- Devops Engineer with 3+ years of experience in Devops, automation, SCM, administration support, design, implementation, maintenance, tuning and troubleshooting of the servers running on various operating systems Red hat Linux /CentOS 4.x/5.x/6.x and VMWARE ESXI 5.0/5/1/5.5.
- Over 3 years of experience working on Continuous Integration and Delivery Platform as a DevOps Engineer.
- Experience in System Administration on Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu, IBM AIX, SUSE Linux, Sun Solaris Server environments.
- Experienced developing Spark scripts by using Scala shell commands.
- Experience using Terraform and Chef to implement infrastructure as code for automation purposes.
- Experience in working with various AWS Services like EC2, S3, ELB, Auto scaling, Route53, SNS, SES, Cloud Watch, RDS, Dynamo DB, VPC, Cloud Formation.
- Experience in implementing configuration management tools Puppet, Chef, Ansible and treating Infrastructure as Code
- Experience in managing servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Puppet, chef configuration management. Good Experience in build automation using JENKINS, MAVEN, ANT
- Experienced with writing recipes for application specific components such as Java, Tomcat and various third party applications sitting in the RPM repository.
Programming Languages: Python, Bash, Ruby .
Technologies: VMware, GIT, Cisco Switches and Routers, Chef (Configuration Management Tool), Ansible, AWS, Docker, Serverless Framework, Kubernetes.
Databases: MySQL, Oracle DB 12c, Maria DB, Dynamo DB.
Storage: HP 3PAR, MAS, S3 .
Tools: GIT, SBT, VCenter server, JIRA, CIMC, Splunk, SCCM, Spacewalk, Jenkins, Terraform, Rundeck, AppDynamics, HashiCorp, Harbor, Nexus, Sonarqube .
Certifications: AWS certified Solutions Architect, AWS SysOps Administrator Associate .
Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat, CentOS), Windows 7, 8 and Windows Server 2008.
Web/App Servers: IBM WebSphere App Server (6.1/8.5), IBM HTTP Server (IHS), Apache Tomcat, Apache Spark, Apache Mesos.
Monitoring tools: Solarwinds, VCOPS, Nagios, Zendesk, Splunk.
Confidential - Richmond, VA
- Working on rehydration of amazon AMI images.
- Implementing Chef management tool for applications which are not boarded with continuous deployment.
- Implementing CORS(Cross Origin Resource Sharing), for RDS instances.
- Deployed Harbor tool using Kubernetes for storing Docker images and made it HA and have created a strong backup for it.
- Written automation to delete branches in git and artifacts in nexus using python.
- Collaborating with application developers to troubleshoot their build pipelines.
- Utilized Hygieia tool for greater visibility for project managers on what is going on with their project on a sprint basis
- Utilized HA-Proxy to create floating Ip’s for legacy DNS servers and implemented a health check mechanism.
- Migrated Sonarqube which was running in ECS to kubernetes cluster to optimize cost.
- Managing jira scripts automation which take care of project creation and deletion.
- Currently working on adding windows Jenkins slave to Jenkins master running on Linux OS.
Confidential - Schaumburg, IL
- Worked on migration of RHEL 5/6/7.X to AWS cloud.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins, for middleware components WebSphere, Tomcat and JBoss
- Deployed the application on to servers using Rundeck and Chef.
- Wrote recipes for application specific components such as Java, Tomcat and various third-party applications sitting in the RPM repository.
- Developed Ruby gems to test and and print reports which assisted project managers to show their leadership.
- Coordinated with app teams to re write application code due to migration from JBoss and WebSphere to Tomcat.
- Troubleshooted errors generated from server.xml and pom.xml.
- De-scripted jython script which was automating to install Wily and replicated that in python to audit, install, and uninstall.
- Wrote application specific ruby scripts to append them as run lists on the chef server.
- Performed operations efficiently to make the application cloud ready by performing unit testing on each layer (UI, Batch) using Appdynamics, Splunk and Terraform.
- Built Docker images via Jenkins and pushed application Docker image it to AWS ECR.
- Deployed the docker images via Rundeck/Nimbus to the ECS cluster.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes, Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Automated Compute Engine and Docker Image Builds with Jenkins and Kubernetes.
- Used minishift to run and test spring applications locally.
- Automate Deployment using configuration Management tool like OpsWorks - Chef to provision Amazon AWS Instances to enable continuous Deployments.
- Integrate Splunk with AWS deployment using puppet to collect data from all EC2 systems into Splunk .
- Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using python script and executed them through Chef .
