- Over 7+ years of experience in IT industry in cloud, DevOps Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure, Software Configuration, Build Engineering, Automation, Release Engineering for various organization.
- Experience in Automation, Installation and overall Configuration Management of servers using Chef and AWS.
- Expertise in DevOps, Release Planning & Documentation, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Automation in Amazon Web Services ( AWS ).
- Experience in Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices in Windows AZURE and SQL AZURE and in AZURE web and database deployments.
- Experience in designing, deploying and maintaining various multitude applications utilizing AWS services stack including EC2, S3, EBS, EFS, Elastic Beanstalk, Route 53, VPC, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud trail, SNS, SQS focusing on High Availability, Fault - tolerance and Auto Scaling.
- Experience configuring Azure App services, Azure Application insights, Azure Application gateway, Azure DNS, Azure Traffic manager, App services, Analyzing Azure Networks with Azure Network Watcher, Implementing Azure Site Recovery, Azure stack, Azure Backup and Azure Automation.
- Experience in migrating on premise to Windows Azure using Azure Site Recovery and Azure backups.
- Hands on experience in creating CI/CD Pipelines in AZURE DevOps environments by providing their dependencies and tasks.
- Installed, configured and maintained DNS, FTP and TCP/IP on Red Hat Linux.
- Used puppet and Chef Automation tools for configuration management in different systems.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Used Puppet to automate Configuration management and describe the state of resources using Ruby language.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Developed Python, Shell/Perl Scripts and PowerShell for automation purpose.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins/Hudson by installing, configuring and maintaining for the purpose of continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD).
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and Bamboo by installing, configuring and maintaining the purpose of Continuous Integration (CI) and End-to-End automation for all build and deployments implementing CI/CD for database using Jenkins.
- Experience in managing artifacts using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python to manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python and documented all infrastructures and application dependencies into GIT repo using Ansible.
- Managed Docker orchestration and Docker containerization using Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling, and management of Docker Containers.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, swarm and clustering frameworks.
- Administrated and monitored activities for SVN, GIT, Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Wrote cookbooks for WebLogic and Tomcat, JBoss and deployment automation.
- Expertise in working with JIRA and Bugzilla as bug Tracking Software and good understanding of Programming languages as Java, .NET.
- Experience in Converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis), deploying via Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation.
- Proficiency in using Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker images, Docker Weave, Docker Compose, Docker Swarm and Docker Registry and used containerization to make applications platform when moved into different environments.
- Experienced with event-driven and scheduled AWS Lambda functions to trigger various AWS resources and Worked on Lambda, for triggering events with cloud watch using Lambda functions.
- Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system. Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points, and Packages also Worked with automation/configuration management using Ansible and created playbooks in YAML to automate the development processes.
- Expertise in creating Kubernetes cluster with cloud formation templates and deploy them in AWS environment and monitoring the health of pods using Helm Charts.
- Expertise in setting up Kubernetes (k8s) clusters for running microservices and pushed microservices into production with Kubernetes backed Infrastructure. Development of automation of Kubernetes clusters via playbooks in Ansible.
- Expertise in package management using Red Hat RPM, YUM used in several Linux distributions such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprises and Fedora
Unix, Linux, Solaris, HP: UX, Windows Server.
Scripting: Shell, Perl, Python / Jython, Bash, PowerShell, Ruby, Groovy.
Build Scripting: Make, Apache Ant, Nant, Maven, MS Build and Gradle.
Continuous Integration Tool: Jenkins/Hudson, AnthillPro, Bamboo, Cruise Control, Team Foundation Server, TeamCity
Deployment Tools: Nexus, IIS, HIS, Web Sphere, Web logic, Tomcat, JBoss
Source Control: GIT, Subversion SVN, TFS, VSS, Perforce, Clear Case
Database: Oracle, SQL Server.
Languages: C, C++, Java, Groovy, J2EE, C#, .NET
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, Bugzilla, Clear Quest, Footprints, Quality Center, Junit, Load runner.
ETL Tools: ETL Service/Engine, DB2 client, Discovery, Data Studio, Data Architect
Automation/Other Tools: Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Gerrit.
Middleware Administration: JBoss, Web sphere, Web logic, Apache, Tomcat, Tomcat-Server and Jetty.
SR. Azure DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Walnut Creek, CA
- Involved in creating Virtual Machines in Azure and managing Azure storage, Azure active directory and Azure Service Bus .
- Hands-on experience Designing, planning and implementation for existing On-Prem applications to Azure Cloud (ARM), Configured and deployed Azure Automation Scripts utilizing Azure stack (Compute, Web and Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, Azure Data Lake, HDInsight Clusters, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Cloud Services and ARM), Services and Utilities focusing on Automation.
- Created and managed Azure AD tenants, and configured application integration with Azure AD.
- Gained experience in dealing with Windows AZURE IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role) in secure VNets and subnets.
- Worked on AZURE (IaaS) migrating like creating AZURE VMs, storage accounts, VHDs, storage pools, migrating on premise servers to AZURE and creating availability sets in AZURE and performed Hardening of the VM’s and also disk encryption using the KEK key in MS Azure .
