- Highly analytical computer security analyst with success both defending and attacking large - scale enterprise networks.
- Working knowledge of OWAS Top 10 and SANS Top 25 software guidelines, Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council's (FFIEC) regulations,including Payment Card Industry (PCI-DSS), HIPAA, Center for Information Security (CIS benchmarks) and Sarbanes-Oxley Section404 (SOX).
- Experience in conducting IT Security Risk Assessments in accordance to NIST and FFIEC framework
- I’ve hands-on experience in performing threat hunting using Carbon Black as part of Security Operations Center (SOC) operations.
- Very good experience in tools like Burp Suite, IBM/HCLAppScan Standard, AppScan Enterprise, AppScan Source Analysis, Secure Assist, Checkmarx, HP Toolkit, HP Web Inspect, HP AMP, Qualys, Nessus, Nmap, etc.,
- Hands-on with Penetration Testing, DAST, SAST, IAST and manual ethical hacking.
- Advanced threat hunting, root cause analysis using Carbon Black (Cb Response), decide on what to remediate and what to risk accept based on security requirements. Implementation of cloud (AWS and MS Azure) security controls for IaaS, PaaS and SaaS based applications and infrastructure.
- Hands-on with Symantec CloudSOC CASB and Symantec DLP.
- Working knowledge of IAM implementation, OAuth2.0, SAML frameworks.
- Experience using a wide variety of security tools to include Kali-Linux, Metasploit, HP WebInspect, HP Microfocus Fortify, Veracode, BurpSuite Pro, Wireshark, L0phtcrack, Snort, Nmap, Nmap-NSE, Cain and Abel, Nitko, Dirbuster, IBM App Scan, MicrofocusWebInspect, OWASP ZAProxy, Nessus, Open Vas, W3AF, BeEF, Etthercap, Maltego, Wifi-Security, SIFT, SOAP UI, Havij, Aircrack-ng suite.
- Hands-on with network penetration testing and ethical hacking.
- Involved in implementing and validating the security principles of minimum attack surfacearea, least privilege, secure defaults, avoiding security by obscurity, keep security simple, Fixing security issuescorrectly.
- Worked on Web Application Firewalls (WAF) and database security / Vulnerability scanners.
- Strong knowledge in Manual and Automated Security testing for Web and Mobile Applications.
- Analyze the results of penetrations tests, design reviews, source code reviews and other security tests.
- Decide on what to remediate and what to risk accept based on security requirements.
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Java Scriptand Power Shell.
SECURITY TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGIES:
Security Tools: MicrofocusWebInspect, QualysGuard, Veracode, RSAArcher, FireEye Retina, Onapsis, IBM/HCLAppScan Enterprise (ASE), Standard & Source editions, BurpSuite Pro, Acunetix, Fortify SCA,BeEF,WAS, SQLMAP. CHEKMARX (Code Analysis), Carbon Black. CigitalSecureAssist, AppDetect, BeyondTrust PAM, Oracle Identity Manager, Oracle Access Manager,JHijack, Metasploit Pro, ZED attack proxy, IDA Pro, Firemon, SQLMAP, Wireshark, WebScarab, BlueCoat Proxy, Nmap, BMC BladeLogic, Nessus, Rapid7 Nexpose, Tripwire, DBProtect, ArcSight SIEM, e-DMZ Password Auto Repository (PAR), Varonis, Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud security.
Programming Languages: Java, C# .NET, C, C++
Identity & Data Protection Tools: Gemalto KeySecure HSM, ProtectDB, ProtectFile, RSA Single Sign-On (SSO), OAuth2.0 & SAML, Two-Factor (2F) authentication.
Cloud Platforms: Java & J2EE Technology
AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud Platform(GCP): Spring Framework, EJBs, Struts2, Servlets, JavaServerPages (JSPs), JMS, Java Mail API, JNDI, LDAP, JDBC, JTS, RMI, AWT, Swing, Socket Programming, IONA Orbix CORBA.
Networking: IDA pro, OllyDbg, Windbg, Symantec Endpoint Protection, DL, Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco IronPort, Check Point, Cisco ASA, IDS/IPS, Anti-virus, BMC BladeLogic, Remedy.
Scripting Languages: Python, Powershell, shell Scripting
Web Services: RESTFul/SOAP, SOA, UDDI, WSDL, Apigee, SoapUI Pro
Operating System: Linux/Unix (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Debian, Ubuntu, Kali Linux), Windows.
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server
Sr. Security Engineer
- Performed code analysis usingMicrofocus Fortify, Veracode, CHECKMARX.
- Performed the penetration testing of mobile (Android and iOS) applications, specifically, APK reverse engineering, traffic analysis, malware analysis (IDA Pro), and manipulation, dynamic runtime analysis.
