- Systems engineer with ten plus years of experience in an enterprise environment.
- Advanced knowledge in Confidential vSphere and Windows support and administration
- . Strong ability to work with services and applications.
- Strong experience with Confidential vSphere suite products from 4.x to 6.5 in administration, implementation and architecture.
- Projects such as complete vCenter rebuild, SRM implementation, and integration with Cisco ACI.
- Strong experience in Windows environment in maintenance, load balancing, monitoring, and troubleshooting. Strong experience in create, manage, and troubleshoot User, Group objects and email accounts in Confidential AD. Created and modified GPO.
- Good experience in supporting hosting services such as IIS and SQL.
- Team lead experience in, mentoring and motivating technicians involved in Confidential migration project.
- Good experience in supporting Exchange 2007 and 2013 in administration, troubleshooting and day to day tasks.
- VCP550 - DCV and VCP6-DCV certified
- Systems Engineer Support Roles for both Windows and Linux based.
- SME in vSphere support and implementation. Troubleshooting issues and detailed analysis for recommendations and changes.
- DR project to architect and rebuild vSphere from 5.5 to 6.0, and to 6.5; implementation of SRM and vSphere Replication, re-architect storage, vDS network in a linked vCenter/multiple cluster environment. Integration with Cisco ACI 3.1. Implementing new Cisco UCS hardware in building out ESXi servers, configuring network and LUN/NFS storage network.
- Supporting Confidential ver. 9 and older, in troubleshooting, configuration and issues with OnCommand Manager and Confidential OnTap.
- Provide SQL maintenance and troubleshooting tasks and projects.
- Administration and troubleshooting in hybrid on-prem AD and O365 Azure environment.
- Projects such as migrating DHCP services from 2008 to 2012, DHCP and DNS record cleanup, and decommissioning DC’s. Modifying GPO’s, AD Sites/Services and DFS namespace redirect.
- Migration of On-Prem Exchange 2013 to O365 in a hybrid environment.
- Powershell scripting for common Exchange and AD tasks as well as PowerCLI for vCenter.
Confidential, Broomfield, Colorado
Technical Support Engineer
- Provide production support specializing in system operations products such as vSphere 4.x to 5.5 for customers ranging from small to enterprise level and covering top three level of severities.
- Responsible for resolving cases submitted to Confidential by phone queue and web assigns. Ranging from installation, configuration, break/fix to consultative inquiries.
- Requirement of other dependent technologies such as Active Directory, SQL database, networking, storage and hardware.
- Working with other engineers to provide assistance in resolving cases in other areas of expertise, escalation of cases and assist in bug reports to product engineers.
- Documentation of support cases and contribution to KB articles published by Confidential .
Confidential, Denver, Colorado
Sr. Systems Administrator
- Provide server support for Wintel servers, approximately 800+ remote and onsite servers for LMDC/Hosting services.
- Support duties such as installation, configuration, management, change requests projects and any other duties within winserv support including IIS, SQL, application clustering, backup, patching, monitoring, consolidation and migration.
Confidential, Denver, Colorado
- Provide patching and windows updates to windows servers, registry modifications and firmware updates to various devices such as Confidential Confidential and Confidential Confidential .
Jeppesen - Denver, Colorado
Intel Systems Administrator
- Provide Windows 2003/2008 physical and virtual server support for remote and onsite servers, ticket handling of break/fix issues, domain accounts, OUs, and AD administration. Maintenance of vSphere environment. Approximately 2000+ servers remote and on site.
- Provide Exchange 2007 administration in accounts and mailboxes. Troubleshooting client account issues and working closely to senior Exchange administrator in projects and other issues.
- Various project work in hosting applications, support technologies such as Citrix Xenapp, Netbackup, middleware configuration such as IIS, server build design and architecture.
- Support NOC related duties such as cable runs, server building, racking, decommissioning, and other hardware related support tasks.
Confidential, Denver, Colorado (Contract)
Systems Administrator - Global Server and Storage Team
- Provide physical and virtual server support for remote and onsite Windows and Linux servers, ticket handling of break/fix issues, Approximately 900+ servers remote and on site; Confidential Confidential 3.x maintenance, host build and other Confidential related support role.
- Support duties such as installation, configuration, management, change requests projects and any other duties within team support such as managing AD, domain accounts, OUs, Exchange mailboxes and distribution lists. Maintenance of DNS and DHCP.
- Physical work setting up datacenter racks, rack servers, routing cables and patch panels; initial configuration and physical install of other related equipment such as SAN.
- Work with hardware from Confidential, Confidential, Confidential, Confidential and Confidential .
Confidential, Denver, Colorado
Sr. Systems Administrator - Windows Support Team
- Provide server support for servers of multiple accounts, approximately 800+ remote and onsite servers. Support duties such as installation, configuration, management, change requests projects and any other duties within winserv support including IIS, SQL, application clustering, backup, patching, monitoring, disaster recovery and Citrix server support.
- Confidential Confidential 3.x Maintenance, Confidential host build, Confidential, building and upgrading Confidential guest servers through virtual center.
- Utilize tools such as Bladelogic, Patchlink, Tivoli, and managed Sharepoint intranet sites in the environment.
Confidential Corporation/IGI - Colorado Springs, Colorado
Migration Team Lead - Confidential US Postal Services ACE II Project
- Team lead in project of Confidential migration of servers on Confidential Confidential 3.0.2 platform. Include initial planning, design and troubleshooting migration process to ensure successful migration, utilized Platespin Migrate.
- , mentoring and motivating technician members to perform Confidential in massive quantities for 1st and 3rd shifts, over 1000+ servers migrated.
- Supported in enterprise environment of 2000+ physical servers and built several new virtual production and dev servers for special project.
- Assist in Confidential host migration from one datacenter to another, including building hosts. Support in break/fix for guest VMs, including hosts, and patching process for hosts. Research and documentation of support procedures of the Confidential environment.
- Provide server support for Confidential, then transferred to Confidential account, approximately 1000+ onsite and remote servers for Confidential Account, 900 servers for Confidential .
- Support duties such as maintenance, problem support, change projects and any other duties within winserv support, including patch management, Windows clustering support issues.
- Physical work setting up datacenter racks, rack servers, routing cables and patch panels; initial configuration and physical install of other related equipment. Confidential Confidential Maintenance, Confidential, building, and upgrading Confidential guest servers through virtual center. Troubleshooting of server hosting applications such as IIS, Citrix, SQL, MS Exchange, clustering.
- Backup and recovery services using NetBackup 5.1.