- Professional with 7+ years of IT Experience and ability to accomplish all aspects of the software configuration management (SCM) process, systems deployment engineering (SDE), Cloud infrastructure and CI/CD pipeline in DevOps or Build/Release stream.
- Expertise in DevOps, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, End - to End Delivery Automation which includes Azure, Amazon Web Services(AWS), Jenkins, Maven, GitHub, Ant, SonarQube, Ansible, Chef, Tomcat, JBoss, and various Linux servers.
- Worked on Agile SDLC process projects.
- Experience in migrating On-premise infrastructure to cloud platforms like AWS/Azure and involved in virtualization using (VMware), Open Stacks and infrastructure orchestration using containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Worked with ARM templates and scripts using Azure PowerShell during Automation and Build Process.
- Proficient knowledge with Helm charts to manage and release of helm packages.
- Experience in Designing and implementing Microsoft Azure Solutions across a range of cloud models like SaaS, PaaS, IaaS , and integrated on-premise, on-demand workloads with the Azure public cloud.
- Best practice in managing Azure infrastructure , Azure storage accounts and deploying workloads on Azure virtual machines (VMs), virtual networks, cloud services, resource groups, express route, traffic manager, VPN, load balancing, application gateways, auto-scaling and cloud services into secure V-Nets and subnets.
- Build servers using AWS includes importing necessary volumes, launching EC2 instance, S3 for object static web pages, store project related docs and created security groups, auto scaling, load balancer, Route 53, and SNS as per the architecture using Infrastructure As A Code(IAAC) tools like Cloud formation JSON templates
- Experience in AWS cloud computing platform , that includes various resources like EC2, Glue , load-balancing with ELB, messaging with SQS, Custom monitoring analysis using CloudWatch , Autoscaling architectures and using EBS under high I/O requirements .
- Experience in migrating the Legacy application into GCP platform and managing the GCP services.
- Worked on Google cloud platform ( GCP ) services like compute engine, cloud load balancing, cloud storage, cloud SQL, stack driver monitoring and cloud deployment manager .
- Experience in containerization, setting up Docker and creating new images and getting images from Docker Hub, worked on Docker images and containers for deploying applications.
- Participated in gathering User stories and converted to requirements and analysis.
- Involved and suggested architectural designs for cloud-based migrations.
- Extensive experience in implementing a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes Infrastructure and Microservice Container Orchestration .
- Experience in configuring and managing Chef master server, upload cookbooks through knife, test recipes in Kitchen and other chef tools like Supermarket, Inspec and building workflows with Chef Automate.
- Experience in Designing, Installing and Implementing Ansible configuration management system and in writing playbooks for Ansible deploying applications and maintained role-based access control by using Ansible Tower to manage web applications, Environment configuration files, Users and Packages.
- Experience in Installing and configuring Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery(CI/CD) PIPELINE JENKINS with various required plugins and configured Apigee Proxy bundle
- Proficient in defining build pipelines in addition to creating and maintaining multiple jobs.
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of various applications across multiple cloud providers.
- Did POC on Application and Network Performance Monitoring tools like Zabbix, Splunk, Nagios and Icinga 2.
- Excellent skills in Unix Shell/Bash/Python scripting and good C programming knowledge.
- Extensive experience in setup, configuration, upgrade, maintenance, performance monitoring and troubleshooting on various UNIX Platforms and different Linux platforms, VMWARE and system software and hardware.
- Extensive working knowledge on automation for deployment/configuration of different application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss; Web Servers like Apache Tomcat and Web containers like Nginx etc
- Configured f5 load balancer threshold rules and supported f5 ticket issues
- Administered various flavors of Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris, Ubuntu, Fedora) and worked on Logical Volume Manager (LVM), Kickstart, Bonding, LAMP and LDAP.
