- 7+ years of experience in IT industry, primarily focused on Redhat Linux (4.x.5, x 6.x, 7.x)/Centos 5.x, .6.x, 5+ years’ experience in Solaris/ VMware vSphere ESX/ESXi 4.x, 5.x, 6.x environment, Websphere/ JBoss/ Tomcat/ Apache Administrator/Deployment coordinator, NetBackup, SAN Storage (Netapp, EMC), HP Hardware, Veritas Volume Manager.
- Strong Knowledge of disk management tools such as Disk suite, Veritas Volume manager, ZFS and logical volume manager.
- Working Knowledge of clustering tools such as Veritas Cluster server and redhat cluster suite.
- Build, implement and maintain system - level software packages such as OS, Clustering, disk, file management, backup, web applications, DNS, LDAP.
- Experienced in ITIL process implementation, Service Delivery, PMO/ IT Governance processes.
- Experience and understanding of reporting protocols and monitoring tools (syslog, snmp, SAMBA, Nagios, etc.).
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Experience in automation using tools like puppet and experience in writing scripts to update in crontab.
- Experience with virtualization, VMware Administration (ESX ESXi 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, /VSPHERE)
- Strong flow in VMware Networking concepts like creation of vSwitches, different types of port groups, NIC Teaming and VLAN Problem management on VMware ESX 5.x, 6.x and Virtual Center and vMotion
- Experience in supporting servers connected to EMC and HDS SAN using Qlogic Fabric cards and also involved in implementing multipathing using EMC powerpath and native multipathing.
- Expertise in PXE, Jumpstart and Kickstart installations for RHEL and Solaris OE.
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies such as VMware for RHEL and Solaris Zones & LDoM’s.
- Experience supporting applications like Apache, Tomcat, Weblogic and JBoss running on RHEL and Solaris.
- Ability to create Ubuntu/Debian (*.deb) packages
- Strong understanding of Ubuntu/Debian packaging standards
- Experience with standard Ubuntu/Debian packaging tools (dpkg, dh-make, debootstrap, pbuilder, etc.)
- Experience in supporting and implementing security on RHEL and Solaris using SELinux, IPtables and using PAM authentication.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking on Linux and Solaris servers.
- Experience supporting: Sunfire 25K, T-Series, M-Series Sun hardware, HP blades and DL series running Solaris 8/9/10 and RHEL 6/7/8
- Confidential solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of HPC and HA clusters, hardware, network fabric and storage servers.
- Managed Data Centers consisting of 200+ Rack and Blade Optimized Servers.
- Experienced on Managing Servers, Storages and Networks.
- Supported cross platform data access solutions to Banking Clients.
Operating Systems: RHEL 3.0, 4.x/ 5.x/6.x, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10, Sun Solaris 8, 9 and 10 Windows 2003, 2008, AIX 5L
Configuration Management Tool: Puppet, Chef, Docker and Ansible.
Programming Languages: C, C++, Perl, Shell, MySQL, Oracle, and SQL.
Unix Services & Tools: DNS, DHCP, NTP, HTTP, ssh, LDAP, SSH, SSL, sftp, rsync, grep, scp, awk, cvs
Storage Technologies: NetApp NAS, EMC Clariion, VNX, HDS, EMC Powerpath, Snap Mirror, Veritas NetBackup, Volume Manager
Virtualization Technologies: Solaris Zones, LDoM’s, VMWare ESX Server and Vsphere, VMotion
HPC Cluster Technologies: Nastran, Fluent, Infiniband, GPFS, PBS, Torque and Maui, MPI, OpenMP, PGI, Nagios, Ganglia.
- Performed in-depth analysis on patch requirements, and develop action plans for execution of patching updates that will remediate vulnerabilities as expected
- Build & execute and support the rollout of all patch/install strategy on Linux systems
- Provision and configure servers with mandated infrastructure components while following industry best practices
- Ensure ongoing operating system compliance with security protocols and regulatory standards
- Support ancillary systems utilized by infrastructure teams
- Resolve server and operating system infrastructure incidents
- Provide Tier 3 diagnostics/troubleshooting for infrastructure incidents and problems
- Provide Tier 3 assistance to Tier 1 and Tier 2 server teams
- Proactively monitored infrastructure health and capacity
- Provide audit and compliance data as required
- Managed HP & Cisco HW include blade Centers like C6000 & C7000 running VMWare and Linux.
- Perform Linux kernel upgrades and perform performance trouble shooting activities.
- Update software packages and apply security patches.
- Supported servers running different Java applications like Weblogic and JBoss applications.
- Involved in Shell and Perl scripting to automate jobs across Linux and Solaris servers.
- Experience in supported AWS Cloud and has experience supporting private and public cloud environments.
- Experience working with Automation tools like Puppet and Monitoring tools like Nagios.
- Managed VERITAS disks, Volumes & disk groups created on HDS SAN devices
- Managing plex and sub disk in Veritas disk groups to perform Volume mirroring.
- Disk space and File system management using Veritas File System.
