- Senior Engineer with several years of experience engineering, implementing and administering complex enterprise systems.
- Extensive technical skillset with expertise in heterogeneous UNIX/Linux operating environments and AWS Cloud Infrastructure, OpenStack Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps Engineering.
- Liaison between business and technology groups and bridging the gap between different groups with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong background in CI/CD, Infrastructure as a Code implementation, Configuration Management through Automation tools with shell scripting and Security Compliance.
- Proven ability to operate independently on complex projects.
- Proven ability as a team player and management of a team with budget planning, implementation and management.
Operating Systems: RHEL 5.8, 6.0 & 7.0, SUSE Linux 10, Ubuntu 16, Openstack 3.18.0
AWS: EC2, S3, Glacier, VPC, IAM, Route 53, ELB,ALB, ECS, RDS, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Terraform, Lambda, AWS Auto Scaling, AWS Config, AWS CloudCheckr, AWS Inspector
Virtualization/Containers: VMWare ESX/ESXi, Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Red Hat CloudForms, Red Hat Satellite, Solaris Containers Local Zones/LDOM, KVM & LIBVIRT, Oracle VM Mgr.
Code/Binary Repository: Git, GitHub, BitBucket, Nessus, Cisco UCS Blade Servers
Enterprise Architecture: Sparx Systems Enterprise Architecture
CI/CD: GitLab CI, Jenkins, BitBucket
DevOps Toolset: Packer, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Terraform
Deployment Types: BLUE/GREEN, ROLLING & CANARY
Monitoring: Netcool, SysEDGE, Nagios, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, AWS SNS, SQS, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, ELK, Grafana
Database: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, Sybase, MySQL, Postgres, Dynamo DB, SQL Server & Aurora
Server Applications: Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, Web/eCommerce, ERP, CRM, SAS, Drupal, Active Directory
Networking: NFS, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, VPN, SMTP & SSH
Security: IAM, NACL, Security group, Security Hub, Guard Duty, AWS Inspector, WAF, AWS Shield
IssueTracker/Project Mgmt: ServiceNow, Scrum, Kanban, Agile & Atlassian (Jira & Confluence), Skype, Microsoft Teams/Lynx
Backup/Restore: Cloud Protection Manager (CPM), RDS Backup, Storage Gateway volumes, EBS
Malware: Trend Micro DSM
User Authentication: LDAP, AD & Kerberos
Senior AWS Cloud Engineer/DevOps Engineer
- Setup and configured AWS Cloud Infrastructure leveraging CloudFormation to create VPC, Subnets, AZs, AMIs, EC2 instances, Route53, IAM Roles, and RDS connections.
- Migrated On-Premise RedHat Linux solutions to Amazon AWS Cloud.
- Setup, configured, and maintained EMR Cluster along with the inline components such as SPARK, Hive and Hadoop.
- Automate provisioning and repetitive tasks using Terraform and Python, OpenShift, Docker Containers and Server Orchestration.
- Created and maintained fully automated CI/CD pipeline code deployment for EMR using Jenkins and CloudFormation and incorporate with some shell scripts.
- Performed DevSecOps activities by automating security compliance, auditing and remediation
- Build-Out, Setup & Configured OpenStack Infrastructure running multiple Instances within a Docker & Kubernetes Cluster Environment, and Rancher Implementation
- Performed EC2 patching through automation using Ansible, Puppet on all RedHat Linux Instances and On-Prem Servers
- Monitor site stability, deployments, performance via event logging and metrics
- Implement and Manage Infrastructure as a code through Jenkins and other automation tools
- Performed Stack creation with several deployment using AWS CloudFormation & Terraform, Blue/Green, Rolling and Canary
- Build and deployed Docker containers to break up monolithic APP into microservices, improving developer workflow, increase scalability, and optimizing speed
- Installed and configured LAMP stack, Java, Jenkins, Tomcat, and MySQL within RedHat Linux environment.
- Reduced deployment time extensively for critical Agile project infrastructure, Atlassian Slack and Jira
- Designed and implemented the migration of Petabytes of archive data from On-prem to Cloud leveraging Snowball and S3.
- Designed and implemented IAM policies, Bucket Policies and ACLs to secure S3 objects and buckets.
- Designed and implemented cross account IAM-Roles to manage multiple AWS accounts.
- Designed and implemented security across AWS accounts using threat detection services like Guard Duty, AWS Inspector and leveraging Security hub for high priority security alerts and compliance for remediation purpose.
- Attend weekly management meetings, providing regular updates of the technology group.
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Maintain the reliability, availability, and performance of EC2 instances - create security groups, network ACLs, internet gateways, and elastic IP's to ensure a safe area for organization in AWS public cloud.
- Worked extensively with AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, Auto Scaling Groups, Route 53, IAM, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, SNS etc.
- Configure and architect multiple VPC’s and public, private subnets as per requirement and distributed them as groups into various availability zones of the VPC.
- Monitor the AWS resources using Cloud Watch and utilized Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones.
- Build S3 buckets and manage policies for S3 buckets.
- Continually improve operational practice and develop training materials.
Network Support (Manager)
Confidential, McDonough, GA
- Responsible for managing a team of network engineers.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, and managing the budget of the technology group.
- Liaison between business and technology groups.
- Attended weekly management meetings and providing regular updates of the technology group.
- Managed network evaluation, troubleshooting a variety of network problems.
- PC/LAN support in an Ethernet based TCP/IP (DCHP& STATIC IP allocation).
- Performed installation and upgrading of new network and desktop application software.
- Installed, configured and maintained COT applications with Linux and Windows Environment.
- Monitored network server with Nagios, troubleshooting, configured, and deployed LAN/WAN solutions.
- Remotely connected into end user computer to help troubleshoot network issues and VPN.
- Assisted end users with troubleshooting problems on all Microsoft Applications, and other hardware or software.
- Provided technical and administrative support to customers on a daily basis.
- Maintained active directory database (backup, restore) and replication and certificate services.
- Regularly performed hardware and software maintenance.