- Systems Engineer with 20+ years of diverse Information Technology experience and a demonstrated ability to work across a wide variety of platforms, applications and technology.
- Extensive knowledge and experience designing, building and supporting highly available systems and applications using vSphere, Windows and Storage Area Networking.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and problem solving skills and ability to multi task high level priorities.
- I have learned that the best way to achieve success is to be self - driven, motivated and dedicated.
- vSphere (6.x), Windows (2K8-2K19), Active Directory, SAN, LAN & IP Networking, iSCSI, DNS, DHCP, Fibre Channel HBAs
- Switches & Zoning, HP (3PAR), EMC (XtremIO\VNX\VMAX) Storage Arrays, HPE Blade Servers and OneView
- Backups and Disaster Recovery Planning. Working knowledge: vROps, Linux, SQL Databases (Oracle and MS SQL), IIS
- PowerCLI, PowerShell, Linux, Shell, Bash. AWS Associate Certifications (SAA, CDA & Sysops)
Confidential, Farmington, CT
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- Manage and maintain highly available virtual server environment utilizing tools and technology such as vSphere 6.x HA\DRS clustering and redundant data centers.
- Upgraded vSphere infrastructure from 6.0 to 6.7 (vCenter External PSC to Embedded, vCenter HA Clustering, vSS to vDS, VMFS5 to VMFS6).
- Install and configure VMware Realize Operations Manager
- Utilize HP OneView converged infrastructure platform (4 C7K Chassis’, 40+ blades) for monitoring and maintaining blade server environment (HW & SW updates).
- Manage and maintain the SAN and provisioning on the arrays (3PAR & XtremIO)
- Lead engineer for Microsoft Dynamics based application rollout and deployment of numerous Windows 2K16 IIS, SQL Server and WSFCs.
- Rebuilt EMC Globalization Lab infrastructure (VMware/Windows/SAN/VMAX/VNX) migrating from vSphere 4.x to 5.x. Eliminated numerous single points of failure, added High Availability, DRS Clustering, Multipathing and Fully Automated Storage Tiering resulting in improved performance, up-time and recovery time for the lab.
- Built and supported physical and virtualized environments for L10n Localization testing across all of EMCs product line including Unisphere, RSA, RP, Avamar and Networker etc.
- Improved efficiency and Automation in Globalization by implementing the use of Templates and vApps for pre made test environments.
- Managed PowerPath Windows QE Lab for multipath Block Storage Array testing across all versions of Windows in different configurations such as Clustering and boot from SAN.
- Lead Windows Lab SAN migration project replacing outdated 2 GB McData switch fabric (Win Lab) with new (4 & 8 GB) Brocade Core-Edge fabric design.
- Modernized and improved Ghosting host imaging process by incorporating PXE and ImageX technologies. Integrated VMware 4.1 into the PP WINQE test infrastructure environment by utilizing guest instances for Domain Controllers (DNS\DHCP) and Connectrix Manager.
Systems Integration Engineer
- Supported Production, DEV and QA environments for Fidelity Retail Web Order Entry system (RWOE). Supported DEV and QA (2K, 2K3, Solaris, AIX & Linux) environment for FBCT.
- Built out new (Co-Op) Test and Production server infrastructure; this included numerous IIS Web Sites, often working with end users and developers to define application requirements and implement verification procedures. Installed code, wrote and updated documentation for build and installation procedures
- Analyzed Event and Web Server logs utilizing tools such as Log Parser to research and isolate specific error-related information. Created batch jobs and scripts to automate and reduce the amount of time needed to produce Performance Monitoring Metrics