- Analytical and highly adaptable Network Engineer with 13 years of experience in network administration/maintenance, including analyzing, architecting, installing, maintaining, configuring, and implanting hardware, software, peripherals, and networks. Proven ability to create and deliver solutions tied to system efficiency.
- Track record of success developing, deploying and evaluating systems aimed at improving quality and efficiency. Advanced expertise in Cisco/Juniper routing and switching configuration, Cisco network infrastructure, peripheral processes, LAN/WAN administration, network maintenance and optimization, disaster recovery and client testing, and integrated software applications.
- Skilled troubleshooter comfortable managing systems, projects and teams in a range of IT environments. Effectively plan, install, configure and optimize IT infrastructures through monitoring, triaging, and continuous process improvement to achieve high availability, user uptime, and performance. Excellent communication skills, develop strong relationships with co - workers, management and end users.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Network Connectivity & Security
- Network Design & Monitoring
- New Technology Implementation
- Hardware/Software Configuration
- Technical Troubleshooting
- Backup & Disaster Recovery Planning
- Network Upgrades & Optimization
- Project/Program Management
- Data Center Layout/Server Rack Design
- Server Installation & Maintenance
- End-user/Staff Training & Support
- Server Installation & Maintenance
- Confidential Organization
- Vendor Management
Networking Protocols: Layer 2 LAN/WAN protocols; Gigabit Ethernet (1G, 10G, 40G, 100G), 802.1Q VLANs; General TCP/ IP; DNS, DHCP, WINS; Routing protocols; EIGRP, RIP, BGP, OSPF
Network and Server Hardware/Vendors: Cisco (Catalyst, IOS, XR, NX); Juniper (SRX, MX, EX); CheckPoint; F5 (AFM/LTM); HP ProCurve & Comware 7 (LAN switches); Server hardware platforms; Dell, IBM, HP, SuperMicro
Virtualization: OpenStack, Virtual Box
Operating Systems & Applications: Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, & OSX
Confidential, Southlake, TX
Principal Member of Technical Staff
- Effectively conducted troubleshooting of deployments, identified and reported potential/current issues with deployments, reproduced tenant issues, and confirmed bugs and triaged for the development team.
- Delivered architectural guidance, which include review and documentation of services and APIs within the ecosystem.
- Expertly employed effective service integration techniques for software decomposition and conversion to microservices.
- Analyzed, determined and resolved dependencies, repeating infrastructure, platform, and application component issues.
- Ensured smooth running of all Confidential by dissecting, understanding, and resolving the most complicated glitches within the Confidential Wireless transport infrastructure.
- Worked closely with hardware vendors to identify root cause and solutions to prevent future outages.
- Directed cross-functional engineering teams to implement advanced security measures to harden the network/server
- Led overall process of troubleshooting and resolving newsworthy P1 outages by commanding and controlling outage bridges and driving services towards restoration.
- Played a key role in on-call rotations and worked with maintenance windows to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Expertly developed methods of procedures (MOPs) to provide a step-by-step sequence for performing operations to various groups within Data Services organizations.
- Isolated operational inefficiencies through the development and implementation of effective solutions for these inefficiencies, which ultimately resulting in eliminating inefficiencies and adding value to the organization.
- Ensured the delivery of exceptional service and consistent positive experience to internal customers and 100+ million subscribers by developing a high performance through consistent training and motivation to train new department personnel.