- A highly qualified systems Engineer\ Integrator\Project Coordinator with 17 years of experience in some of the best corporations. Has BS in physics from Fordham University. And demonstrated ability to develop, test and implement enterprise a wide range projects then document and present complex technical concepts to personnel of all levels in a corporation.
SOFTWARE: VMWARE ESX (6.7, 6.5, 6.0 5.x, 4.x, 3.x), vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator, Ansible, vROPS, Horizon View, VDI, SRM, Linux, AWS(Amazon Web Services), MS Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Office365, Skype, Zoom, DevOps(Jenkins, Git, Docker, Agile, Kubernetes, Chef, PowerShell Scripting, Postman, REST API, ) MS SQL Server, WIN2019, WIN2016, WIN2012, WIN2008, WIN2003, Win7, Win10, XP, MS Project, ESRS( EMC Secure Remote Services,) IBM Director, IBM Storage Manager, CIM, HP Openview, MS Clusters, Printing\ Scanner\Fax servers, LDAP, Lenel Security Systems, Verint Security Systems, Novell (6.5, 4.11, 3.11, 3.1x, SAA3 and 4, ZENWORKS), ODBC, Remedy, Bloomberg, Reuters, TCP/IP, PCOIP, RADIUS, Firewall, Wire Shark, ZEEAM, VERITAS, Avamar backup, VPN, Web design(Adobe Photoshop, Premier), IIS, Audio and Video editing, Social Media APIs, Amazon Stores, MAC OS, AIX, Symantec End Point, Thycotic(PCS), HTML, XML.
HARDWARE: Hyper - Converge (VxRail, Nutanix), Servers Hardware, Cisco-HP, UCS, IBM, NEC, Dell, Blade Servers, Switches, Routers, WiFi, RFID Cards, Proximity readers, EMC SAN, Appliance Servers, Multi-port NICs, HBA Cards, HP, Toshiba, Printers and Scanner Servers, Apple products, tape backups, Fibre Channel, SCSI, iSCSI, SATA, Thin Clients, PDA, Tablets, Cabling etc.
Senior Cloud Automation\ Virtualization Engineer
- Senior Automation Virtualization Engineer for VMware vSphere products such as VCF(vCloud Foundation) VRA(vRealize Automation), vRO(vRealize Orchestrator), vROPs(Operations Manager) Log Insight, NSX, LCM (Life Cycle Manager), Content Library while working on a Global enterprise wide project to implement the vRA and the vRealize Suite in one of the largest corporations in the world as a part of a larger project to migrated from Hyper-V to VMware.
- Implemented VMware in 10 Confidential Touche Global and Regional Environments.
- Integrate VRA with various applications and resources such as Service Now, Active Directory, Solarwinds (IPAM), Thycotic PCS (Secret Server), F5, vROPs as well as VCenter, vSAN storage, and Clusters in order to Develop an IAAS platform that is used as the Global, companywide build process for Red Hat Linux and Windows (Active Directory) VMs.
- Configured and\or Managed all aspects of VMware vSphere VRA\VRO, including Blueprints and Workflows, Endpoints, Reservations, Templates, proxy agent, LCM migrations, permission, group management, etc. Utilized tools such as Powershell, VRO, REST APIs, and POSTMAN to Monitor and manage several Environments.
- Tested the integration of Service Now with VROPS as well as vRealize Automation using ITSM Plugin and vRO Endpoints.
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational incidents, issues and interfaced with technology teams and Vendor to coordinate a solution.
- Managed vSphere environments using various tools as well as VCenter, Powershell Scripts and APIs. This included supporting Hosts, VCenter, Cluster, VMs, HA/DRS, VSAN Storage, Clusters, NSX, Port Groups, and etc,
- Acted as Project Coordinator by setting deadlines, leading meetings, and reviewing Agile\Scum sprints in Pivotal Tracker.
- Created documents of various types. This included Support Documents, Runbooks, Design Documents, and Configuration Spreadsheet and Charts.
- Trained and Mentor teammates in the use of various VMware application and tools.
Lead/ Senior Automation -Virtualization Engineer
- Senior VMware \ Automation \VxRail Engineer on a Nationwide Project to deploy hundreds VxRail Hyper-Converge Environments running VMware, VSAN, and using PowerShell Scripts as well and various APIs to Automate the process. This required deep understanding of VMware vSphere, Powershell Modules, VxRail Manager, Clusters, VSAN storage, vLANs, and VM (Windows and Linux OS), Monitoring (ESRS), standard Networking, Storage. This also included Planning, Scripting Testing, QA, Version control, research, technical documentation.
- Dell EMC Resident Engineer with deep knowledge of VMware and various other Dell EMC Products, Support tools, and Processes. This also included participating in Service and Incident Management efforts, as well as analyzing business and technical requirements and presenting solutions after reviewing and developing concepts with my team and the Client.
- Scripted tools using PowerShell to quickly Check status of components and processes as an aid to troubleshooting System Errors or Outages. Developed Code using various PowerShell Modules such as VROPS, VMware Core as well as ESXCLI, and APIs. Interfaced with the client to develop a tool that email a report on status of Vcenter, Host, Datastore, vSAN, vXrail Cluster, VxRail Manager, VMKNICs, Network Adaptors, ESXCLI commands, VMs, and etc.
- Developed Scripts to remotely initiate processes on VxRail Management Webservers by translating a CURL to Powershell Invoke-WebRequest as part of the overall Automation process. Used various PowerShell modules and scripting techniques.
