Experienced and versatile Lead Hadoop Administrator who provides expertise installing, configuring, deploying and administering small to large - scale environments. I have a MapR Hadoop Administrator certification that I am current on. Also experienced in planning, designing, setup, and configuration of infrastructure platforms using Dell, IBM, and/or Confidential UCS blade systems. Key areas of strength: design, implement, and operate experience with a MapR Hadoop infrastructure running MapR Tables (HBASE), Pig, Hive, Spark, Mesos, and Elastic Search. The Hive implementation was setup to run in a multi-user environment rather than a single instance environment. Strong technical skills blend with interpersonal skills, a customer service attitude and the ability to manage multiple assignments efficiently under pressure while meeting tight deadlines.
Confidential, RTP, NC
- Plan, design, setup, and deploy MapR Hadoop servers running on Red Hat Linux servers on Confidential C240’s and Hadoop clients running on Red Hat Linux virtual servers while using Spacewalk (Opensource version of RHN Satellite) for kickstarting, package management and configuration management.
- Deployed VMWare ESX 4.1 servers running on Confidential UCS blade systems.
- Developed bash scripts for securing and hardening linux servers in classified closed room environments.
- Configured Red Hat repository servers for updating the Spacewalk server which would download packages daily from Red Hat but would use scripting involving hard links to save on data storage.
Confidential, Durham, NC
Senior IT Analyst / Systems Administrator
- Deploy Red Hat Linux servers and a large scale physical and virtual environment using kickstart.
- Configuration of Apache web servers and MySQL databases.
- Writing detailed documentation for install and deployment procedures.
- Setup Linux authentication to Windows Active Directory for single user sign on implementation using past experience.
- Led in project planning of PGP encryption of laptops and desktops.
Confidential, La Jolla, CA
- Plan, design, setup, nstall, and troubleshoot Red Hat Linux operating system on IBM Blade servers using customized kickstart scripts.
- Setup perl scripts to automate follow up configuration on Blade Center, Confidential ESM’s, and IBM SAN.
- Configure Confidential switches for bonded networks on copper and fiber.
- Reduced setup time from two weeks to two hours using customized perl and bash scripts to fully automate install process.
Confidential, Southlake, TX
Senior Systems Administrator
- Configure and update Bind (DNS), Apache (web), and MySQL (database) servers running Red Hat and Gentoo Linux.
- Setup kickstart files for consistent clustering images running in a Xen environment.
- Helped design and setup Windows Active Directory environment for single user sign on implementation.
- Setup scripts for automated backup of database servers.
- Setup and configured clustered Dell Blade servers for production environment.
- Setup NFS and ISCSI mounts on a NetApp NAS device.
- Helped separate web environments into a true multi-tiered application layer instead of a single tier environment.
Confidential, Arlington, TX
Linux Software Engineer / Systems Administrator
- Support and setup military flight simulators.
- Deploy Red Hat Linux, Microsoft Windows 2000/2003 servers in a large scale environment (300+ servers) while writing detailed documentation of the process.
- Perform custom recompilation of the Red Hat Linux kernel as needed.
- Build custom rpms for in-house software.
- Administer Red Hat Linux and Gentoo Linux Servers.
- Configured a Microsoft Windows unattended network installer from a Linux samba server.
- Configured BIND DNS in a split network environment.
- Setup Windows 2000 and 2003 Active Directory servers to allow authentication of Linux servers.
- Configured and administer NIS+ servers.
- Configure network changes and topology on Confidential routers.
- Configured single user sign on environment for Linux and Windows systems.
- Used VMWare for testing as well as production environment.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Network Engineer/Linux Administrator
- Administer all Linux DNS servers, web servers, SSL servers, MySQL servers, email servers, ha clusters, and load balancers.
- Update websites using HTML and PHP. Setup online web apps using PHP with a MySQL backend database as well as scp-jails for secure customer data transfers.
- I also have setup Confidential routers using frame relay for connection to remote terminals.
- I have been working on a future project to setup a samba server for some of our remote locations.
- Setup a fully opensource clustered email environment to replace our Exchange server to save costs and improve uptime.