- 8+ years of combined IT experience. Result - oriented Splunk Developer & Administrator possessing extensive knowledge of Splunk Architecture including components such as indexer, search head, forwarder, deployment server, etc.
- Highly skilled in conceptualizing and developing software/applications & Business Intelligence Solutions to drive business transformation.
- Proficient in facilitating sound decision-making for senior leadership/management, deploying Splunk enterprise, core, cloud, and for delivering compelling business value to clients & successfully executing projects.
- Monitoring and Performance tuning
- Database Upgrade and Migration
- Data modeling
- Incident Management
- Splunk Architecture
- Business Intelligence solution
- Application Design & Development
- User Management
- Software Analysis
- Database Management
- Data Warehousing
- Database Application Development
- Operational Intelligence
- Linux O/S installation from scratch on VMware work station
- Shell scripting
- Window 2012 installation on Linux
- Splunk implementation on cloud/AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Implement single site clustering on Linux 0/S and AWS
CDM Splunk Engineer
- Implementation of Splunk Architecture for CDM Solution
- Work with team for Sprint planning of CDM and all agencies involved (DOL, OCIO, OIG, DOD, BLS)
- Troubleshoot and monitor data flow/quality from tools such as ForeScout, BigFix, and Tenable which were ingested into Splunk using Python scripts
- Work with client to create dashboards and resolve technical issues
- Deploy CDM applications and add-ons in Splunk
- Create knowledge objects to improve sensitivity in CDM tools which were sending data into Splunk
- Implement Indexer cluster architecture for all agencies involved in the CDM program
- Work closely with developers to patch, upgrade, and make changes in Splunk Python scripts at the baseline level
- Develop use cases, data models, and connectors within Splunk to help meet overall program objectives
- Leverage expertise with Splunk Search Language (SPL) to develop network or endpoint-based anomaly detection alerting logic in SPL and build dashboards for visualization
- Design, install, analyze, evaluate, test, and debug Splunk based on current project needs
- Provide tier 3 support to Splunk incidents that are related to infrastructure ops
- Improve the Splunk deployments for each customer while integrating new tech and services
- Implement of Splunk Indexer cluster for high availability scalability on AWS EC2 Console.
- Provide recommendations and implement changes to optimize Splunk products in the customer environment
- Normalizing data through CIM compliance process
- Utilize the Management Console to investigate resource usage
- Configured license pooling
- Troubleshooting Splunk feed issues and data ingestion for remote locations
- Deployed new Splunk architecture at disaster recovery site.
- Configure hot, warm and cold buckets hold data for extended periods of time
- Install and configure systems which support infrastructure and/or activities.
- Working with security team to understand use cases for splunk.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.