- Over 7+ years of experience in Systems and Storage Administration of SAN devices like EMC Clariion, DMX, VMAX, VNX, Hitachi VSP, VSP G1000, HUS 150, USP, USPV, AMS 1000, AMS 2500, NetApp FAS 3000, HNAS and along with Fabric Switches(Cisco and Brocade).
- Experience in managing EMC devices using Navisphere Manager, Unisphere, EMC Control center Administration, Symmetrix Management Console (SMC) and SymCLI.
- Experience in Managing Hitachi Storage frame using Storage Navigator, Storage Navigator Modular, HCS and Device Manager.
- Strong experience with HNAS storage
- Experience in Systems Administration and Application Support working on Sun Solaris, Red hat Linux and Windows environments.
- Hands on experience with Cisco MDS 9513, 9706, 9509, 9216, MDS family switches with VSAN tech and Brocade DCX, 3800, 3900, 4900 and 12k/48k directors ISL Trunking.
- Experience working with Multipathing software’s like EMC Powerpath and HDS HDLM.
- Involved and experienced CX Break Fix issues, Data center Migration support, Disaster recover support, SAN copy, Mirror view, Recoverpoint, SRDF, Open replicator Administration.
- Strong knowledge in SAN and NAS concepts, Snapshots, File replication Clustering and Fail - over, File permission management and Disaster recovery.
- Shelves upgrade support, Flex Vol setup and Administration. CISCO, McDATA, Brocade switch Administration and Zoning support.
- Strong experience working with Backup software’s like VERITAS NetBackup, EMC Networker, EMC Avamar, Backup Exec.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and solve problems quickly
Confidential - Washington, DC
Storage admin/Storage resident
- Manage Hitachi Storage frame using Hitachi Command suite 8, Storage Navigator, Storage Navigator Modular-2, and Device Manager
- Allocate storage from Hitachi storage arrays mainly G1000 to different platforms such as windows, VMware, oracle and linux environment
- Create DP Pools and allocate storage from the pool
- Configure host groups and raid groups
- Configure Cisco fiber channel switches and zone them as per customers’ requirements
- Working on upgrading cisco 9513 to Cisco directors 9706
- Implemented zoning on Cisco switches using Cisco Fabric Manager, Cisco Device Manager and Cli.
- Provisioned storage from Hitachi AMS2500, USP VM and USP V using Storage Navigator and Storage Navigator Modular 2
- Work on Hitachi NAS 4080 and manage HNAS using Cli and Storage Management Unit (SMU) gui.
- Work on replicating data from main site using file replication to DR site, create file systems, create EVS, create cifs shares, NFS exports etc.
- Worked and assisted on migrating data from older storage arrays to G1000 through NDM migration
- Worked on migrating data from older HNAS 3090 to newer HNAS 4080 using file-based replication from node sites to headquarters
- Manage HUR replication from main site to DR site on VSP G1000
- Run scripts for any battery replacement and SMU drive failure in HNAS across various sites
- Provisioned storage from EMC VNX
- Monitor the HNAS systems across different sites and make sure everything is running fine
- Work on Tuning manager for creating reports
- Work on creating monthly storage reports for both SAN and NAS environment
- Troubleshooting, and resolving issues like one-path-down, hosts not seeing storage, HBA failures, storage allocations, mapping, masking and zoning.
- Work on data center and cable the storage frame to the switch as well as create labels.
- Work on HUS 150 and support the lab environment
- Work on SCSM for break fix issues, solving issues from customers or tracking workload.
- Working on getting Nutanix trainings and Certifications to support the Nutanix environment
Environment: Cisco 9513, 9706, Hitachi NAS 3090/4080, Hitachi VSP, VSP G1000, HUS 150, AMS 2500, USPV, USPV-M, SYMCLI, EMC VNX
Confidential - Cincinnati, OH
- Configured and allocated storage from DMX and VMAX using SMC, Solutions enabler and ECC .
- Created TDATS, Tdevs, Thin Pools and allocated storage from a Vmax array.
- Experience in provisioning storage from various storage frames to Windows cluster servers
- Configurations in Cisco and Brocade Director Switches, using WWN zoning to create aliases and zones.
- Managed Hitachi Storage frame using Storage Navigator, Storage Navigator Modular-2, HCS, Device Manager and CLI
- Created Zones and ISL’s on SAN switches
- Worked on Avamar backup tool for Backup and restores
- Troubleshoot and provided EMC Avamar support as required to resolve issues in the operational environment
- Assisted in creating and maintaining documents about the environment
- Decommissioned the server and removed storage from that server
- Removed zones and re-claimed san ports
- Assigned ports to switches according to company’s standards
- Performed various SAN and NAS assessment
- Created and export NFS-CIFS File Shares in NetApp NAS environment
- Created Aggregates, volumes (FlexVol), qtrees and Quotas on NetApp Filers.
- Unallocated NAS storage for decommission of the server
- Configurations included vFiler, qtree, volume, aggregates and snapshots, Expand volumes
- Designed and implemented system requirements for customers
- Ability to communicate effectively with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Worked on Service now for solving break fix issue, solving request from customers, change requests, and completing build and decommission requests.
Environment: EMC VMAX, EMC Avamar, Cisco, Netapp Filers, Brocade, Hitachi VSP, HDS, SYMCLI
Confidential - Beachwood, OH
Storage (SAN)/Backup Engineer
- Configured Storage from EMC VMAX using SMC, Unisphere and Symcli
- Configured TDEVs TDATs, Thin pools and auto provisioning groups from a VMAX
- Migrated regular Meta luns to a thin Lun in an EMC vmax Environment
- Configured EMC Avamar backups and restores as per the customer requirements
- Documented the standards that needed to be followed using Avamar administrator server GUI on daily basis
- Assisted EMC to install Isilon grid hardware in the environment
- Configured smart pools, smart connect sessions to load balance the workload in an isilon environment
- Configured directories and shared NFS and SMB shares from Isilon environment
- Documented the operational procedures in the isilon environment
- Worked on Symantec Backup exec for Backup and Restores
- Configured backup environments to monitor and manage Enterprise data management processes.
- Implemented of EMC TimeFinder and SRDF for SQL databases.
- Monitored backup processes and errors to ensure overall system performance and stability
- Monitored daily backup operations to keep up with the SLA’s of the backup team
- Provided support to technical/non-technical customers for restore support
- Worked on NetBackup for backup restores and troubleshoot failed Backup jobs
- Monitored backup jobs, execute restore jobs, restart failed jobs, troubleshoot failed jobs
- Handled NetBackup support issues, coordinate communications between Client’s operations staff and Symantec customer support staff to resolve complex issues.
- Assisted Client with daily monitoring and management of the Netbackup solution implemented within the Client’s infrastructure
- Provided Symantec support as required to resolve issues in the operational environment and helped in troubleshooting
- Worked on Control-M job scheduling software and make sure are jobs are running fine.
- Day to day activity also involved working on BMC remedy for solving break fix issue, solving request from customers
- Assisted with creating and maintaining operational documentation
- Provided rotation on call support after hours
Environment: VMAX, EMC Avamar, isilon, Symantec Netbackup, Control-M, Symantec Backup exec