- Overall 7years of experience in SCM, Environment Management and Build/Release Engineering for automating, building, releasing and configuring changes from one environment to another environment.
- Worked with development engineers to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the Deployment and building
- Experience and knowledge of Agile/Scrum development, especially Continuous Integration with Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, AnthillPro, TFS, Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experienced in trouble shooting and automated deployment to web and application servers likeWSO2, WebSphere, Application Server, Application Deployment, Oracle, WebLogic, Application Deployment, JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Implementation of DevOps environment using Puppet for system configuration across environments.
- Experience on various cloud computing platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure and Google Cloud (GCP).
- Manage and provide technical support to Microsoft Azure VSTS (Visual Studio Team Services) customers
- Experience with configuration/automation management with Chef(Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment)
- Hands on experience using SonarQube and Splunk
- Experience on Administration and Engineering Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Automation in CICD tools usingJenkins.
- Apache/ JBoss/Java/UNIX/Linux server administration
- Administration experience in JIRA and on other Atlassian products like Docker, Bamboo.
- Experience writing Shell and Perl scripts to automate the deployments.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, iOS, Windows NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/2007, RHEL
Languages: JAVA, C, SQL, HTML
Scripting Languages: Perl, UNIX Shell Scripting.
Databases: ORACLE, SQL Server, MySQL, MS Access
Web, Application Servers: Web Logic, Apache Tomcat, JBoss
Version Control: SVN, GIT, BITBUCKET
Management Tracking Tools: JIRA
Technologies: Java, Jenkins, DevOps, Maven, VisualVM, Eclipse, JSP JDBC, C#, HTML, DHTML, XML, API, JSON
Sr DevOps Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Created and maintained continuous integration (CI) using tools Jenkins/Maven over diff environments to facilitate an agile development process which is automated and repeatable enabling teams to safely deploy code many times a day while ensuring operational best practices are supported.
- Design and document CI/CD tools configuration management.
- Responsible for orchestrating CI/CD processes by responding to Git triggers, human input, and dependency chains and environment setup.
- Build and Deployment CI/CD Pipelines.
- Performed SVN to GIT/Bitbucket migration and managed branching strategies using GIT flow workflow.
- Managed User access control, Triggers, workflows, hooks, security and repository control in Bitbucket.
- Created, Configured and Administered Jenkins servers with Master - slave configurations as needed.
- Generating code coverage reports from the SonarQube.
- Used SonarQube for code coverage and code quality.
- AWSEC2/VPC/S3/Route53/IAM/Cloud Formation/ELB based infrastructure automation through CHEF, Vagrant, Bash Scripts.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using CHEF.
- Implemented CHEF to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and production.
- Automation of infrastructure by creating scripts of CHEF.
- Developed CHEF Cookbooks to install and configure Apache Tomcat, Jenkins, and Run deck and deployment automation.
- Create release pipelines using GIT, CHEF for automatic workflow.
- Created Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines for the build and deployment automation in place.
- Worked with CHEF Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes,
- Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to CHEF-server, Managed On-site
- OS/Applications/Services/Packages using CHEF as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with CHEF
- Performed deployment of Amazon EC2 instances in AWS environment.
- Performed EC2 instances provisioning on AWS environment and implemented security groups, administered VPCs.
- Experience in using Deployment tools like Build Forge, IBM Urban code/UDeploy.
- Used AWS cloud services to launch Linux and windows machines, created security groups and written basic PowerShell scripts to take backups and mount network shared drives.
- Implemented Docker to provision slaves dynamically as needed.
- Created and Maintained Docker files in
- Source Code Repository build images and ran containers for applications and testing purposes.
- Creating and handling multiple Docker images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Utilize Cloud Formation and PUPPET by creating DevOps processes for consistent and reliable deployment methodology
- Implemented PUPPET Master, PUPPET Console and PUPPET Agents, Create PUPPET modules and
Environment: AWS, ANT, Jenkins, Git, Web Sphere, SonarQube, CHEF, JBoss Application Servers,Apache TomcatAgile/Scrum, PUPPET, SDLC, Docker, Windows, Linux.
Sr DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Hands- on experience on integrating GIT into the continuous integration environment along with Jenkins and configured the services using modern DevOps tools.
- Worked to refine the automation components with scripting and configuration management using Ansible.
- Experience in writing Ansible playbooks from scratch in YAML along with installing, setting up and troubleshooting Ansible, created and automated platform environment setup.
- Hands- on experience in installing the packages using YUM, Red Hat Package Manager on various servers.
- Delivered support to the account managers, UNIX and Windows technicians and other departments.
- Hands-on experience with Tomcat for deploying JAVA Web Applications.
- Worked on google cloud platform (GCP) services like compute engine, cloud load balancing, cloud storage, cloud SQL, stack driver monitoring and cloud deployment manager.
- Setup GCP Firewall rules to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN (content delivery network) to deliver content from GCP cache locations drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Experience in designing, installing and implementing Ansible configuration management system and in writing playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications.