- Acted as SME for Various technologies, including VMware vSphere, VxRail, VSAN, vRO, vRealize, vROPS, Operations, Hyper-Converge, PowerShell Scripting, Ansible, POSTMAN. Automation, GitHub, Migrations etc.
- Tech Lead in support of Project Managers, the Vendor and Technical Leaders, to integrate the Vendors Alert\Response system to the Clients Alert/Response System. This included planning development and Architecture meetings with all stake Holders from the Vendor and Client.
- Migration from VMware ESXi 5.5 to Vmware ESXi 6.5. This included migrating from VNX and Cisco UCS Blade environment to hyper-Converge VxRail, Nutanix, running vSAN with SSD; VMware SRM to EMC RecoverPoint for VMs DR, Avamar backup, Update Manager, and etc,.
- Utilized, Managed and Supported various Cloud environment including, VMware vRA, Azure, and AWS.
- Performed Project Management by tracking and reporting deliverables, Analyzing the technical Path, Performing tests, etc.
- Designed and Scripted Automation and Reporting Tools using Powershell, Java, .NET, APIs, Git, for VMware and EMC.
- Performed System Support with various Management and Monitoring for Vcenter, CiscoUSC, ESRS (EMC Secure Remote Services), VxRail, PowerShell, Win2008, Win2012, Linux, RHEL, RecoverPoint.
- Lead the Analysis to identify resources, platforms services, processes, Disaster Recovery Plan, effecting the Migration.
- Created Procedural and informational Documentation for Peers and Management. Present Documentation.
- Level 3 VMware and Cloud Consultant (vRealize Automation, AWS, Azure).
- Performed Architecture, Engineering, Performance Tuning, Data Center Management, troubleshooting, installations, and maintenance on VMware (5.5, 6.0, 6.5), Cisco UCS, Windows, Linux.
- SME for VMware ESX, vSphere, vCenter, Hyper- V, VMware Horizon View, vMotion, HA, DRS, vROPS, Win2008, Win2012, Win2016.
- Created Automation and reporting Tools using Powershell, vRealize Orchestrator Library Workflows, Java, APIs, etc.
- Design and Implemented IAAS processes to Virtual Machine Build and Perform operational tasks. Optimized and Customized the build process for VMware and various OS( Red Hat Linux, and Windows 2016).
- Project Management and Tracking using Jira in Agile, Confluence, and various other tools. Also, utilized Service Now, VMware vSphere Client, UCS Manager, Powershell tools, etc.
- Lead Project Engineer for integration of various Applications such as, What’s On, Wide Orbit, AutoDesk Mira and Foundry Nuke, Nick Central and other Broadcast Apps for MTV, BET, Paramount Pictures, Etc. Interface with Client and Vendors at All levels.
- Calculated Cost Analysis of for purchases including, VMware Software, Cisco USC blades, Chassis and related equipment for various projects then championed the purchasing process from PO and delivery to installation.
- Scheduled Change Management Requests and incidents for various Projects and Tasks.
- Created Test and QA environments as needed by project or tasks then documented results for manager and teammates.
Sr. Virtual and Cloud Engineer\ DevOps Specialist
- Senior Engineer\Analyst\Architect on a team that Designed, Scripted, Implemented and Managed an IaaS Solution (VM Creation tool), on VMware Environment. Created Ansible Playbooks as well as Various related scripts.
- Served as an Automation Engineer for vRA-(Realize Automation), vRO(VRealiaze Orchestrator), vCenter API and SDK. Used Java Script, Rest APIs, Powershell, Ansible, Ansible Tower and Git to help facilitate Automation of operations related tasks, ie creation and deletion of VM, Clones, Snapshot, Reports, errors reporting and logs, rights assignment, etc.
- VMware SME for vRA7.x(vCA 6.x), vRO7.x(vCO6.x), VMware Converter, vCenter, vSphere (6, 5.5), VMware Horizon View vROPS (vCOPS) PoweerCLI. Also, used extensive Knowledge of Win2008, Win2012, Linux (RHEL6.X, RHEL7.x), Networking, Ports, Storage, to support various efforts.
- Implemented\Install and tested VRA 7.x Environment upgrade. This included Tenant, and Fabric Groups, Design and Configuration. Created Various Blueprints and Design the Service Catalogue and Subscription policies to reflect the need of LOB. Tested Various Endpoint., etc. Utilized Cloud Client.
- Worked with various team members to Implemented VM Creation and Deletion Workflows in vRO. By using basic Existing Library WorkFlows, Actions, Java Scripts, REST API calls to vCenter. Utilized these workflows in VRA as XaaS services.
- Project-Coordinator tracking progress while performing POCs, updates, presenting reports, leading meetings. Utilized various applications such as MS Project, MS Excel, MS Visio, Web-ex, SCRUM, Agile, Jiras. Created documentation, Wiki, and demos
- Work expensively with vRA, vRO and Ansible to implement various POC that create blueprints and workflows to as a part of a larger IaaS effort.
- Served as Automation Engineer working with various products such as Puppet, Ansible, Ansible Tower, AWS, Blade Logic, VMware, Splunk, ELK etc,
- Establish connection to DFS share with the use of Ansible vault Identity management tools using Kerberos and NTLM.
- Helped Lead the effort to Automated the standard build image by using Ansible Playbooks to install config sets and apps. Performed UAT, DEV and OC testing. Develop Master Understanding of the Build Process.
- Contributed Leadership in a project to use Ansible Tower to fully automate installation of applications on the standard build Linux and Windows build.