Seeking a role as a Dev ops Engineer
- Versatile Cloud DevOps Engineer with an excellent understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in SDLC methodologies with overall 5 years of experience in IT industry seeking to leverage Configuration, Automation and Proven continuous deployment skills to slash release times by 20% for the clients and thus boosted customer satisfaction by 25%.
- Experience in migrating infrastructure and applications from on premise to both Azure & AWS. Also experienced in migrating from cloud to cloud such as AWS to Microsoft Azure.
- Strong experience in setting up the enterprise infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2 instance, ELB, EBS, S3, Security Groups, AMI, RDS, IAM, Cloud F ormation, Cloud Front & VPC services.
- Experience in Azure Active Directory (AD), ADFS, Azure DevOps, SSO and MFA security.
- Extensive experience in Windows Azure (IaaS) migration like creating Azure VMs, storage accounts, VHDs, storage pools.
- Experience in setting up databases in AWS using RDS, configuring instance backups to S3 buckets along with storage.
- Design EC2 instances architecture to meet high availability application architecture and security parameters. Create AWS instances using Terraform and automate the application deployments using Jenkins and Ansible.
- Hands - on experience with AWS CLI and SDKs/API tools.
- Worked on AWS IAM service by creating new IAM users and groups, defining roles, policies and identity providers.
- Good knowledge on container management using Docker in creating images. Worked on Docker containers, container snapshots, attaching and removing images to running containers, image managing and directory structures.
- Experience in implementing Docker-maven-plugin and maven pom to build images for all Microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker images from the java jar files.
- Worked on setting up Jenkins/Azure DevOps as a service inside the Docker swarm cluster to reduce the failover downtime to minutes and to automate the Docker containers deployment without using CM tools.
- Shaped alarms and trigger points in Cloud Watch based on thresholds and monitored the server’s performances, CPU utilization and disk usages.
- Infrastructure management, infrastructure health metrics and performance monitoring using Cloud Watch, Nagios, Log stash, Splunk and Datadog.
- Good experience in Unix/Linux system administration, Server Builds, System builds Installations, Upgrades, Migrations and Troubleshooting on REDHAT Linux, CentOS.
- Deployed and configured GIT repositories with branching, forks, tagging and merge requests.
- Experience in using MAVEN and Gradle as build tools for building Deployable Artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining for Continuous Integration (CI) and for End-End automation of all builds and deployments.
- Strong hands-on expertise on configuring and integrating the servers with different environments and creating new machines using configuration management/provisioning tools like Ansible (Playbook, inventory) and CHEF (Knife, recipe, cookbook).
- Experienced in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work in a team of large members and with minimum supervision necessary.
Environment: s: RHEL 6/7, CentOS 6.7, Linux 4.7, 5.3, Windows 2000, XP, 7/10.
Web/ Programming Languages: XML, HTML, C, C++, PL/SQL, SQL
Scripting Languages: Shell scripting, Python, YAML
Databases: NOSQL (MongoDB), RDBMS (SQL Server, MySQL), PostgreSQL
Build Tools: ANT, Gradle, Maven, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ansible and Chef
Version Control Tools: Subversion, GIT, Bit bucket
AWS: EC2, ELB, Lambda, Cloud Front, AMI, IAM, Relational Data Base, VPC, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, S3, SNS and EMR
Monitoring Tools: Cloud Watch, Nagios and ELK
Network Protocols: SSH, VPN
Cloud Services: AWS, GCP and AZURE
Platforms: Visual Studio 2010/2012, Android and WebSphere
- Involved in migrating service from a managed hosting environment to AWS including overall plan, cost analysis, service design, network layout, data migration, automation, deployments and cutover, monitoring, documentation and timeline.
- Created AWS Launch configurations based on customized AMI and use this launch configuration to configure auto-scaling groups and implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, Route53, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Launched and configured Amazon EC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux/Ubuntu) and configured the servers for specified applications.
- Created S3 buckets and maintained and utilized the policy management of S3 buckets and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Worked in container based technologies like Docker , Kubernetes and Openshift .
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) using MAVEN Scripts and Jenkins.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Involved in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, Ansible and AWS.
- Configured AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) Group and U sers for improved login authentication.
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) & configuration management using Ansible.
- Involved in writing various Custom Ansible Playbooks for deployment orchestration and developed Ansible Playbooks to simplify and automate day-to-day server administration tasks.
- Created Jenkins Automated Pipeline for CI and CD with Maven Scripts along with GIT Version control.
- Experienced in GIT for branching, tagging, and merging. Also, created branches and Tags for each release.
- Used Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy.
- Connected continuous integration systems with the Bitbucket version control repository and continually built as the check-ins came from the developer and managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Installed, configured and administered Jenkins CI for Gradle and Maven Builds of RDBMS and NoSQL tools such as Dynamo DB.
- Evaluated Kubernetes for Docker container orchestration and worked in using Docker Swarm and deployed spring boot applications.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Linux container orchestration with Docker, Kubernetes, CoreOS and etcd.
