- IT professional with over 8 years of progressive industry experience and proven record of implementing and supporting enterprise solutions. Specializes in Cloud Security, Information System Audit, Networking, Identity and Access Management, Threat Analysis/Intelligence, Risk Assessment, IT Control implementation, product and tools support, Security and Compliance Analysis. Self - motivated problem solver with extensive experience in incidence response, vulnerability management, NIST and SOX Audit.
- Possess a unique skill-set in using security data to enhances business processes to drive IS Compliance and Information Security Intelligence in order to reduces organizational risks.
- Possess strong interpersonal, team building and customer interaction skills.
- Extensive experience in SIEM operations and implementation, administration, implementation and monitoring. Working as a part of the Threat Intelligence team performing, data security, Triage events, Incident Analysis, malware analysis, advanced cyber threat detection & security advisory integration with RSA Netwitness.
- Developed specific content necessary to implement Security Use Cases and transform into correlation queries, templates, reports, rules, alerts, dashboards, and workflow.
- Experience in planning, monitoring, and updating security programs and advanced technical information security solutions.
- Experienced using various security End-Point Protection tools
- Worked on data loss and prevention tools - McAfee DLP and McAfee FRP
- Experience developing strategic plans for agency-wide implementation to address the operations of client services, product support, and quality assurance.
- Hands-on experience writing correlation rules based on business use cases independently.
- Experience in handling cyber security risk management framework assessments; ensuring enterprise cyber security policies fully support all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Perform User Behavioral Analytics through (Advanced Threat Analytics) to identify suspicious activities on the network in several phases of Cyber Attack Kill Chain.
Operating Systems: Windows (XP- 8.1), Windows Server (2008, 2012), Linux/Unix familiarity
Security Tools:: RSA SIEM - NetWitness, RSA eCat, RSA SecurID, RSA Archer, Nexpose, Beyond Trust, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (McAfee ePO), McAfee DLP, McAfee FRP, McAfee Drive Encryption, McAfee ENS, CyberArk, AirWatch MDM, Tripwire.
AWS Services: Cloud formation, AWS Lambda, EC2, S3, IAM, Config, CloudWatch, Guard Duty, CloudTrail
Data Analytic and Tools: Tableau, Spotfire, AWS QuickSight, Xtraction
Protocols: OSI, TCP/IP, DHCP, UDP, SSH, TFTP, FTP, SMTP, NTP, LDAP, Active Directory, AAA, DES, 3DES, AES, MD5, VPN (IPsec and SSL), DNS, SNMP.
Programming Language: SQL, R, Python, PowerShell
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Cyber Security Engineer
- Lead the design and implementation of IT Audit GRC Compliance workflow automation process in CyberOne using SalesForce.
- Plan, develop, and execute security data analytics using Business Intelligence tools (Tibco Spotfire, Xtraction, Tableau ) and act as the data security analytics subject matter expert (SME) supporting the IT Compliance team, Risk Management team, Information Security team and all other functional units with regards to IS security data.
- Managed third party/vendor risk assessment oversight for security applications/tools - check for data security protection mechanism (data-at-rest & data-in-transit), data retention, application authentication, access control, incident response, media protection and regulatory and compliance standard the vendor adhere to
- Advance knowledge in security threat intelligence gathering from various security tools such as Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Systems - RSA Netwitness, RSA eCAT, CyberArk, Active Directory, Identity Management (IDM), Nexpose, and Infoblox.
- Perform the review of the RSA Security SIEM log and NetWitness Security Event Log - analyze various logs from various appliances such as Cisco IDS, Proofpoint, Big-IP, Snort, application firewalls; thus providing a strong threat intelligence security data point for the Information Security team.
- Work extensively on various streams of Identity and Access Management (IAM) compliance with regards to - account management, web access management (Citrix VDI), password management and user provisioning systems using LANDesk, CyberArk and Active Directory (AD)
- Develop and monitor Risk Management central data repository, in order to identify potential threats and vulnerabilities, tracking identified gaps and recommended technical remediation.
- Assess and review periodically over 24 enterprise and security endpoint agents, in order to evaluate and track the agent deployment process on all active endpoints and ensure swift agent deployment for non-compliant endpoints.
- Provide Executive Security Metrics and Dashboards on various compliance and security findings to Executive Management.(i.e. SIEM metrics, Asset Inventory report, Security Agent gap analysis report, patch and vulnerability management status report, Active Directory Metrics)
- Subject Matter Expert & training facilitator for IS Security and Compliance data analyses, using data to drive organization’s Security, Risk and Compliance exercises.