- Managed on-prem VMWARE VSPHERE hosts and troubleshooted various Network related issues
- Expertise in the web server technologies such as Nginx, Apache HTTP Server, SSH, SFTP, IPTables, Fail2Ban, etc
- Experience on setting up Machine Learning Environment which includes Tensorflow, conda, Python3 etc
- Experience on bigdata projects administration which includes configuration and support of nodes, ram management, Spark configuration, Hartonworks Hadoop cluster installation etc
DEVOPS & CLOUD SKILLS:
CI/CD: Jenkins, VSTS, GitHub, Maven, SonarQube, Nexus OSS, Bamboo, ANT, Confluence, JIRA.
Cloud Platforms: Amazon Web services, Azure, Open stack, Open shift, PCF, GCP
Microservices: Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS
Monitoring, Logging and Alerting: Zabbix, Icinga2, Nagios, ELK stack, Splunk, Cloud Watch, SNS
Distributed Messaging Platform: KAFKA
Infrastructure Automation: Ansible, Terraform, Chef
Test Automation: Golem, Junit, Selenium
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Web Logic, WebSphere, WebSphere Commerce Server
Web Servers: Nginx, Apache HTTP
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux(RedHat and other flavors), CentOS, Ubuntu
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g/12c, Mongo DB, MySQL
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, OSPF, BGP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, SMTP, NTP, LAN, MPLS, MTA, FTP/TFTP, IS-IS
Other Tools: Zabbix, Icinga2, Nagios, Grafanna, Clearquest, HP ALM, IBM DOORS, MyWorkshop, Tensorflow
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Working as cloud Engineer, involved in configuration for Web apps/Function apps, V-net integration, HCM, Application gateway, App Insights, Active directory, Azure Key Vault, Encryption and Security on Azure .
- Configured and implemented storage blobs and Azure files - Created Storage accounts, Configured the Content Delivery Network (CDN), custom domain, Managing access and storage access key
- Experience in Windows Azure Services like PaaS, IaaS and worked on storages like Blob (Page and Block), Sql Azure. Well experienced in deployment & configuration management and Virtualization.
- Part of a team of DevOps engineer for infrastructure support on Azure and GCP cloud.
- Worked on various Azure services like Compute (Web Roles, Worker Roles), Azure Websites, Caching, SQL Azure NoSQL, Storage, Network services, Azure Active Directory, API Management, Scheduling, Auto Scaling, and PowerShell Automation.
- Built the process of remediation for Azure resources, by automating using JSON Templates and PowerShell scripts and deploy it using build and release pipeline in VSTS.
- Automated the ML and AI research teams’ infrastructure in Google Cloud by using Deployment Manager templates for various services in GCP.
- Configured KVM’s in GCP with Tensorflow, Python3, NumPy, Scikit-learn, SciPy, Spacy, Anaconda for ML teams.
- Configured GCP Firewall rules to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN (content delivery network) to deliver content from GCP cache locations drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Developed microservice on boarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Created Docker containers on Azure with Kubernetes to create self-environments for dev teams and containerization of environments delivery for releases.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, and Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes deployment and service files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application lifecycle. Worked on various Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry .
- Created Docker images from scratch and customized and modified base images from existing environment configurations and maintaining the image repository for development teams.
- Created Ansible roles in YAML and defined tasks, variables, files, handlers and templates. Created inventory and configured the Ansible files for parallel deployment in Ansible for automating the Continuous delivery process
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems. Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment.
- Experience on Azure Site Recovery , Operations Management Suite, Power shell Scripts and ARM templates.
- Experience in using Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard, and role-based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Worked on Integration of Jenkins APIGEE, Master-client setup , clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Deployed Docker containers like NGINX and Apache HTTP on Azure cloud.
- Involved in configuration and support of on-prem virtualization hosted on VMWARE ESXI
- Did spinup various linux boxes on VMWARE ESXI platform which includes RHEL6, Scientific Linux, HELIOS etc.
- Used Splunk to monitor the system logs and predict infrastructure faults as well as notify the incident management system upon exceeding thresholds.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control and also Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT .
- Extensive exposure to configuration management policies along with automation of scripting using Bash/Shell scripting.
- Written Power Shell scripts for archiving and moving of older log files to Azure Storage and automation scripts using python.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks ensuring the successful completion of tasks in sprint.