- Used Docker for setting Azure Container Registry with Docker and Docker-compose, actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes. Also responsible for development of Test environment on Docker containers and configuring them using Kubernetes.
- Deploying windows Kubernetes (K8s) cluster with Azure Container Service (ACS) from Azure CLI and Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and Octopus Deploy.
- Created Templates for Azure Infrastructure as code using Terraform to build staging and production environments. Integrated Azure Log Analytics with Azure VMs for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics and used Terraform as a tool, Managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware, and Docker containers.
- Worked with Terraform Templates to automate the Azure Iaas virtual machines using terraform modules and deployed virtual machine scale sets in production environment.
- Managed Azure Infrastructure Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, VM Role, Azure SQL, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure PowerShell and Azure Portal.
- Integrated Jenkins CI/CD with GIT version control and implemented continuous build based on check- in for applications and created GitHub Webhooks to setup triggers for commit, push, merge and pull request events to drive all builds to Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, created pods using Kubernetes.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Used Kubernetes during debugging. Leading up to production when multiple application build must be tested for stability.
- Provided high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the VNet with Azure Internal Load Balancer.
- Designed a robust future state Ingestion Framework solution leveraging Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL database & Data warehouse.
- Designed, wrote and maintained systems in Python scripting for administering GIT, by using Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution, and deployment onto Tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs.
- Managed servers on the Confidential Azure Platform, Azure Virtual Machines instances using Ansible Configuration Management. Created Ansible manifests, profiles and roles modules to automate system operations
SR. AWS DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Responsible for AWS platform and its dimensions of scalability including VPC, EC2, ELB, S3, and EBS, ROUTE 53.
- Skilled in Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud platforms, EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, SNS.
- Involved in cloud automation using AWS cloud Formation Templates, Chef and Puppet.
- Set-up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Performance tuning the tables in Redshift, data Validation, Quality check in Redshift using Python.
- Installing and configuring Ansible in AWS EC2 instances using Python pip and automated the cloud deployment using AWS, AWS CLI, Python and AWS cloud formation templates.
- Worked on AWS Lambda to run the code in response to events, such as changes to data in an Amazon S3 bucket, Amazon DynamoDB table, HTTP requests using AWS API Gateway and invoked the code using API calls made using AWS SDKs.
- Worked on AWS costs by writing the Ansible Playbooks for auto Start/Stop of AWS resources at the time of the day by triggering it from Jenkins and knowledge on RHEL on Ansible Playbooks, Modules and Roles.
- Data Profiling, Mapping and Integration from multiple sources to AWS S3/RDS/Redshift.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) and configuration management instances and Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services ( AWS ) platform using Chef configuration management tools and Created instances in AWS as well as migrated data to AWS from data Center
- Managed both framework and Cloud Formation to automate AWS environment creation along with the ability to deployment on AWS , using build scripts (AWS CLI) and automate solutions using Shell and Python .
- Worked on creating the Virtualization of the servers on AWS with the use of tools like Docker, build the Docker image and version control to meet the objective of Continuous Delivery goal on a highly scalable environment. Also had a hand on experienced with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Worked on migration services like AWS Server Migration Service (SMS) to migrate on-premises workloads to AWS in easier and faster way using Rehost "lift and shift" methodology and AWS Database Migration Service (DMS), AWS Snowball to transfer large amounts of data and Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration.
- Used AWS Elastic Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications.
- Professional in deploying and configuring Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK) and AWS Kinesis for log analytics and skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Splunk, AWS CloudWatch, ELK.
- Designed and developed infrastructure using Terraform and Cloud Formation and automated end-to- end transit hub connectivity resource deployment in AWS via Terraform.
- Worked with configuration Management tool - Ansible, have setup Ansible projects and configured the playbooks for the micro services.
- Experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbooks.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Created service in Ansible for automation of the continuous deployment.
- Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation and Terraform Templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker, which was setup in Vagrant, AWS and VPCs.
- Created and managed daily/weekly builds using Jenkins for CI/CD and used pipeline plug-in for managing multi project jobs efficiently. Used Terraform for server provisioning.
- Written, Planned and Created the Infrastructure as code using Terraform and used it to create infrastructure in AWS and maintained using Ansible and Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of applications across multiple cloud providers.
- Expertise in writing new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform. Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory) and Deployed Apps using custom Ruby modules.
- Developed and maintained automated tools for internal department workflows utilizing Ruby and Python.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Developed and implemented an Agile SDLC and refinement of the Software Configuration Management ( SCM ) infrastructure.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS , Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Used Maven as a dependency management tool to manage all the dependencies that are required. Maintained backups and restore activities for SVN, Jenkins.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile Continuous Integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for build and deployment for internal Data Centre Servers. Also, re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 Instances.
- Evaluated, Installed, and configured various JIRA plug-ins systems based on the requirement.
- Performed code management activities using Git and responsible for code branching and merging. Automated the process of release by pushing all the code to GitHub.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using Poll SCM option. Involved in the migration of code from Subversion (SVN) to Git.
