Over 20 years experience in industrial engineering, project management, data mining, distribution, transportation, logistics, labor standards, traceability, supply chain, and application engineering. Strong grasp of engineering, technology, statistics, and finance. Superior PC abilities and skills including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio, Project). Proven problem solver with an excellent track record of improving processes, adding value, and bolstering performance. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and production staff. Proven ability to synthesize data across multiple systems and platforms (AS400, ODBC, SQL servers, Legacy systems). Experience with Case Pick, fulfillment center, ecommerce, and multiple distribution channel environments.
Oracle Databases, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Teams, Skype, MapPoint, RoadNet, Xata, SQL, Cognos, Query, Photo Shop, RF programming (Symbol), wireless networking, Visual Basic, VBA, MOST, Lotus 123, WordPerfect, Lotus Notes, CNC programming, AutoCAD (v14), FORTRAN, TecTime, Quetech, Pascal, PLC programming (ladder logic and statement list), SAP, SQL, People Soft, Operations Research, FMCSA regulations, FMSA regulations, HACCP requirements.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Documenting current warehousing processes and flows.
- Writing work instructions and SOPs.
Senior Implementations Engineer
Confidential, Lawrenceville, GA
- Design and execution of support for projects tied to new and expanding business implementations in the North American region.
- Design the overall facility layout, storage media, and flow.
- Selecting appropriate equipment supporting the Concept of Operations.
- Complying with customer and organizational requirements tied to Safety, Quality, and Productivity.
- Managing the physical implementation of the design, adhering to scope, timeline, and budget requirements set by the Project Manager.
Senior Industrial Engineer
Confidential, Temple, TX
- Optimizing labor productivity, inventory management, on time delivery, and quality across the network.
- Implementing traceability programs, improving delivery accuracy, quality, and cold chain management through the use of technology and best practices.
- Supporting the McLane Blockchain food traceability initiative by designing and implementing systems and training associates.
- Educating customers, vendors, and team mates on GS1 - 128 compliance. Ensuring proper utilization of bar codes, and compliance with best practices, including developing and reviewing documentation.
- Wireless mobile computing deployments: Selector Pro, Driver Pro, WMS, inventory tracking, cycle counting.
- Responsible for purchasing over 1 million dollars of RF equipment annually.
- Developing KPIs and Scorecards for Food Service. Using visualizations to convey performance metrics to management and associates.
- Developing, reviewing, and validating Cognos reports.
- Assisting 3rd party vendors with Data Analytics.
- Material Handling Equipment - Preventative maintenance, purchasing MHE, ensuring optimal deployment of fleet to ensure on time and accurate delivery of goods.
- Logistical planning and strategic network optimization. Consolidating warehouses and customers. Improving product layout, optimizing locations, abating bottlenecks and obstacles.
- Operations Support - Responsible for training team mates on new technologies, including developing test scenarios and managing deployments.
- Scheduling and prioritizing business improvement IT projects, ensuring optimization and integration with operational priorities.
Industrial Engineer / Project Manager
Confidential, Rocky Mount, NC
- Financial analysis and evaluation of MBM processes, including P&L statements.
- Implementing Manhattan’s Labor Management System, including development of standards, documentation of SOPs (Best Methods), and training management staff.
- Training warehouse supervisors on implementation and maintenance of labor incentive program.
- Process improvements to order selection, loading, replenishment, and put away.
- Developing loading dock management strategies to improve work flow through.
- Evaluating distribution centers for labor management system suitability.
- Specifying and ordering material handling equipment for the DCs.
- Maintaining cycle count program.
- Tracking temperature compliance and quality for inbound backhauls.
- Warehouse capacity modeling and reporting.
Industrial Engineer / Warehouse Systems Manager
Confidential, Cheshire, CT
- Labor standards maintenance and audits, including administering and overseeing the incentive program with an annual budget of approximately 1 million dollars.
- Managed Industrial Engineering department, overseeing career development and performance of the Industrial Engineering staff.
- WMS upgrades and process improvements, including documentation and user testing
- Developed and implemented multi-site asset tracking system.
- Project manager “Pick to Voice” project, including vendor selection, methods development, and training. Responsible for all capital allocated to project. Error rate went from 1 per 650 cases selected to over 1 per 2,000, saving 1.5 million dollars annually.
- Project manager of teams up to 30 members with budgets up to 1.5 million dollars.
- Developed warehouse staffing schedule models.
- Led startup of new warehouse, a 150,000 square foot refrigerated facility.
- Developed and implemented yard management system.
- Modeled data for warehouse capacity, material handling requirements, slot utilization, throughput, etc.
- Supervisor technical training and mentoring.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Developed standards at multiple sites to support Red Prairie WMS implementation.
- Developed observation program to provide “best methods” coaching and training skills to DC supervisors.
- Audited existing DC standards to ensure integrity, accuracy, and defensibility of labor standards.
Confidential, Cheshire, CT
- Supply chain optimization.
- Developed and implemented executive dashboards providing real time performance indicators.
- Prepare detailed statistical evaluations of distribution and transportation performance for senior management team.
- Synthesized key performance indicators from on board driver computer measurements.
- Optimized SKU slotting and routing schedules.
- Maintain and validate time standards in WMS system.
- Constructed distribution capacity models.
- Developed inventory controls through bar codes and upgraded RF technology.
- Data modeling for new information systems.
- Conduct feasibility studies for capital investments.
- Oversee and maintain labor incentive program.
- Administration of WMS system (Aquitec).
Junior Applications Engineer
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Consulted with OEMs on the selection, utilization, design and integration of Confidential parts into machine designs and applications.
- Evaluated engineering drawings and visited with clients for feasibility evaluations of pre-engineered system applications.
- Ensured ISO 9001 standard compliance.
- Local SAP power user.
Inside Sales Engineer
- Researched competitor products via the Internet, catalogs, and trade magazines.
- Provided engineering support, matching customer design specifications with Confidential product using software and formulae to provide optimum solutions.
- Trained office staff in systems, PC applications, and Confidential product offering.