Senior Network Engineer and security specialist with strong project management, implementation, troubleshooting, and customer service skills.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Palo Alto NGFW firewall and security technologies. Network infrastructure design and consulting, firewall policy optimization, protocol analysis and troubleshooting, business needs analysis, topology design and documentation, customer knowledge transfer and training.
Applications/Services: Palo Alto NGFW firewall and security technologies, PCI Compliance, Checkpoint Firewalls, Cisco Firewalls/Switches, Aruba Wireless, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Open Source Networking Tools, Peplink Load Balancing and Bandwidth - Bonding Technologies, TCP/IP Packet and Traffic Analysis, Splunk, Tufin, Firemon, LAN/WAN and VLAN Technologies, NAT, VPN, IPSec, Active Directory
Senior Network Engineer
- Partner and collaborate with the Security, Project Management, Application, and other Business Units to manage and support multi - vendor production network environments essential to customer SLA's and business goals/objectives.
- Principle member of the project team architecting a new network segmentation and migration to a zero-trust environment for PCI compliance.
- Architect, configure, administer and document enterprise firewall infrastructure of on-prem, cloud-based (AWS), legacy firewall ecosystems. Migrate multiple singular policy bases into a centrally managed infrastructure (Panorama).
- Analyze, optimize, and maintain security policies specifically for compliance and audits, security assessments and cleanup, and vulnerability and risk management.
- Collaborate with Cybersecurity and Systems Architects to design and implement IT solutions, strategies, and roadmaps to ensure PCI and HIPAA compliance. Utilize various methods to produce regular reports (Tufin, Firemon, Splunk) communicating the status of the compliance level of network system configurations.
- Provide 3rd level support, deployment, and problem resolution of various enterprise critical infrastructure including LAN/WAN connectivity, on-prem Wi-Fi access, VPN and remote access, Amazon Web Services connectivity/access, QoS and VoIP systems, and Internet services. Troubleshoot complex network issues and performance problems. Execute controlled network changes and communicate to change-advisory Board (CAB).
- Conduct configuration assessment and issue guidelines on network system configurations to align with the regulatory framework set by Information Security. Implement various intrusion detection (IDS), data loss prevention (DLP), URL/WEB filtering, anti-virus and malware, and threat detection systems.
- Transform Business Unit requirements, priorities, and organizational goals into IT solutions, processes, and systems. Manage the implementation of these solutions and the successful handoff of day-to-day support and care to the Operation’s teams.
- Communicate and articulate IT solutions, strategies, decisions, policies and best practices, to upper management, junior level engineers, business units, and other potentially non-technical stakeholders.
Senior Network Engineer
- Managed the deployment of Confidential initiatives and daily operations of perimeter and internal defenses, including best practice deployments for next-generation firewalls, IPS/IDS, DLP, URL filtering, and Anti-bot/Anti-virus/Anti-malware solutions.
- Establish networking environments for new acquisitions and divestitures by designing system configurations, directing system installations, and defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximize network performance and stability by monitoring traffic flows, troubleshooting problems and outages, scheduling upgrades/maintenance, and collaborating with network architects and business units on network optimization.
- Architect, configure, administer, and document enterprise firewall infrastructure of CheckPoint (SPLAT and GAIA) and Cisco (ASA) firewalls.
- Provide 3rd level support and problem resolution of various IT enterprise issues including network access, Exchange email, VPN access, server data backup\restore, virus protection, and server\desktop patching.
Senior Technical Analyst
- Provide technical expertise and support for the architecture, installation, and troubleshooting of enterprise infrastructure systems. Administer, maintain, and monitor daily operations of Windows environments and Active Directory.
- Managed budget to architect, build, and establish a new corporate Technology Test Lab. Administer and maintain test lab’s infrastructure and network backbone of Cisco routers\switches, VMWARE virtual servers and host, HP Proliant-class servers and blades, Windows 2000 and 2003 servers and Active Directory, KVMs, and LAN\WAN test scenarios and setups. Manage daily operations of test lab and allocation of resources. Supervise, manage, and provide guidance\mentoring to test lab co-op.
- Support and monitor enterprise and Data Center servers utilizing Microsoft Operations Manager and HP SIM. Create, maintain, and configure custom scripts to provide proactive monitoring, alerting, and reporting on the performance and health of enterprise Windows servers, Exchange servers, SQL servers, and various transaction and application servers.
- Continually initiate, facilitate, and provide assistance for the evaluation, proof of concept, and\or performance testing of new technologies and existing business processes. Encourage, facilitate, and foster cross-functional and cross-platform teamwork in the enhancement\modification of custom UWW applications and the discovery and recommendation of potential business and enterprise solutions.