Environment: Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, GIT, Ansible, Maven, ELK, Apache Tomcat, Python, Power Shell, Windows/RHEL/CentOs/HeliOs/ scientific Linux, Splunk.
Confidential, Waukesha, WI
Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Designed, configured, managed and supported private cloud infrastructure Amazon Web Services (AWS). Which has various services like EC2 , Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer, Cloud Watch and IAM.
- Did POC on Icinga2, Nagios, Splunk, ZenOs and ZABBIX. Suggested and implemented Zabbix as a monitoring solution, depending on project requirements
- Documented the deployment process of Zabbix tool and its Infrastructure Design for project.
- Implemented a globally distributed monitoring practices with Proxies and Agents to manage the monitoring load across globe NA, SA, APAC, EU regions.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewed system and application logs and verified completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, IAM, Redshift, Lambda, Security Groups, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, SNS, Optimized volumes and Cloud Formation templates.
- Implemented AWS high-availability using AWS Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), which performed a balance across instances in multiple Availability Zones.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources like VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group , Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON template
- Configured and administered AWS Site-to-Site VPN(IPsec) and AWS Client VPN
- Managed AWS EC2 instances using Kafka Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT.
- Automated OpenStack and AWS deployment using Cloud Formation, Ansible and Terraform, also deployed and administered Open stack services .
- Worked on Terraform for deploying infrastructure in AWS as per the requirement.
- Involved in using Terraform migrate legacy and monolithic systems to Amazon Web Services and provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and cloud formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Worked on Docker-Compose, Docker-Machine to create Docker containers for testing applications in the QA environment and automated the deployments, scaling and management of containerized servers include tomcat/WebSphere Commerce Server/http and applications across clusters of hosts.
- Worked with Docker on multiple cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on public or private cloud.
- Played a major role in building Docker images
- Worked with CHEF Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Chef Recipes and Cookbooks & uploaded them to CHEF-server , Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using CHEF.
- Involved in setting up builds using Chef as a configuration management tool and managed the configurations of servers using Chef, configured Jenkins builds for continuous integration and delivery for deployment and implementation of Chef for infrastructure as code initiative.
- Maintained ELK(Elastic Search, Log stash, Kibana) Stack for Searching, routing and visualizing Logged Data.
- Involved in supporting cloud instances running Linux and Windows on AWS, experience with Elastic IP, Security Groups and Virtual Private Cloud in AWS.
- Supported application (WebLogic, JBoss) deployment teams, in installation, troubleshooting and log rotations, cleaning
- Troubleshooting the network issues involving TCP/IP, LAN/WAN networking, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, netstat and monitored the servers and Linux scripts regularly and performed troubleshooting.
Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Jenkins, Ansible, Maven, Terraform, Ansible, ELK, Tomcat, Shell, WebLogic, JIRA, GIT, Python, Linux(RHEL/CentOs/scientific Linux).
Confidential, BENTONVILLE, AR
Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Worked in AWS environment, instrumental in utilizing Compute Services (EC2, ELB), Storage Services (S3, Elastic Block Storage), Elastic Beanstalk, VPC, SNS, IAM and Cloud Watch .
- Implemented a POC to use the DevOps tools offered by AWS to create a CI/CD pipeline in AWS, using Code Pipeline, Opsworks, Code Build, Code Deploy and AWS S3/Bitbucket.
- Provided security and managed user access and quota using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), including creating new Policies for user management.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Created EBS volumes to store persistent data and mitigate failure by using snapshots. Performed Data Back-up of Amazon EBS volumes to S3 by taking point-in-time snapshots.
- Utilized Kibana to monitor and analyze the charts for on-prem infrastructure and migrated to Cloud W atch to monitor resources like EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB services, EBS volumes to set alarms for notification or automated actions to monitor logs for better understanding of the operations.
- Experience on bigdata projects administration which includes configuration and support of nodes, ram management, Spark configuration, Hartonworks Hadoop cluster installation etc
- Installed Ranger in all environments for Second Level of security in Kafka Broker
- Extensively used Maven tool to do the builds, integrated Maven to Eclipse and did local builds .