- Perform security monitoring, vulnerability management, risk management and security incident response in identifying, coordinating and remediating various identified vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of AWS cloud computing concepts and cloud infrastructure technologies services such as config, IAM, CloudWatch events, Guard Duty, CloudTrail etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience of IT Security and Compliance Tools such as Tripwire, NetWitness, Cylance, Beyond Trust, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (McAfee ePO), McAfee DLP, RSA MFA, RSA SIEM, CyberArk, AirWatch MDM.
Confidential, Irving, TX
Cyber Security / Information Security and Compliance Analyst
- Performed Audit Readiness with the aim of reducing audit findings/weaknesses for various regulatory compliance control frameworks such as ISO 27001, GDPR, NIST (, 171), SOX, and PCI
- Audited application, database and infrastructure technologies. Specific areas include but are not limited to application, operating system, database, data in transit, web-based technology controls, change management, problem management, business continuity and disaster recovery controls and infrastructure (e.g. Microsoft Windows, Linux, UNIX, database management systems, Citrix VDI, and networks)
- Led and managed audit project work streams in system security, controls or Information Security environment, specifically with knowledge in one or more of the following information security domains: Security Architecture, Risk Management, Identity & Access Management, Data Leakage Prevention, Encryption, Access Control, Audit & Accountability, Configuration Management, Incident Response, Media Protection, Systems & Communication Protection
- Advanced knowledge in audit planning, testing, documentation (i.e., controls design, test plans, narratives, process flowcharts and other work papers)
- Planned, implemented and monitored the NIST Test Plan development, Compliance Readiness testing, Gap Assessment, Findings and Remediation. Engaged with various applications/business owners and Control Performers in the comprehensive NIST evidence testing exercise for 110 NIST controls.
- Performed SOX Audit Design Effectiveness (DE) testing, Mock Audit, Operational Effectiveness (OE) testing and Roll Forward testing. Ensure all control deficiencies are remediated in a timely manner.
- Developed solutions to a variety of complex identified gaps, performed detailed Root Cause Analysis and make recommendations to business/process owners and management.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Business Solutions Engineer - SalesForce Administrator
- Implemented data migration of volunteer records from Excel into Salesforce.
- Designed and implemented fields, record types, and page layouts for the volunteer, mentor, student records based on the standard contact object.
- Created workflow rules that triggered task creation to track background check processing of new volunteers.
- Assist in the creation of a WordPress form to push data to Salesforce in support a self-service volunteer registration, to eradicate manual data entry of new volunteers.
- An active member of Dallas GiveForce stand-up of God’s Child's Salesforce instance from Donorperfect
- Participated in the security requirement gathering.
- Assisted in the implementation of the security model leveraging profiles, public groups, customizing the Organization Wide Default (OWD) settings, role hierarchies, sharing rules and field-level security levels.
- Assisted in the creation of users and assigning the appropriate profiles and tracking available licenses.
- Developed test plans and confirmed preliminary testing to ensure that the security setting meets business requirements.
- Performed risk based audits of major IT General Controls such as Change Management, User Access Control, and Application Controls.
- Performed Audit Readiness with the aim of reducing audit findings/weaknesses in various financial applications.
- Performed pre-deployment product and service testing for VISA Cards, Master Cards and other E-Bills merchants in compliance with government regulations and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Developed and initiated incident response scenarios to assess business continuity and disaster recovery planning activities.
- Selectively-chosen team member for a one year ERP application upgrade project; integrated and tested new add-ons to the Oracle Flexcube banking application system.
- Reconciled a $40-million settlement account and audited financial statements; 2-million transactions reviewed in 6-month timeframe. Awarded “Most Outstanding Staff in Centralized Operations”
- Identified and prevented $50Million of duplicated inflow and outflow transactions in a financial year.
- Reviewed all central ledger accounts for the Domestic Funds Transfers Unit; provided a weekly report to management in making business decisions.
- Subject Matter Expert & training facilitator for risk management and reconciliation processes for the Unit; developed materials and trained 40 staff members monthly.
- Performed daily server setup and maintenance; monitored network security and installed patches; minimizing system vulnerabilities.
- Created and maintained system access accounts and setup new user profiles.
- Managed network setup, coordinated Wi-Fi radio installations, troubleshoot and repair faulty workstation computers; minimizing impact to daily operations.