- Configured JSON properties files, to make the middleware stack render the application code.
- Configured the web services on F5(layer 4) as per the RESTFull parameters.
- Automated virtual LTM servers by implementing .tmsh scripts.
- Pulled the new docker images from ECR to attach it to the new load balancer and draining the old versions.
- Worked on serverless framework to build applications comprised of microservices that run in response to events, auto-scale as per the environment demands.
- Wrote Terraform scripts to deploy AWS infrastructure as needed for the application Team.
- Deployed code on AWS platform using CloudFormation.
- Supported and monitored AWS CodePipeline to ensure the accuracy of staging environments do the necessary validations as directed by application teams, and cut over to production environment.
- Built Scala code using SBT
- Deployed Java based applications using Chef.
- Used Chef Automate to remediate failed patches.
Devops/Linux/VMware System Administrator
- Experience supporting RedHat servers in Production and Development environments.
- Involved in DevOps processes for build and deploy systems.
- Troubleshoot the automation of Installing and configuring applications in the test environments.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Involved in DevOps processes for build and deploy systems.
- Provided Configuration Management and Build support for different applications, built and deployed to lower and higher environments.
- Maintained and administered GIT and DevOps source code tool.
- Wrote Spark applications using Scala and Java and used Scala sbt to develop Scala projects and executed using Spark-submit
- Worked on Continuous Integration systems with Maven and Jenkins.
- Worked with AWS Cloud platform and its features, which include IAM, EC2, S3, AMI, EBS, CLI, SNS, and RDS.
- Developed python scripts to automate installation of applications like Nagios, and Splunk forwarder.
- Developed ruby gems to
- Responsible for updating the micro-codes of the adapters on the existing servers.
- Installed RPM packages on Red hat Linux Servers and applied patching on RHEL 6 & 7 versions
- Configured Bonding on Oracle RAC Cluster using the Round Robin and Active backup options
- Performed Restack migrations for Red hat Servers supporting Middleware applications such as WebLogic and Jboss from Physical blade servers to Virtual Machines in the VMware Infrastructure.
Environment: RHEL 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, AWS EC2, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Git version Control, VPC, ESxi 5.0 / 5.1/5.5/6.0 , VMware VSphere 4/5.x/6.x, HP DL 380 Blade servers, Docker, Cisco UCS, Red hat clustering, Veritas Clustering, Power HA and HACMP, EMC Symmetrix, Vblock, VMAX, NETAPP
- Experience in Installing, Configuring and Maintaining RedHat Linux (RedHat Enterprise Linux 4.x, 5.x & 6.x) Servers and Windows 2003/ 2008 R2 Servers on Power Edge Model rack, HP blade centers like HP C6000 & C7000 and also Cisco UCS environment.
- Supported RedHat servers in Production and Development environments.
- Maintained AIX kernel, volume groups, logical volume, JFS file system for better performance. Schedule cron job for automate the task for later execution.
- Setup the full networking services and protocols on AIX and Linux, including NIS/NFS, DNS, SSH, DHCP, NIDS, TCP/IP, ARP, applications, and print servers to insure optimal networking, application, and printing functionality.
- Tuned the TCP/IP stack for troubleshooting application and OS issues.
- Responsible for downloading and upgrading the patches as per the system requirements.
- Supported the PeopleSoft/Weblogic team by helping in the OS and Application upgrades and installation of new SSL certificates for Weblogic 10.1.
- Maintenance of VERITAS Cluster Server.
- Used NetBackup for backing up & restoration of file systems.
- Built new servers using Custom jumpstart installation and Kick start.
- Worked with Firewalls using IP Tables.
- Installation & Configuration of Logical Volume Manager - LVM and VERITAS Volume Manager.
- Configured DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS and other Network Services in IBM AIX.
- Setup of NFS, FTP Servers in IBM AIX, Red Hat Linux and SUSE Linux.
- Integrating UNIX file systems using packages like SAMBA. Setting up printers on UNIX / NT machines to work seamlessly across platforms.
- Well versed with installing, maintaining/ configuring Windows 2003 & 2008 R2, its shell variables, networks & equipment’s, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Port Tracking, Active Directory and Recovery Console etc.
- Administration and troubleshooting multi-terabyte EMC frames connected to multiple platforms.
- Development of shell, Python scripts for automation of systems administrative tasks.
Environment: RHEL 4.x, 5.x, ESX, HP DL 380 Blade servers, CentOS, Perl Scripts, TCP, VMWare, Unix, DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, FTP, VNB, EMC Symmetrix, VMAX, EMC Celera and TSM.