- Configured apigee-edge-maven-plugin for building and deploying the Apigee ApiProxy's/Application bundles into Apigee Edge Platform.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in artifactory.
- Expertise in creating Chef Cookbooks/Recipes, custom resources, libraries, etc. Implemented exception handling using chef handler.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Bash scripts.
- Tested Chef Cookbook modifications on cloud instances in AWS and using Test Kitchen and Chef Spec and used Ohai to collect attributes on node. Worked on Chef DK which takes of care creating cookbooks and recipes.
- Build and configured Jenkins slaves for parallel job execution.
- Implemented Jenkins Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS and used to automate the build process and deploy the application to Tomcat server.
- Extensive knowledge in continuous integration tool Jenkins with different plugins like Git hub, Artifactory and SonarQube.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Webserver, Nginx and Application Servers such as Tomcat.
- Managing batch jobs in Unix for data automated import/export of data and system automation programming using Perl, Bash, Shell scripting .
- Involved in developing Splunk queries and dashboards targeted Confidential understanding application performance and capacity analysis.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring of various proprietary Axiom and 3rd party applications using Splunk and Cloud Watch in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Chef, Git, Maven, Tomcat, Splunk, Nagios, Ruby, Bash, Linux(RHEL/CentOS).
Build and Release Engineer
- Involved in projects that move to production and work closely with the Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in Sona type NEXUS repository.
- Implemented automation of Builds and Release management using Jenkins to achieve CI/CD in a project.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process and resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
- Worked with Jenkins API's to know various things like build status, count of builds, Git commit version used by Jenkins builds etc.
- Solid experience in developing and deploying the applications on Tomcat Apache servers and maintaining Load balancing, High availability and Failover .
- Written Bash shell scripts for getting information about various Linux servers and web applications and testing services on daily basis.
- Involved in supporting ESX 3/5 VMware Infrastructure environment.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for continuous integration and performed continuous deployments
- Creating the build script using the ANT as build tool, for Java and .Net web applications.
- Worked on JIRA for tracking and updating the JIRA tickets and per assigned and Maintained JIRA Administration/User documentation in Confluence.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus.
- Managing permission for files and directories with chmod and managing different kind of services like DHCP, FTP, NFS, Apache Web Server.
- Worked together with application teams to do changes to the configuration of the web servers and Apache Tomcat servlet container
- Organized and Coordinated Product Releases, work closely with product development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases.
Environment: : ANT, Subversion, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, Eclipse, NEXUS, Oracle, DB2 MS SQL Server, Java, J2EE, Ruby, Shell, Windows, Linux.
- Administered Users and User groups on Linux boxes for various projects
- Worked on Installation, Configuration and administration of DNS, NFS, NIS on REDHAT Linux/Debian Servers. Configured and managed ESX VM’s with the virtual center and VI clients.
- Configuring the services for sharing the resources from Unix such as remote login through TELNET, FTP, SSH, SFTP, SCP.
- Involved in installing hosts and supporting ESX 3/5 VMware Infrastructure environment.
- Installed and configured WebLogic and WebSphere Application Servers (WAS) / WebSphere Commerce Server(WCS).
- Involved in setting up accounting systems and performing ongoing system with the administrative tasks. Extensive user and group management through shell scripting .
- Solid network and systems troubleshooting experience with HTTP\HTTPS, SFTP, FTP, NFS, SMTP, SSH, NTP and TCP/IP, Internet Security, encryption.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Developed various Bash/shell scripts to automate resource, job monitoring and alerting.
- Conduct day-to-day tasks in RHEL that included upgrading rpms, kernel, HBA driver, configuring SAN Disks, multipathing and LVM file system .
- Involved in implementing KVM for virtualizations.
- Worked on Volume management , Disk Management, software RAID solutions using VERITAS Volume manager & Solaris Volume Manager.
- Implementing Kickstart configuration for automating Linux installations
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as Iptables, firewall, ports, TCP wrappers, NMAP.
Environment: Linux, LVM, LAMP, Tomcat, Jira, Confluence, VM Ware, Oracle, MySQL, Red hat, Yum, RPM, Putty, DNS server, Shell scripts.