ensure performance and capacity exists to support the migration and implement changes to the farm so it grows in step to support the client base
- Collaborate with Application Business owners to onboard new applications to the virtual desktop environment
- Act as Tier-3 escalation for Citrix Administrators and Engineers
- Collaborate with patching team to patch XenApp and Windows 7 VDISKs
- Coordinate with Network Engineering Team to create, manage, and monitor Virtual Servers
- Implement new application installs and application patches to multiple PVS hosted VDISKs
- Coordinate with Desktop Engineering Packaging team to obtain new MSI applications ready for deployment
- Provide Tier-3 support for existing, large, globally dispersed Citrix Farms
- Setting up and management of Vsphere Vcenter, VMware Networking,storage and VMware update manager
- Create, maintain, and maximize use of Citrix Policies for XenApp and XenDesktop end-users
- Create, maintain, and streamline Group Policy Objects and settings for each layer under the dedicated Citrix OU
- Develop and implement testing procedures for all changes in the Virtualized environment
- Review final technical designs for local, regional, and global implementations of any technology within the Virtualized environment and determine the impact of such changes
- Provided technical assistance on Citrix products to customers via phone, email and/or remote access.
- I also worked on other various projects for the Bank, such as the migration of thousands of users from old Citrix Presentation Server 4 farm to XenApp 5 and eventually to XenApp 6.5
- Design Architectural solutions based on business requirements, liaised with managers, documented and implemented designed solutions. Worked on new Platform which included 32/64 - bit servers, vADM2008, XenApp5 build, AppSense 8 and various printing solutions including Application packaging and deployments.
- Involved in using App-V sequencer to convert Win32 applications into virtual packages for deployment to users devices.
- Managed other team members while at the same time created and updated operational standards and other high level and configuration documents .
- Implemented technology solutions as per agreed designs and documentation - taking the lead on solution types to meet business problems as required. Identified, recommended and delivered opportunities for improvement to enhance quality, efficiency and effectiveness of deliverables.
- Provided remote support to multiple Citrix farms for major government agencies within UK. These environments included XenApp, XenDesktop and Virtual desktop solutions.
- Effectually implements and supports fully functioning XenApp and XenDesktop deployments in multiiples sites, including mixed environments (IMA and FMA architecture).
- Effectively designs and configured provisioning services within multi-site environments with increasingly complex features, including vDisk redundancy and automatic vDisk updates
- Maintained and provided support to 2000 Remote desktop service 2012 R2 users.
- Planned and performed major upgrade of VMware from ESXi 5x to ESXi 6.
- Application packaging and deployment using Altiris and SCCM
- Providing subject matter expertise in support of critical infrastructure projects, with experience designing, implementing and Tier 3 operation support for VDI virtualization technologies.
- Build and maintain products and service standards for VDI capabilities that align with technology strategies.
- Responsible for research, development, deployment and oversight of Citrix products to support IFDS global environment. Applications range from standard off the shelf to custom line of business applications that are accessed by users around the globe.
- Provided technical assessments of new software and provided specifications on requirements for implementation in Citrix and non-Citrix environments.
- Part of the team involved in Troubleshooting and configuration of Citrix system.
- I was responsible for the day to day support and administration of Citrix, VMware and Microsoft environment
- Performed a health check on the overall design and implemented new Group Policies and AppSense configuration as required
- Responsible for ensuring XenDesktop images are updated with relevant changes using PVS image versions, testing the versions and then applying them to Production.
- Created custom application packages as well as repackaged applications for both 32bit and 64bit Servers
- Looked into the Citrix printing Solution
Barking and Dagenham council.
Senior Technical Engineer
- Perform an assessment on the existing Presentation server 5 and develop recommendations for the migration of the existing farm to XenApp 6.0.
- Design and implement the recommended strategies for provisioning XenApp 6.0 server images using provisioning server 5.6 for Data centres.
- Design and implement a high-availability, high-performance XenApp 6.0 server farm on VMware ESX hosts
- Designed and deployed a VDI Proof of Concept (POC) environment to evaluate the benefits, performance and scalability of Windows 7 hosted virtual desktops.
- Designed and deployed high-performance, high-availability Citrix XenApp 5.0 environment to support the Business Process Outsourcing initiative.
- Managed and assisted all phases of project - scoping, design, deployment, testing, rollout, user support, and documentation.
- Resolve various issues such as Windows Policies, Application licensing, RDP and ICA.
