- 9 years IT professional with extensive experience in network administration in Microsoft IIS environment.
- Experienced in computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance.
- Established network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Managed Datacenter in Nisku including security and operation of all physical devices and logical configurations. (Hyper - V, Storage Arrays, switches and routers.)
- Managed operation and security of wireless network. (Bridges and Access Points)
- Secured network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Prepared users by designing and conducting programs; providing s and support.
- Met financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Updated job knowledge by participating in al opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protected organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplished organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job s.
- Established guidelines for network hardware and software standardization.
- Reported accidents and incidents with corresponding company policy and procedure.
- Reported to work on time and in proper physical and mental condition.
- Maintained hardware and software requirements for side of the network.
- Managed any additional IT support staff provided for side of the network.
- Ensured all hardware and software is current and up to date regarding security patch levels.
- Strong understanding of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, DFS and Network Printing.
- Strong understanding of the Disaster Recovery process using Quest Rapid Recovery
- Extensive knowledge of Web service using IIS, WordPress, FTP. HTML.
- Good understanding of Window Server 2016, Linux, Confidential Switching, Layer 2 networking, VLAN, IP subnetting, MPLS and/ or TeraGo VLANS, SonicWALL Routers using Advanced Security Suite, Multi-Domain Exchange Mail 2016 integrating Outlook and Apple iPhones with Netcetera Antispam.
- Excellent understanding of managing external DNS records, Webhosting, Domain names, SSL s.
- Excellent Understanding of VOIP, Web conferencing technologies.
- Strong Understanding of Patch Management (Windows WSUS, SonicWALL Routers, Confidential Switches, Ubiquiti Wireless Devices and Cellular Phones) CT
- Ability to develop and coach others
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
- Good analytical and business judgment including demonstrated problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Effective troubleshooter, adept at solving problems rapidly.
- Strong knowledge of network hardware including servers, routers, and other computer devices.
- Scheduled, coordinated and deployed server updates and preventative maintenance with limited downtime.
- Expert in network security protocols, anti-virus and firewall configuration.
- Proven ability to integrate old systems and databases with new software applications and advanced technology.
- Maintained over 50 servers with full responsibility for 100% system uptime.
- Designed, implemented and management hosted server applications.
- Provided escalated IT support including hardware troubleshooting, backup and recovery, email communication and application support.
- Setup and maintained LAN connectivity and wireless networks.
- Planned and built redundancy into existing systems to eliminate downtime due to server failure.
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior Network Administrator
- Maintaining Sophos Antivirus client / server.
- Analyzing and researching internet and cloud infrastructures and technologies
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, designing and implementing network architectures and topologies
- Configuring, operating and recommending improvements to network and security infrastructure
- Working closely with other operations teams to establish business requirements to design and maintain cutting edge systems with a focus on web technologies
- Monitoring and ensuring the network is in a high-performance state
- Ensuring best industrial network security practices are implemented by auditing designs and configurations of routers, switches, firewalls, IDS, ISE and monitoring solutions
- Supporting the configuration, installation and testing of equipment, including custom hardware platforms by field technicians
- Escalating critical incidents as necessary while keeping stakeholders informed
- Working with external vendors and service providers to develop, evaluate and integrate technology enhancements and new functionalities
- Testing new design protocols in a dedicated lab environment
- Following incident and change management processes
- Installing and managed Sophos email / web appliances.
- Analyzing and revamped antiquated and inefficient processes to increase productivity while bringing in newer and more efficient technologies. Brought the company and network up to industry standards, ensuring 99% uptime.
- Establishing central backup solution so backup tapes from 20+ servers were changed once a week versus every day. Consolidated servers and brought in new servers with a fixed rotation schedule.
- Migrating 150+ users from full internal email system with an Exchange Server to Google Apps so all email resided in the cloud. Due to budget restraints, later migrated employees to Office 365.
Confidential, Round Rock, TX
Senior Network Administrator
- Implemented Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Imaging system to streamline deployment and restoration of workstations.
- Maintained and serviced Confidential & HP servers; Lenovo, HP & Confidential workstations; Lenovo, Confidential & Asus laptops.
- Enhanced Mobile Device Management policy for remote management of handheld devices.
- Analyzed and inventory all key network infrastructure assets for planning of corporation wide infrastructure upgrade.
