- Highly effective Senior Network & Voice Engineer delivers comprehensive global voice and data network/systems planning, design, execution, and support.
- Demonstrated track record in blueprinting/implementing Cisco IP telephony solutions and providing proposed solution or as - built networks documentation.
- Experience deploying Cisco CallManager v4.1.3 - v8.6, Unity v4.0.5 with unified messaging, UCXN v8.6.2, voice routers (FXS, FXO, PRI), and POE switches.
- Lead configurations spanning enterprise-wide QOS with LLQ for Voice, Video, and Fax over IP; Cisco wireless access points to support Wi-Fi VoIP (7920) phones; and EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, and RIP routing protocols and mutual route redistribution between different routing protocols.
Senior Network Engineer
- Diagnoses and correlate complex network problems, and identify root causes to develop remediation strategies.
- Respond to Wireless issues affecting clinical applications.
- Monitor Wireless LAN Controllers and remediate missing wireless access points.
- Configure network devices, including Cisco routers, switches, firewall, wireless LAN controllers and access points in a highly available clinical environment.
- Rack and stack network equipment and conduct testing and tracing of network cables.
- Document all network changes and implementations.
- Perform trending analysis for chronic issue resolution and remediate escalated network issues.
- Analyze converged network traffic and report to management on results.
- Work directly with WAN and internet carriers during implementations and outages.
- Drive improvements in network design, efficiency and standardization.
- Lead and guide lower level network staff, as necessary.
Senior Network Engineer
- Built disaster recovery data center network infrastructure with Cisco Nexus 7K, 2K, 3120x switches. Configure Virtual Port Channels for servers, HP blade 7k chassis.
- Designed and implemented dual layer high availability Palo Alto firewall network with multiple layer 2 DMZs with virtual port channels.
- Provide support for all infrastructure based projects including equipment installation and maintenance, troubleshooting, system monitoring and alerting and timely problem resolution.
- Monitor network with SolarWinds and Cisco Prime. Upgraded Cisco Prime VM from V2.0 to v3.0.2
- Adhere to established SLAs in responding to and completing service tickets, including providing a high level of customer support, detailed root cause analysis, and trouble reports for system outages.
- Adhere to established departmental operational policies and procedures.
- Act as a contact person for outside vendors during installation, production changes, and repair and/or removal of equipment or services.
- Utilize software and hardware diagnostic tools to identify, diagnose and repair complex problems and issues affecting system performance.
- Assist in the development of network and BCP documentation, including diagrams, equipment inventories and Departmental Procedures.
- Perform after hours support duties on a rotating 24x7 basis to sustain networking systems and end user support.
Senior Network / Voice Engineer
- Facilitated thousands of end users by spearheading multiple global wireless, LAN, and voice projects; provided comprehensive guidance, support, and one-on-one training for project-assigned network engineers.
- Configurations: Cisco switches with QOS, port channels, trunk ports, spanning tree, root bridges; Cisco core switches with layer 3 VLANs, HSRP; 3945 voice gateways in multiple locations for SRST, H.323 dial-peers, and SCCP for DSP farms; Cisco VG224 Analog voice gateways.
- IP Telephony: Built disaster recovery office space with 150 Cisco IP phones; imported thousands of Cisco phones, utilizing Cisco BAT utility; architected new LAN to support IP telephony.
- Administered Call Manager v5 & v8.6 clusters. Conducted engineering work on Call Manager v8.6 and Unity UCXN v8.6.2.
- Provided voice gateway engineering on toll-bypass for India call center.
- Identified root causes by troubleshooting and diagnosing network problems. Opened Cisco TAC cases to troubleshoot issues.
- Implemented a wireless solution to serve 3,500 users. Executed Cisco Unified Communication solutions for thousands of end users.
- Implementations: global Wi-Fi networks with Cisco 4404, 5508 WLCs; Cisco WCS Wi-Fi management server.
- Performed Wi-Fi Site surveys and designed Wi-Fi Access Point layout.