- Coordinate with various departments regarding production issues.
- Designed a new security template solution for securing newly deployed and existing Windows Applications on Citrix
- Thoroughly developed,lead and delegates various testing methods, including scalability and functionality testing, to optimise Citrix deployments and Created documentation for server builds and Citrix applications installations.
- Evaluating the existing infrastructure and advising on necessary changes to improve user experience
- Power Point presentation for the organization s road map to upgrade existing systems to the cutting edge technologies.
- Proposing changes to work practices to ensure better control and monitoring for the systems support and changes
- Designing quick solution to an un - stable and slow performance of Citrix Farm
- Developing new XenApp6.5 environment to migrate from XenApp 4.5
- Re-customizing applications and publish them on the new platform
- Creating Vsphere 5 platform to host the new XenApp 6.5 Farm on Windows 2008
- Working for a leading solutions provider with many stakes in large public and private sector IT programmes.
- One of those current programmes is running under the Ministry of Justice. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Designing and Administering current Citrix Farms into Newer Citrix Infrastructure, Integrating applications and Managing the Citrix/Win3k Active Directory Infrastructure across 43 Probation areas in the UK,
- Administering the Probation service Windows\Citrix\Vmware Infrastructure of close to about 1,000 servers spread across 43 Probation service regional areas.
- Implementing VMware esx 3.5 servers for Benchmarking purposes as the existing Datacenter infrastructure was being redesigned based on part Vmware infrastructure so there were quite a few Applications (2tier and 3tier apps that required benchmarking).
- Identifying non-standard elements within a Discovery Document of each Probation Area’s legacy IT Infrastructure (such as specific local applications, shared applications), to identify the hosting requirements for these elements and to produce high and low-level designs.
- To produce high and low-level designs for DMZ solutions requiring third party access to shared services following approved accreditation guidelines.
- Leading all activities related to the design and implementation of Citrix Secure Access Gateway Enterprise and Citrix Web Interfaces Farm with load balancing
- Responsible for the upgrade of XPE servers, the consolidation of XPE Citrix Farms, the creation of Citrix servers and the migration of applications to the CPS4 Farm in the Data Centres
- Demonstrating an expert knowledge of new products and excellent business communication skills as a central point of information on technologies
- Main contact for the design deployment of Arcgis application within Citrix\Win2k Active Directory Infrastructure..
- Deploying & Supporting Arcgis within the Citrix Infrastructure as this application was the only application used within the infrastructure.
- Preparing test beds for performance & benchmarking of Applications that is to be migrated into a Windows 2000 environment from legacy systems i.e. Windows NT
- Making sure applications are compatible in a Windows 2000/XP/Citrix environment.
- Administering & Troubleshooting TCP/IP related issue such as DHCP, WINS, and DNS
- Carrying out performance measurements against Microsoft recommended baseline by using the performance monitor and performance counter logs at random to troubleshoot ill - behaved application and server performance in general.
- Supporting large network consisting of 60 Windows NT/Novell servers servicing 2,000 LAN and WAN users at Civic Offices. Setup and Configuration of Compaq Proliant servers. Project lead on Compaq maintenance.
- Providing 3rd line technical and project support to all the sites within Thurrock borough, On Windows 2000, NT4, Novell Netware and Unix Platform.
- Administered and Built Citrix MetaFrame Xpe Servers to support a Novell 5.1 and Windows 2000 network environment
- Revised security procedures on Novell directory service.
- Implemented exchange 5.5 & 2000 and also provide administration support, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Involved in the planning of Active directory and migration from the Novell directory service to Active directory.
- Implemented and administer the Arcserve backup system on both NT and Netware
- Responsible for maintaining BAU activities,
- Administering Citrix servers by:
- Providing access to Citrix publish application to users
- Testing new applications that are to be introduced into the farm by ensuring they conform to Terminal server multi user platform.
- Troubleshooting Citrix application errors generated during day to day business usage by liaising with application developers to resolve the issue in the event the issue can t be resolved in house.
- Setting up Active directory user accounts based on departmental groups.
- Troubleshooting Network issues. i.e. problems accessing Citrix servers via the Network, problems obtaining DHCP addresses, DNS registration issues.
- Troubleshooting Group Policy issues that applied to legacy Windows Operating system using Gpresult
- Creating Performance benchmarking against application provided via Citrix with the help of Performance Monitor.
- Proving day to day to business users
- Testing applications against newly released Microsoft patches to ensure applications function as normal