- Versatile, results - oriented professional with 20+ years’ success in network engineering, network security, and IT administration including maintenance of service-level agreements (SLA) on national scale.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities including designing, implementing, monitoring, and updating intricate network hardware and software using existing and emerging technologies including Confidential products.
- Forward-looking approach to triaging and problem-solving operational issues with ability to maintain focus in high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Practical knowledge of routing and switching protocols with ability to support data network infrastructure; extensive experience with LAN/WAN, Wi-Fi, VPN, VoIP, and QoS in production environments.
- Honed communication skills leveraged to manage vendors, drive consensus among key stakeholders at all levels, and train and lead high-performance teams to develop effective network and systems infrastructure ultimately resulting in outstanding experiences for internal and external customers.
Environment: s: Windows 2000 Advanced Server & Datacenter Server, Windows 95/98/2000 Professional, Novell NetWare 4.11, DOS, Oracle 9, Dbase IV.
Protocols: Token ring, frame relay, gigabit ethernet, fast ethernet, frame relay, T1, T3, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, RIP, SLIP, PPP, ATM, OSPF, SMTP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, RIP, IGRP, SNA, CHAP, PAP, SNMP, PPP, HDLC, ISDN.
Languages: C, C++, FORTRAN, BASIC.
Tools: MS Office, Lotus Notes, Veritas system backup, Jet Admin, Confidential tools, AutoCAD 12.
Hardware: Confidential 4331, Confidential 4451, Confidential ARR1001x, & Confidential 29xx routers; Nexus 9k Switches, Confidential C9500 Catalyst, Confidential 3850, Confidential 2960, WAPs.
- Install, configure, and maintain Confidential Gears for APTIV and Delphi technologies to successfully divide LAN/WAN network and facilitate operation of new and existing devices.
- Prepare bills of materials (BoM). Design and implement GW routers and internet-facing routers, DMVPN, and core and access switches.
- Rapidly enhanced skill set to meet organizational needs and provide expertise to key stakeholders.
- Spearheaded LAN/WAN VoIP project to refresh network gears. Led team to replace old Confidential routers and switches with new equipment.
- Partially redesigned network by adding voice gateways and voice access routers.
- Configured new voice subnets, QoS, and other technologies to accommodate new phone system.
- Successfully resolved technical problems in demanding, time-sensitive environment.