- Maintained and configured SonicWall and Cisco-Meraki network appliances at 20+ sites for intrusion detection/protection, content filtering and remote access.
- Ensured corporate and department objectives were accomplished in accordance with outlined objectives and mission statements.
- Conversed of servers to VMWare ESXi & VMWare vSphere for system redundancy.
- Designed configure, deploy and manage company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including routers, switches, access points, and other network related solutions to ensure their smooth, reliable and secure operation for fulfilling business needs.
- Implemented network security and encryption, and control access permissions and privileges within the network environment.
- Analyzed and resolve network problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and document resolutions for future .
- Oversaw installation, configuration, maintenance, upgrades, and troubleshooting of network hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Investigated recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability, performance and security.
- Monitored analyze and optimize network performance and availability, by performing proactive tuning and corrective actions to provide the service levels agreed.
- Interacted and negotiated with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to improve network products and services and ensure SLAs are met.
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior Network Administrator
- Developed department budgets with a combination of best practice options and cost analysis based on business growth and evolving user requirements.
- Recommended hardware and/or software solutions for short- and long-range goals. Researched options available and implemented.
- Researched, proposed, and implemented a backup to disk system.
- Assisted in the implementation of a Cisco Call Manager solution.
- Successfully upgraded all Citrix Presentation Servers to version 4.5 with miniscule down time.
- Upgraded large industry specific tax software suite from 2004 version to 2008 and overcame all challenges associated with repeatedly skipping version upgrades.
- Brought new satellite office online connecting Carbondale, CO office with main office in Aspen, CO with full network functionality.
- Collaborated in the planning of the new satellite office infrastructure and oversaw or assisted with installation from cabling to routers, switches, and Cisco IP phones. Ordered and setup all workstations, printers, and copiers at new office location
- Management of WAN, LAN, Network Security and Wireless nationwide to provide high network level availability and redundancy for the organization.
- Evaluate new Network Hardware, Security and Software solutions and monitor the market for emerging technology
Confidential, New York, N.Y
- Managed a network that provided classified and unclassified communications to approximately 72 users
- Understand, Configure, Maintain, Deploy Windows Servers on local hardware
- Assisted in setting up government laptops for use on the network, as well VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) phones
- Oversaw and assisted 15 employees to implement multiple modes of data transmission such as High Capacity Line of Sight, Satellite Tactical Trailer, and Tropospheric transmission
- Managed cryptographic COMSEC devices such KIV-7, KIV-19, and KG-175D for secure, encrypted transmissions of a non-secure network
- Conducted technical, operational and network maintenance to all subordinates on the network operation procedures
- Managed Cisco Switches and Routers for network operations, utilizing network monitoring tools to optimize network efficiency
- Configured, & Maintained firewalls (or equivalent/understanding firewall) and maintained a relationship with hosted firewall services
- Configured, maintain Multi-site WAN connectivity and configured, maintain layer switches
Confidential, Hartfort, CT
Network Administrator/Help Desk Support
- Installed, managed Microsoft Systems Management Server and McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Enterprise Antivirus.
- Performed maintenance of personal computers and peripheral equipment, identifying problems and providing appropriate solutions.
- Responsible for assisting our Network team with monitoring the Windows 2008 R2, and 2012 Servers.
- Installed, repaired, maintained, and upgraded Windows desktop and Windows notebook computers.
- Worked the Help Desk providing PC and Mobile support, diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving client issues with hardware maintenance, installations and upgrades.
- Provided tier II technical assistance and support for incoming calls from clients and issues related to internet/network connectivity. Responded to calls either onsite or over the phone.
- Administered network-related services to the clients.
- Trained team members on IT-related issues such as installing and configuring windows based operating systems, communication devices.
- Provided on installing and maintaining small to mid-size computer networks.
- Ran reports on competitors in relation to connectivity such as downlink and uplinks.
- Wrote and approved manuals for system upgrades, operating systems, and hardware.
- Reported to Technical Services Manager to coordinate efforts.
- Prioritized customer service and supported to ensure highest level of client satisfaction.
- Knowledge of remote desktop connections, peer to peer file sharing and other applications associated with remote IT assistance.
- Ability to handle different clients and different systems simultaneous