- Worked with external security vendors (i.e., TrendMicro) in conducting Managed Detection and
- Instrumental in architecting, implementing and administrating a Security and Information Event Management (SIEM) solution (Splunk) to automate the correlation,
- Performed API Security testing, CI/CD pipeline, security automation of APIs using SmartBear SoapUI Pro.
- Working knowledge of OWASP Top 10 and SANS Top 25 software guidelines, Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council's (FFIEC) regulations, including Payment Card Industry (PCI-DSS 3.2), HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley Section404 (SOX).
- Hands-on experience with Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).
- Participated in the implementation of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) for securing data at rest and data in transit. Involved in the implementation of encryption and decryption of confidential data and supported the certificate key life cycle.
- Worked on MITRE ATT&CT to strengthen the cyber defense and developed analytical techniques.
- Implemented Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) using Jenkins CI which has very strong build pipeline consists of Build verification, Junit tests, Deployment Tests, API tests, Service Tests.
- Participated in the implementation of Tanium platform. Deployed and configured Tanium Asset, Patch, EDR and Vulnerability Configuration modules, generated reports and applied remediation to meet the compliance.
- Implemented DevSecOps for automating security scanning process and integrated with CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, GitHub, Gradle, TFS.
- Configured security controls for AWS VPCs, S3 buckets, EC2 instances, ECS, ECRs. Developed IAM and configured IAM policies to secure AWS accounts and roles.
- Participated in the implementation of AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC). Implemented multiple layers of security, including security groups, network access control lists, to control access to Amazon EC2 instances in each subnet.
- Implemented Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) for cloud apps using Symantec CloudSOC. Integrated CloudSOC CASB with Symantec DLP and Endpoint Protection (SEP).
- Identifying the critical, High, Medium, Low vulnerabilities in the applications based on OWASP Top 10 and SANS 25 and prioritizing them based on the criticality.
- Proficient in understanding application level vulnerabilities like XSS, SQL Injection, ClickJacking, CSRF, authentication bypass, cryptographic attacks, authentication flaws etc.
- Conducted security assessment of PKI Enabled Applications
- Skilled using Burp Suite Pro, Veracode, HP Web Inspect, IBM AppScan Standard, Source and Enterprise, nmap, Dirbuster, Qualysguard, Nessus, SQLMap, RSAArcher, FireEye Retina, Onapsis for web application penetration tests and infrastructure testing. Performing onsite & remote security consulting including penetration testing, application testing, web application security assessment, onsite internet security assessment, social engineering, wireless assessment, and IDS/IPS hardware deployment.
- Capturing and analyzing network traffic at all layers of the OSI model.
- Monitor the Security of Critical System (e.g. e-mail servers, database servers, Web Servers, Application Servers, etc.).
- Performed pen testing of both internal and external networks. The pen testing scope included O/S SQL, Oracle Database.
- Performed the configuration of security solutions like RSA two factor authentication, PingFederateSingle Sign on (SSO), SAML 2.0, Symantec DLP and log aggregation and analysis using HP ArcSight SIEM.
- Change Management to highly sensitive Computer Security Controls to ensure appropriate system administrative actions, investigate and report on noted irregularities.
- Conduct network vulnerability assessments using tools to evaluate attack vectors, Identify System Vulnerabilities and develop remediation plans including, security policies, standards and procedures.
Sr. Security Engineer
- Expertise in using the DAST tools (IBM Appscan and BurpSuite Pro) while the application is running to penetrate the application in various ways to identify potential vulnerabilities outside the code and in third party interfaces.
- Performed code analysis with Checkmarx and Served as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the field of application security and Cyber security operations.
- Python has been utilized for SQL/HTML/LDAP injection, cross site scripting, command injection in web applications and identifying misconfigurations.
- Automated security scanning process ( DevSecOps) as part of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery ( CI/CD) of security reports into the build cycle.
- Performed pen testing of both internal and external networks as per PCI-DSS standards. The pen testing scope included O/S (Windows and Linux) and external facing web apps and database servers that store credit card information.
- Developed Security requirements for Data Loss Prevention (DLP) specifically for Data at Endpoint, Data In-transit, and Data at rest.
- Worked on design and development of multiple security operations in SIEM and endpoint protection and data protection.
- Worked with IBM QradarSIEM Integration a IDS/IPS And responsible for integrating the log sources with IBM Qradar.
- Managed security assessments to ensure compliance to firm’s security standards (i.e., OWASP Top 10, SANS25). Specifically, security testing has been performed to identify XML External Entity (XXE), Cross-Site Scripting and SQL Injection related attacks within the code.
- Conducted security assessment of Cryptography applications including the apps that use Hardware Security Model (HSM).
- Implemented HP ArcSight ESM including, correlation rules, data-monitors, reports, event annotation stages, case customization, active lists, and pattern discovery.
- Performed pen testing of both internal and external networks. The pen testing scope included O/S (Windows and Linux) and external facing web apps and database servers that store customer confidential information.
