- 20+ years of IT experience, including the previous 13 years as a Systems Administrator. A record of success at collaborating in a cross - functional environment with fluid priorities and building consensus as a recognized subject matter expert (SME).
- Excels learning new technologies and adopting them to create robust, secure environments. In-depth knowledge of integrating system and network capabilities with broader business goals to create a cohesive plan.
- O utstanding communication skills, leadership ability, customer service aptitude, and business acumen.
Networking/Hardware: EMC Data Domain. Cisco IP Telephony, Cisco Switching Technologies, Virtualization Technologies, Firewall and Web Filtering, Cisco Unified Computer System, Storage Technologies, Active Directory, Nimble Storage Technologies, Genetec, HID Access Control
Operating Systems: Windows, Windows Server, OS-400, Chrome Linux
Software: EMC Networker, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Exchange Server, VMware vSphere, PowerSchool SIS, Microsoft WDS, ServiceDesk Express, SQL Server, EMC Cellera Storage Solution, EMC VNX Storage Solution, Genetec Security Center, Cisco Call Manager, EMC Avamar, iBoss Web Filtering
Senior Systems Administrator / LAN Administrator
- Managing a network with 2500+ computers and supporting 4000+ users.
- Using HP Nimble and EMC Storage Technologies to manage storage arrays.
- Evaluate and Make purchasing recommendations on new products and support methodologies.
- Administering a variety of district-wide systems and servers, including IP phone and video systems, backup system, 10 host virtual cluster and 250 virtual machines, Active Directory domain services, and data storage.
- Managing alerts and established proactive processes to resolve technical issues.
- Identify patterns, gathered insight into metrics, and diagnosed issues using Splunk.
- Write documentation on the existing network to use as a basis for planning growth.
- Perform ad-hoc maintenance and repair on desktop hardware (PCs and peripherals) and software, including installing operating systems and applications.
- Create and maintained user accounts and associated access and privileges, monitoring account security.
- Collaborate with vendors to ensure network uptime, security, and operational efficiency met established requirements.
- Installed, maintained, and repaired hardware and software, using repair tracking software.
- Maintained service records in compliance with established policies and regulations.
- Provided both routine and as-needed technical support to staff.
- Expedited purchase orders, adhering to vendor and pricing policies.
- Collaborated with the Technology Department Manager and other senior management to establish priorities.