- Establishing networking environment by designing system configurations; directing system installations; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards for Cloud, Platform, Application and Data Layer Support (CPADs).
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Designing and implementing new monitoring matrices and protocols, improving resilience of the current environment by detecting security breaches without any risk.
- Undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources to reduce downtime and business losses.
- Securing network systems by establishing and enforcing, defining, and monitoring policies.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information and managing alarms to mitigate network latency and disruptions.
- Performing ping, tracert, and nslookup commands to test connectivity; providing technical oversight, planning and analysis.
- Remote support of on - site engineers during installation of hardware pertinent to successfully completing high-risk Change Maintenance windows.
- Liaising with project management teams, 3rd line engineers, Tier 2 & 3 system administrators and service desk engineers on a regular basis;
- Possesses first rate communication and collaboration skills to lead and work effectively in concert with diverse groups and SME’s for various network technologies.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 and 2008, Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/Windows7, UNIX, Linux
Software Applications: Nagios, Topaz, VizGEMS, MS Office 2007/2010, Internet Explorer, Outlook, Outlook Express, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio, SQL*Plus, Oracle
Specialist-Network Design Engineer
- Provides initial implementation and support of Cloud Operation networks to assure proper execution to ensure accurate resolution(s) for system failures or degradations in five IDC’s.
- Handling of AOTS tickets fort ticket management (AOTSTM) and system change management (AOTSCM) for global and domestic work centers.
- Applies the necessary monitoring tools and engineering principles to create and design the network infrastructure in accordance with approved guidelines.
- Performs auto/manual health checks (pre/post-tests) to include creation and deletion of VDCs, vApps, & VMs across various IDC’s to validate the availability and performance of Cloud services such as Confidential &T’s CaaS, PaaS, and StaaS Cloud Services.
- Supports and maintains cloud applications/platforms such as CaaS, PaaS, API Platforms (BlackFlag), SilverLining, Content Engine, Cargo View, Toggle, Confidential &T Locker, U-verse, and Contact Services.
- Establishing and leading technical outage bridges to clear alarms that are triggered due to associated faults with particular cloud services or applications.
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbally.
- Supports Confidential &T customers' operating systems, networks and applications in the Converged Applications/Cloud Developer Eco-System support arena and Cloud Customer and Non-Customizable Platforms.
- Develops and evaluates network performance criteria and measurement methods.
- Monitors five Internet Data Centers (IDCs) and their entire IT infrastructure using such monitoring tools as Nagios, Topaz and VizGEMS.
- Review MOPs, set up and engage alternate teams to conduct Change Managements and support business models.
- Creates Internal Engagement tickets to support groups and follow-up processes accordingly.
- Performs load balancing for necessary server during Change Maintenance windows for Cloud Operations.
- Telnets and SSH into remote servers to access network traffic and connectivity to VM’s supported by Confidential &T’s Cloud Services.
- Recommends strategic network architecture planning and network evolution policy decisions in support of corporate initiatives, customer demand, technology changes, economic and service reliability criteria.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
Program Admin Specialist
- Local desktop administration
- Logical problem solving to ensure quality control of Information Technology programs.
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining VCCS database for Information Technology courses/certifications for students as well as businesses served.
- Performs advanced-level responsibilities focusing on intermediate to long-range program issues affecting Information Technology program activities and services development, planning, delivery, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Developing procedures, coordinating service delivery, promoting program(s) goals and objectives in addition to providing technical advice.
- Performs with considerable independence within broad scope of program strategic mission and goals.
- Coordinator on several database projects directly effecting administrative and support staff within the information technologies curricula .