- Working knowledge of OWASP Top 10 and SANS Top 25 software guidelines, Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council's (FFIEC) regulations, including Payment Card Industry (PCI-DSS), HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley Section404 (SOX).
- Participated in Web Application Security Testing including the areas covering Mobile, Network, security, WIFI.
- Conducted pen testing for the Web Services (SOA) used by various travel agency partners to connect to Wyndham for booking and reservations.
- Reviewed Azure network security architecture and implemented security controls. Specifically, Azure virtual networks, including on-premise connectivity, traffic filtering, secure communication, point-to-site VPN etc
- Participated in the implementation of AWS Cloud security for applications being deployed in the Cloud. Developed WACLS and configured rules and conditions to detect security vulnerabilities in the Cloud Front.
- Implemented Security Group Policies for Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instances within AWS. Developed AWS Service Roles to protect Identity Provider access
- Skilled using Burp Suite, Checkmarx, HP Fortify, SecureAssist, WAS, NMAP, Havij, DirBuster for web application penetration tests.
- Generated and presented reports on Security Vulnerabilities to both internal and external customers.
- Security assessment of online applications to identify the vulnerabilities in different categories like Input and data Validation, Authentication, Authorization, Auditing & logging.
- Vulnerability Assessment of various web applications used in the organization using Burp Suite, and Web Scarab, HP Web Inspect.
- Experience with Identity and Access Management (IAM) and development of user roles and policies for user access management.
- Analyzed correlation rules developed for Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) system. Reviewed the solution implemented for “log forwarding” from various network devices to ArcSight central logging for alerting and security monitoring.
- Training the development team on the most common vulnerabilities and common code review issues and explaining the remediation.
- Follow up and ensure the closure of the raised vulnerabilities by revalidating and ensuring 100% Closure.
- Update with the new hackings and latest vulnerabilities to ensure no such loopholes are present in the existing System
Confidential, New Jersey, NJ
- Extensive Interaction with Onsite Coordinator in understanding the business issues, requirements, doing exhaustive analysis and providing end-to-end solutions.
- Conducting Web Application Vulnerability Assessment & Threat Modeling, Gap Analysis, secure code review on the applications.
- Performed malware analysis using IDAPro, OllyDbg, Windbg.
- Conducted security assessments of firewalls, routers, VPNs, BlueCoat Proxy, IDS/IPS and verified its compliance to internal and external security standards.
- Experience with ISO 27001/27002 Certification for ISMS, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Compliance
- Doing multiple level of testing before production to ensure smooth deployment cycle.
- Creation of Generic Scripts for testing and reusability.
- Performed security hardening for Linux, Windows, Web servers, App Servers and Database servers in accordance with both internal and external standards (CIS benchmarks, PCI-DSS, NIST, FFIEC etc.,)
- Application Security Review of all the impacted and non-impacted issues.
- Providing guidance to Development team for better understanding of Vulnerabilities.
- Assisting customer in understanding risk and threat level associated with vulnerability so that customer may or may not accept risk with respect to business criticality
- Identifying the critical, High, Medium, Low vulnerabilities in the applications based on OWASP Top 10 and SANS 25 and prioritizing them based on the criticality for remediation.
- Assisting in review of solution architectures from security point of view which helps avoiding security related issues/threats at the early stage of project
- Ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Designed and developed a suite of applications used by the internal cyber security operations group.
- Design and implementation of SOAP, RESTful Web services.
- Developed application presentation layer, which is based on Spring MVC framework involving JSP, Servlets, RESTFul Web Services, and HTML, CSS
- Heavily leveraged Python's graphics APIs for creating graphics and serialization libraries for encoding data in XML/JSON formats.
- Hands on experience programming with C++, Python, Django and Ajax technologies.
- Used Python based GUI components for the frontend functionality such as selection criteria Created test harness to enable comprehensive testing utilizing Python.
- Well versed in WAMP (Windows, Apache, MYSQL, and Python) and LAMP (Linux, MySQL, and Python) Architecture.
- Developed Servlets and Utilized JQuery to create a fast and efficient chat server.
- Implemented the Scrum Agile methodology for iterative development of the application.
- Developed server side business components using Java Servlets, JSPs, and Enterprise Java Beans (EJBs)
- Used Spring Framework for Dependency injection and integrated with the Hibernate framework for interacting with the Oracle database.
- Automated code deployment to production environment by creating tasks using ANT, Maven deployment tools.
- Involved in system design, enterprise application development using object-oriented analysis in Java/JEE6.
- Developed stored procedures, views and triggers using Oracle PL/SQL.
- Analyzed performance issues in the application, related system configuration and developed solutions for improvement.
- Involved in WebLogic and Tomcat application server installation and configuration in production, development and QA environments.
- Conducted training sessions to the rest of the development team on advanced technologies, code reviews and discussion sessions to ensure that coding standards are followed.