- A Network Engineering professional with 18+ years’ experience deploying leading edge technology. Comfortable working in the fast paced, constantly evolving, high uptime, results driven financial industry. Experienced and knowledgeable in managing people and providing innovative cost saving solutions. Builds strong relationships with vendors, clients and professional colleagues to achieve consistently superior results.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Strategic planning of network deployments
- Ongoing support and troubleshooting
- Client service delivery
- Relationship management
- Network design and implementation
- Documentation, standardization of networks
- Leading projects and people
- Data Center builds and migrations
- Cisco routers switches
- Juniper switching and routing
- Internet and VPN solutions
- BIG Ip load balancers
- Aruba Wireless deployments
- TCP/IP stacks addressing and sub netting
- 3 DNS troubleshooting networks
- WINTEL and Unix desktops and server connectivity
- Mainframe connectivity over TCP/IP DLSW
- WAN technologies and carrier networks
- MPLS cloud computing
- CEP and Firewall migrations and deployments redundancy HSRP
- VRRP routing and switching solutions
- Spanning Tree
- IGRP static routing
- Ether channel tunneling
- 802.1q trunks
Network Engineering Consultant
- Complete over 50 WAN migration projects for Confidential Canada and Confidential US sites to Verizon MPLS PIP - VOIP, QOS, PIP Gold CAR access, distributed CE-PE Verizon MPLS BGP VRF cloud. Plan and implement 5 large Mergers and Acquisitions Network Integration projects. Design, cost, implement and post cutover support. Complete 20 sites for Cisco ISR/Verizon 4G LTE WAN backup solutions over GRE tunnel to PIP.
- Complete Data center, Main Offices and Branch Offices Wan and Lan restack builds and upgrades, migrating from Cisco 6500, Cisco 4507 Layer 3 Cores and 3650 stacks to Juniper 9200 Series, EX4600, EX4200 and EX3300 solutions. The design utilizes MC-LAG at the core/distribution layer and Juniper virtual chassis at the access layer. Interconnect to Verizon MPLS WAN, C to CE/PE via OSPF, IBGP, EBGP and EBGP Multipath.
- Complete internet network changes and upgrades with ISP’s for redundancy and failover and default route for Canadian sites. Solution and implement site to site VPN IPSEC encryption projects for Data and VOIP connectivity to remote offices.
- Deploy and integrate and support Aruba 3600 Wireless Lan Controllers, Instant Access Points, Aruba 135 Access Points and Aruba Access Managers to Cisco 4500, Cisco 3750 and Juniper 9200 and Juniper EX 3300 switches for Main and Branch LAN and Guest connectivity. Complete post project documentation, troubleshooting procedures and network topology diagrams.
- InfoBlox administration for DHCP, DNS, IP address management, VOIP and Data segmentation for end to end solution.
- 3 rd level network troubleshooting escalated from NOC. Use tools like OMNI center, Wireshark, TCLSH, Jperf, angry ip scanner, ping plotter, FTP and SFTP emulation program, Solarwinds Response Time Viewer, Microsoft Network Monitor; Secure CRT, Aruba Airwave, Aruba CLI, DNS View, Junos Space for troubleshooting Cisco and Juniper routers and switches.
Network integration and Infrastructure Specialist
- Complete data center and hub room migration projects using Cisco 6500 series, 4507 Layer 3 core and Cisco Nexus 5548/Nexus 2000 FEX to 4500 layer 2 access switches for data, VOIP, IPC trader turrets, B to B CEP, wireless AP’s, using various routing methodologies BGP, OSPF, RIP and media technologies including Ether channel, 802.1q trunking, POS, frame relay, ATM, Metro Ethernet and MPLS cloud.
- Created BOMS, costing, sourcing and relationship management with Cisco providers, carriers, carriers, service providers, Business to Business third party companies and vendors.
- Developed and implemented network designs to meet business and application development needs using BIG IP Load LTM 3400 balancers, 3 DNS, DMZ Firewalled Internet Banking, Virtual servers and teaming, DLSW Main Frame connectivity, VPN business to business, NDM connectivity solutions.
- Post implementation and ongoing support - Provided Level 3 end to end support for Data Center, Operations support and user community. Provided 24 by 7 day support for operations group to maintain network availability and provide quick resolution to complex problems. Tasked with ensuring optimal client experience and SLA for 1000+ clients including trading floor by proactively engaging and leading cross functional teams to work together and create solutions.
- Contributed to the establishment and implementation of networking technology standards across the global network. Ensured standards and best practices are implemented within the Citi Canada network.
- Managed teams of up to 15, deploying WINTEL clients and applications, created NT and Novell domain controllers and provide file and print servers and desktop connectivity for all of Citi Canada Main Campus and Branch networks.