- Working with Development and Ops teams to implement CI/CD release pipelines and fully automated builds for all Azure solutions
- Create CI/CD release pipelines and fully automated builds for all Azure solutions
- Collaborated with fellow team members through Team Foundation Server (TFS) for effective project management, which includes work issues and track on the update of versions.
- Worked with project manager to drive content and changes in the Visual Studio website and applied XML, HTML, in Visual Studio .NET for updating pages on the site.
- Executed test cases manually in Visual Studio Online (VSO)
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI/CD process and integrated the tool with ANT and Maven to schedule the builds.
Environment: Ansible, Azure, GCP, TFS, Microsoft Visual Studio, GIT, Maven, ANT, Tomcat, JIRA, Docker, Jenkins, Shell Scripting, UNIX
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Experienced in Container Automation Work team while exploring the feasibility of containers to auto-provision infrastructure and middleware deployments to internal cloud which lead to efficiencies in both Development and Operations.
- Responsible for breakthrough in taking first pilot application at the client, a Weblogic application migrated to JBoss and containerized it and also worked on enabling HTTP’S(certs), Logging and monitoring for the pilot application.
- Documented the architecture diagrams and lessons learnt as part of the server migration (Weblogic to JBoss) through Openshiftwebconsole
- Documented the current state of the migrated application/process/tool for provisioning and deployments
- Socialized and trained the shared service teams (solution architects,Environment provisioning,Developers etc.,) on migration to container technology
- Administered Openshift Enterprise v2 and v3 for cloud operational services
- Experienced in container-based technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and Openshift along with development of Microservices architecture using Spring Boot including distributed SSO Authentication and Authorization, Distributed Session Management etc.
Environment: Openshift, GitHub, Bitbucket, Maven, Python, JIRA, Docker, Jenkins,Shell Scripting, UNIX
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Installed and managed Openstack deployments in production environments to automate infrastructure.
- Used puppet and developed Puppet modules to automate deployment of Openstack Control plane and roll out upgrades seamlessly.
- Experienced on plugin resources for continuous integration Git, Jenkins and Puppet and to automate for all build and deployments
- Designed, architecture & built Puppet Masters as configuration management tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Experience with Docker and Vagrant for different infrastructure setup and testing of code.
- Responsible for maintaining and configuring Elastic Search, Logstash, kibana HA cluster for log management.
- Knowledge on Deploying Tomcat and Elasticsearch clusters using Docker.
- Developing Docker and Vagrant Files and deploying Web App Software
- Deployed applications into WSO2 app servers and services into enterprise service bus, Data services server.
- Used JIRA tool to track all the stories, defects and changes released to all environments.
- Involved in the development of new API for offers and rewards modules to extend the existing functionality to display more details and in the development of RESTfulweb services.
- GitHub used for version control and project management
Environment: Jenkins, JIRA, Docker, Vagrant, Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana, WSO2, GitHub, Puppet, Openstack
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Design EC2 instance architecture to meet high availability application architecture and security parameters.
- Focus on continuous integration and deployment, promoting Enterprise Solutions to target environments.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Develop Cloud Formation scripts to automate EC2 instances.
- Written Cloud formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Experience in implementing the cloud infrastructure using Azure services like Virtual Networks, SQL
- Created CI/CD Pipelines in Azure DevOps environments by providing their dependencies and tasks
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins on Azure
- Written multiple manifests and also customized facts for efficient management of the Chef clients.
- Coordinate with the Development, Database Administration, QA, and IT Operations teams to ensure there are no resource conflicts.
- Built provisioning engine that utilizes Ansible to implement deployments to multiple platforms including VMWare and AWS.
- Written scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT.
- Working closely with Web Administrators to setup an automated deployment for SharePoint applications using SVN and Git Tools.
Environment: Linux (RHEL 4.x, 5.x &6.x), AIX 6.1, Azure, Ansible, Oracle 11/10g, IIS, Puppet, Jenkins, Perl, Shell Scripting, CentOS, Ubuntu, Docker
Confidential, San Mateo, CA
- Worked on AWS Cloud management and Puppet automation
- Installed/Configured/Managed Jenkins CI Automation.
- Setup and Install Puppet workstation, Puppet Server and bootstrapping the Puppet Clients.
- Writing manifests to manage puppet-server, spin-up new instances, package installs, config changes on client nodes.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools
- Implementing a continuous Delivery framework using Puppet, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform cleanup of file systems on UNIX/Linux environments using shell scripting.
- Written and modified various Ansible Playbooks and Puppet Manifests for automation and deployment of systems
- Created the branches in Subversion to implement the development process to support quarterly releases.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts rose during the merge in Subversion.
- Used SVN for branching, tagging, and merging. Started working GIT repository implementation.
- Experience in networking concepts like DHCP, TCP/IP, IP Addressing, Bonding and Networking Technologies.
- Responsible for reviewing and providing technical support, documentation of UNIX server builds.
Environment: Puppet, Maven, UNIX, Shell scripting, SVN, GIT, DHCP, TCP/IP, AWS, Nexus, Ansible