- Managed patching using yum repository and satellite servers.
- Document change execution procedures as required by the change Management process and tool
- Install, configure and maintain physical and cloud servers running Linux
- Deliver repeatable, reliable systems using Chef
- Document operations and provide run books
- Participated in and provide feedback on systems engineering and design Troubleshoot infrastructure
- Performed system tuning activities
Linux/Solaris System Administrator
- Worked primarily on RHEL 4/5/6, HPUX and Solaris 8, 9 & 10 operating systems.
- Installed Sun Solaris 10, Veritas Cluster Server and Veritas Volume Manager.
- Worked as Confidential Program Manager/ ITIL Process Consultant
- Create, test, and maintain Ubuntu/Debian packages
- Configuring backend storage via EMC, Hitachi and NAS (Netapps) for optimal performance on clients
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of RHEL Operating System with Server Virtualization on VMware ESX 5,6, 7
- Worked on the EMC SAN/NAS Migration from DMX/VMAX to VNX for all the platforms, Red-Hat Linux, Solaris SVM, ZFS and VERITAS Volume Management. Experience configuring, managing and troubleshooting different hardwares such as HP, Dell and Cisco UCS.
- Experience migrating traditional data-center applications and databases into public clouds like AWS configure, baseline and implement code violation and license analysis tool black duck.
- Researching, designing and implementing best practice processes for multi-region deployments, disaster recovery and high availability.
- Deploy Confidential build infrastructure to create Ubuntu/Debian packages more efficiently
- Provide 24x7 production environment monitoring and support.
- Supported Linux and Solaris x86 VM’s running on VMWare ESX environment.
- Worked on configuring and maintaining Virtualization infrastructure on VMware ESXi and Virtual center deployment.
- Back-ups and recovery procedures using Veritas Netbackup Tool.
- Storage Array management with Veritas volume Manager Disk Management software.
- Resizing the VxVM file system size.
- Installation and configuration of Solaris/Linux on Sun and HP servers, using Flasharchive/Jumpstart/Kickstart and automating server deployment process.
- Experienced working on different remote console like HP-ILO, IDRAC and rackableroamer
- Experienced cloud computing technologies
- Troubleshooting hardware, software and configuration problems for various protocols and topologies.
- Worked on making DSN entries to established connection from server to DB2 database.
- Build channels and pull the packages from master RedHat satellite server.
- Manage user’s accounts for the team access for RedHat satellite server.
- Tuning the kernel parameters base on the application /database requirement.
- Provided Technical supports for internal users and resolved trouble shooting tickets.
Linux/Solaris Systems Administrator
- Provided Server hardware and Application support to Infocrossings Data Center group.
- Supported around 2000+ Linux and Solaris servers running Solaris 8/9/10/11 and Redhat Linux ES 4/5/6.
- Built Linux Compute Nodes using automated scripts (Kickstart scripts) and NFS server.
- Supported servers running on HP x86 and Oracle SPARC servers like T2000, M5000 and M400 servers.
- Supported Weblogic and Front-end Apache servers using MySQL and Oracle database servers.
- Supported Solaris 10 Zones and LDoM’s running on T Series and M Series servers.
- Experience decommissioning RHEL and Solaris servers connected to EMC SAN.
- Work with enterprise support team on security compliance and disaster recovery measures
- Worked on shell and perl scripting to automate the tasks in Linux and Solaris.
- Performed SAN migration activities at host level using LVM mirroring and Open Migrator.
- Work with software engineers, Oracle DBA's and customer service personnel to resolve issues and keep our environments operating smoothly.
- Linux deployment, administration, performance tuning, monitoring and account management.
- Provide 24x7 production environment monitoring and support.
- Manage and maintain existing computer systems hardware to minimize downtime and maintain Confidential high level of availability.
- Install, configure and integrate new computer systems hardware into the existing environment to meet customer requirements.
- Perform rhel 5.4 and Solaris 10 installation using kickstart and jumpstart methodologies.
- Implement High Availability using VCS 5.1.
- Written Shell scripts to check if all the servers have dual SAN paths that are live paths.
- Monitor and maintain normal system administration including the review of system logs, optimization tuning, patch control, and antivirus DAT deployment
- Implement and maintain ESX host clusters and security.
- Create scripts as necessary to automate routine processes
- Provided cross platform data access from Linux to Windows users by deploying Samba.
- Managed Users on Unix/Linux and Windows systems.
- Provided application support for various Engineering applications such as Ansys and Abaqus.
- Installed and configured remote graphics software.
- Gathered requirements from Engineering team and build application installation documents.
- Validated the Engineering requirements with Process Improvement teams.
- Installed and Managed Windows 2003 and 2008 Compute Cluster Edition.
- Managed Nodes, jobs and configuration using Win 2008 HPC Cluster Manager Tool
- Provided support to Engineering applications such as Nastran, Patran etc.
- Architecture & implemented DAS storage for Linux & Windows on Dell MD3000 Disk arrays.
- Helped troubleshoot engineers with Non-linear FEA startup files and database files.