- Highly resourceful and forward - thinking professional with 10+ years of IT experience spanning server and application administration, project management, and production support.
- Track record of initiating process and system improvements to increase stability and efficiency.
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills with ability to quickly assess business needs and recommend appropriate technology solutions.
- Collaborate effectively with users at all corporate levels using outstanding communication and customer service capabilities.
- Proficiencies include:Automation Infrastructure as code Cloud Platforms System Implementation Containers Active Directory
- Improved development release time with CI/CD pipelines.
- Performed multiple Datacenter to Cloud migrations.
- Continuously provide solutions to complex problems using DevOps best practices.
- Provided System and Application support from Dev to Prod.
- Knowledge of current technologies to keep the company competitive with ever-changing technologies.
Servers & Hardware: Cisco UCS, HP Servers,Dell Servers, ActiveBatch, NETGEAR, QNAP, RPM Elite, IIS, VMware, SCOM 2012, Solarwinds IP Monitor, Solarwinds Server and Application Monitor (SAM), DFS, TCP/IP, Infrastructure As Code, Active Directory, SQL Server and Amazon Web Services Engineering (AWS) , Azure
Software: McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO), GFI LanGuard, TextPipe Pro, VBScript, MS Office Suite, Windows Server, BMC, LanDesk, Symantec VIP, FIS, Service Manager, Jenkins, GIT, GitHub, TFS, Atlassian Products, Powershell, Bash, Zabbix, OctopusDeploy, CMDB, Confidential, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Linux Server (Redhat and Ubuntu)
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Provide and apply technical and best practice DevOps methodologies for all of Confidential
- The responsibilities and job duties change on a per client basis, but all work is focused around a DevOps with Sec mindset (DevSecOps) and event driven pipelines.
- I practice daily to automate and provide repeatable processes and provide pipelines in AWS and Azure cloud platforms, whether it's Jenkins or AWS Code pipeline for example.
- I provide deep technical knowledge in end to end deployments of infrastructure(Terraform) and software as code.
- I wrote multiple Terraform modules for deploying Couchbase Clusters as well as AWS services including EKS, VPN, IAM, Route53, etc.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Provided day to day production support for all aspects of the business. Engaged daily in multiple different projects including a digital transformation, datacenter migration to a hybrid private cloud, and a partial tech refresh. Installed and configured Octopus Deploy for automated deployments of server and application code being sent via API from Confidential .
- Integrated and configured Jenkins for use with Octopus for automated deploys of legacy code.
- Support development staff and all aspects of development to form a continuous delivery of new code to all of the environments.
- I wrote multiple Terraform modules to deploy the RC website to Azure App Services and to the on-premise servers including code for the backend connections and middleware services.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Designed and support the company's Cloud infrastructure and 2 different Inspection products in the Amazon Cloud.
- Configured Windows and Linux servers to support the pre-prod and production environments.
- Documented and designed infastructure diagrams of all server and Amazon components.
- Wrote multiple powershell and bash scripts for automated deployment of application code as well as deployments using Terraform as Infrastructure as code.
- Designed and configured CI/CD pipelines for mobile and web application.
Confidential, Dexter, MI
Sr. DevOps Systems Administrator of Development Operations
- Provided support and administration of physical and virtual(VMware and AWS) servers, mixed between Windows and Linux machines.
- Performed daily administration task that ranged from auditing space usage reports to troubleshooting scripts.
- Responsible for resolving support issues that came into the queue and that work was mostly requests for a script ran against a SQL database or a software release requested by the development team.
- Assisted in troubleshooting any issues that occurred with deployment by modifying or correcting issues with the Jenkins jobs or CMDB.
- Actively participated in team projects for introducing new products or software into the environment and a lot of times had to be my own project manager, and a SME for all aspects of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and all of the legacy and NextGen Tax products.
Confidential, Dearborn, MI
Sr. Systems Engineer/Factory Information Systems (FIS) Analyst
- Install and configure physical and virtual servers for Plants to use.
- Provide Level 2 Support to enterprise wide FIS system which includes web server, application server, and SQL database servers for automotive institution specializing in automobile manufacturing.
- Assist PlantIT on daily basis with issues in regards to the FIS application from support requests that are submitted thru the BMC remedy system.
- Support is provided by phone, email and webex and completed in a timely manner defined by the organizations SLA policies.
- Created multiple different SQL queries to troubleshoot data/configuration issues within the FIS system and then propose the appropriate change to the user to get the issue resolved.
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
Mortgage Network Administrator
- Oversee Windows server and application administration for banking institution specializing in mortgage loan origination and servicing.
- Provide daily production support, manage NetBackup, and monitor VMware environment.
- Complete server updates.
- Control McAfee EPP on servers and end user devices and establish applicable policies regarding those items.
- Supported end users by phone, email, and webex from issues that were submitted to the service desk and routed those requests to the proper escalation teams.
- Provided team leadership on projects and daily tasks as required by the business, also participated on a 24x7 365 on call list.
- Provided change review process on a change control board for the mortgage division's change controls and approved/rejected them based on the defined CC process.
- Performed maintenance on organizations Ricoh MFD's and Brother Fax machines. Interacted with multiple business units to deploy technology that they can use on a daily basis.
- Created and Provided updated documentation to end user and other IT staff when a product was being deployed/updated and uploaded it to the content management system(SharePoint)
Confidential, Dexter, MI
- Performed onsite repair of servers and laptop/desktop PCs.
- Installed/replaced point-of-sale (POS) units for wide-ranging retailers such as Red Robin, BP, and Starbucks.
- Regulated daily server and backup operations for major prototype software company.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Machine Operator/Shift Lead
- Loaded and unloaded railroad cars and tractor-trailers for leading terminal management contractor.
- Achieved heavy equipment certification and operated THDC-974 forklift.
- Stacked intermediate bulk containers on freight vessels for intermodal transport and inspected outbound railcars to ensure safety for employees and the general public.