- Configured Splunk to build, and to maintain log analysis for various systems and have developed Splunk queries, dashboards for understanding application performance, capacity analysis and worked on set up of various dashboards, reports and alerts in Splunk.
- Establishment of Chef Best practices to system deployment with tools with vagrant and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled. Used Chef on AWS platform - AWS Ops Works.
- Performed all necessary day-to- day GIT support for different projects, Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, and the access control strategies.
- Expertise in setting up Chef repo, Chef workstations, chef nodes, development of Chef Recipes through knife command-line tool to create Chef cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Integrate Splunk with AWS deployment using Puppet to collect data from all database server systems into Splunk.
- Developed Chef Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database, Users, Mount Points, and Packages. Responsible for writing Chef Cookbooks to configure nodes.
- Wrote PowerShell script to automate Config file deployment instances to staging and UAT environment.
- Automated build processes using PowerShell, Team Build, MSBuild, VBScript and workflow definitions within Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Provided ongoing support and administration for Subversion (SVN), ANT build automation.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Experience in building, deploying and integrating Java-based web applications in a UNIX, including exposure to J2EE/.NET architecture using Maven and MS build.
- Implemented and manipulated Shell and Perl scripts for release and build automation to suit the requirement.
- Wrote Shell scripts to handle server processing Migrating applications from .Net to Monitoring applications/servers performance with Splunk, Jenkins, etc.
- Worked on Apache, WebLogic and JBoss web application servers. Maintained the applications among WebLogic run-time processes in a cluster of application servers.
- Extensive knowledge and administration experience in JIRA and knowledge on other Atlassian products like Bamboo.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the Artifacts within the company. Configuration and Administration of Tomcat/Apache Web Server and SSL.
Built Release Engineer
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Administering organization level source code repositories in GitHub .
- Creating new Git user accounts based on employment type and giving them read and write access on approval of concern project or team manager. Merged release branches to the master after the production release and resolved the conflicts if any during the merge in GIT.
- Setup and configured GitHub Enterprise in conjunction with Jenkins as Continuous Integration platform
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration tool: creating new jobs, managing required plugins, configuring the jobs selecting required source code management tool, build trigger, build system and post build actions, scheduled automatic builds, notifying the build reports.
- Merged release branches to the master after the production release and resolved the conflicts if any during the merge in GIT.
- Providing on-going support and administration for Subversion (SVN), and ANT build automation.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Built a multi-threaded PERL backend to process the jobs, taking advantage of the multiple CPUs on the machine. Used Ant to perform daily and weekly Software Builds.
- Created and modified several UNIX shell Scripts according to the changing needs of the project and client requirements. Managed Linux staging and testing environments.
- Installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server, Apache Tomcat and JBoss.
- Created analytical matrices reports, dash boards for release services based on JIRA tickets.
- Involved in JIRA as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plugins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, GitHub.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Troubleshoot build issues in Jenkins, performance and generating metrics on master's performance along with jobs usage.
Confidential, Grapevine, Tx
- Experience with configuration, installation, implementation, management, maintenance and support for the Corporate Linux servers RHEL 4x, 5.x, CENTOS 5.x.
- Setup and maintained NFS, NIS , and TCP/IP network, configured the systems for TCP/IP Networking with the existing LAN, setting up SSH and SCP features between SUN systems and other Red Hat / UNIX hosts.
- Designed, supported, and maintained Oracle Real Application Clusters supporting business critical applications on HP Proliant BL465/BL685 & Integrity Itanium2 platforms on RHEL 4 & 5 .
- Implemented the Jumpstart in Solaris servers and Kickstart in Linux Servers to mechanize the server works for numerous profiles.
- Worked on Linux Logical Volume (LVM), created volume groups, Logical volumes, file systems, and troubleshooting.
- Performed package management using RPM, YUM, Apt-get and dpkg for maintaining stability and security of the servers.
- Set up the Linux Cron jobs for automating various build related jobs and application data synchronization jobs.
- Install, maintain and upgrade Drupal and Word press on LAMP stack and Configured LAMP Stack on Unix/Linux servers.
- Plan, build, and support new infrastructure including VMware ESXi and vSphere virtualization servers, new file-server and other resources and Implementing Kickstart/PXE-boot configuration for automating Linux installations.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Installing and assembling the hardware components and installing the operating systems Red hat, CentOS.
- Linux Administrator in a large team responsible for maintaining Linux operating systems such as RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu and SUSE 10/11
- Design and implement a DNS/DHCP solution to replace current aging system. Solution required 99.9% uptime via Linux clustering.
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining Squid server in Linux. Deployed Java applications into Apache Tomcat Application Servers. Used Test driven approach for developing the application and Implemented the unit tests using Python Unit test framework.
- Implemented software RAID at install-time and run-time on Linux.
- Diagnose and correct problems with network services and any other hardware issues in AIX and Linux servers.
- Involvement with the Customer care and Deployment teams in trouble shooting and fixing day-to-day problems of the applications in production on 24/7 schedules.