- Knowledge of 2G/3G/4G Cellular systems/networks (GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 3GPP/UMTS
- 3GPP2/CDMA2000, EVDO, HSDPA/HSUPA, LTE), TCP/IP suite of protocols, Wireless IP
- RF propagation, iDEN, CDMA, WCDMA, 4G/LTE, ADSL, Broadband ISDN, SONET and SDH
- FRAME RELAY, and ATM technologies employed in LAN, WAN, and wireless internetworking system, VOIP technology.
- WindCatcher and Actix optimization platforms, JDSU Agilent E6474A Wireless Network Optimization Platform iBwave, Atoll, TEMS, TESLA, Quantum, FUZE, SiteTraker, PiLOT, ALU SAM, ALU NPO, ALU NRPM/NUPM
- MBBT Tools, MapInfo Professional, MS Streets and Trips, Planet EV, Atoll, NetAct, RFDS, Siterra, PuttyFTP
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Responsible for contributing in the RF Design of the regional wireless network.
- Reviewed site close out packages, site sweep/PIM results for accuracy, updated databases with necessary information.
- Coordinated with Construction & Implementation teams when sweep/PIM results are failing, worked to ensure problems are resolved in a timely manner
- Kept a good database of results and status of Close Out package reviews
- Created search areas and reviewed search area candidates within geographic area by taking into consideration baseline, performance issues, capacity, topography, and population.
- Verified CD’s and LE’s for approval.
- Created projects for new sites and upgrades for Macro and Small Cell sites for 4G/5G and NR technologies, analyzed RF coverage using propagation modeling and prediction tools (Atoll and Atoll ACP), built sites in Atoll.
- Created site design RFDS and completed plumbing diagrams, for 4G and 5G technologies on MACRO and SC design.
- Provided support for Construction, Equipment departments, as well as for contractors during construction at the sites.
- Worked directly with Performance team in order to insure the normal operation of the network.
- Performed ring search analysis, created new projects and designed new sites end - to-end; occasional site visits.
- Evaluated coverage problems and requirements for coverage and capacity cells.
- Utilized propagation tools and other RF related equipment such as MapInfo, ATOLL, iBwave, Datapro for site candidate comparison, propagation and coverage review and selection, zoning and regulatory.
- Determination of regulatory coverage boundaries for extensions, FAA/FCC filings.
- Ensured 100% regulatory requirements are met in every phase of design project.
- Evaluated site compliance with health, safety, and environmental requirements.
RF Field Engineer
- Responsible with the RF measurements and design of the mesh network that will connect the Con Edison equipment located in the New York City area to internet.
- Overseen installation, performed maintenance and optimization of macro wireless radio access network communications systems, including radio propagation modeling and prediction, interference analysis and mitigation, frequency coordination, parameter definition and ancillary equipment. Analyzed RAN data to recommend optimal changes to RAN network to improve all the key indexes and performance indicators. Delivered support for commissioning, integration, and troubleshooting for new sites and frequency add-on (Alcatel-Lucent).
- Performed DAS issues analysis and provided commissioning and integration support for new DAS (recorded data through walk testing using TEMS units and performed post processing using Actix Analyzer and Windcatcher tools; verified DAS installation according to RFDS plans and provided interference and alarm mitigation support). Provided active support for the DAS RF Design team.