- Excellent understanding and hands-on expertise in creating new Custom resources in Kubernetes.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Designed and Developed Micro services, mock creation using Mockito J-Unit Test Cases.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Python, YAML deployment scripts for WebSphere application servers.
- Lead efforts on testing strategy, automation in dev, test, UAT and production environment.
- Actively involved in the configuration and deployment of various sets of custom configuration pertaining to Linux/UNIX server security, OS hardening, and maintenance of Baseline standards.
Environment : AWS, EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, Auto Scaling groups, VPC, IAM, Cloud Watch, Micro Services, Glacier, Bit bucket, Dynamo DB, RDBMS, Shell Scripting, GIT, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Chef, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Python, YAML.
Aws/Azure Cloud Engineer
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates using JSON to create customized VPC Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and databases and created cross-account IAM roles to give access to users.
- Solved manual redundant infrastructure issues by creating Cloud Formation Templates using AWS's Server less application model and deploy RESTful APIs using API Gateway which can trigger Lambda functions.
- Created S3 AWS Bucket-Policies for restricted user access and allowed AES-256 encryption uploads only and Monitored Live Traffic, logs, Memory utilization, Disk utilization and various other factors which are vital for deployment and configuring the storage on S3 Buckets .
- Implemented AWS high-availability of web applications using Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), which performed balance across instances in multiple availability zones and used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Developed Production environment of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Kubernetes Operations (KOPS) a cluster management tool to spin up a highly available production cluster.
- Created, managed, and performed container-based deployments using Docker images containing middleware (Apache Tomcat) and Applications together and evaluated Kubernetes for Docker container orchestration .
- Managed Docker orchestration and Docker containerization using Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling, and management of Docker Containers .
- Created and deployed Kubernetes pod definitions, tags, labels, multi-pod container replication and managed multiple Kubernetes pod containers scaling, and auto-scaling using KOPS .
- Deployed pods using Replication Controllers by interacting with Kubernetes API server defining through declarative YAML files.
- Used Ingress in K ubernetes to support a high-level abstraction which allows simple host or URL, or HTTP based routing.
- Used in K ubernetes to expose the applications and created high priority implied firewall rules for both inbound and outbound as a source and destination respectively.
- Integrated Jenkins CI/CD with GIT version control and implemented continuous build based on check-in for applications and created GitHub Web hooks to set up triggers for commit, push, merge and pull request events to drive all builds to Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes , created pods using Kubernetes.
- Integrated Sonar GitHub plugin which will help to analyze the code before committing the code to GIT hub at the developer stage only and gives the report to the developer end and helps to reduce the error build files.
- Used Ansible as a configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, deploy applications and manage changes in the infrastructure and automate software update and verify functionality and provisioned Dev and Test servers using Ansible playbooks where automation is defined through tasks using YAML format.
- Worked primarily on user requests via JIRA ticketing system related to system access, logon issues, home directory quota, file system repairs, directory permissions, disk failures, hardware and software related issues.
- Performed POC, Designed and implemented JSON templates (used python and schema) and deployed through deployment manager, which provisions infrastructure as a code in GCP.
- Word with centralized logging platform ELK.
Environment : AWS, AWS CLI, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, JIRA, VPC, VPN, NAT, NACL, IAM, S3, EC2, Cloud Watch, Web Servers, Apache Tomcat, NGINX, ELB, Cloud Front, EC2, Groovy, Shell Scripts, EFK, Cloud Watch, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Deployment Manager, Cloud Trail, Ansible, ELK, JSON, GCP, GKE, Google Stack Driver, JIRA, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Responsible for installations, configuration, network security and overall maintenance of Red Hat Linux servers according to the policy compliance management requirements.
- My responsibilities as Unix/Linux System Administrator was the management of UNIX and RHEL as a blend of systems architecture and development.
- Scheduled jobs, managed system routine backup, enabled system logging and network logging, Cron jobs and network logging of servers for maintenance.
- Provided technical support for production and development environments.
- Installed, configured and maintained IP,NTP, SNMP, DHCP, DNS, FTP and NFS services in Linux.
- Created user accounts, security, profiles, granted rights, managed disk space and process monitoring.
- Provided technical support by troubleshooting issues with various Servers on different platforms.
- Notify server owner if there was a failover or crash. Also, notify Unix Linux Server Support L3.
- Monitored CPU loads, restart processes, check for file systems.
- Installed and configured SSL & SSH for secured access on Linux systems.
- Resolved TCP/IP network access problems for the clients and implemented the monitoring tools like Nagios to monitor services like CPU, Hard drive, Memory utilization, Users, HTTP, SSH etc.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including a mail server and MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Developed shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Worked on version control using GitHub and on automating builds using Jenkins.
- Worked on programming languages C++ and python.
- Created and maintained users, profiles, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring.
- Escalated significant issues to service, network or other operations engineers.
Environment: GIT, GitHub, Shell scripting, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Virtual box, LINUX (RHEL7, CentOS), UNIX.