OS and Networking: Windows Server (2019, 2016, 2012/R2, 2008/R2), Windows 10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 7/8), CentOS 7/8, VMware ESXi 6.5/5.5, IOS, Android, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLAN.
Software: Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM 2016, Office 365, MS Exchange, VMware App Volume,Ansible, VMware AirWatch, Blackberry Enterprise Server, ServiceNow, Remedy.
Languages: PowerShell, Python (Familiar), SQL (Familiar).
IT Support Engineer
- Administer Active Directory for users and computers which includes joining machines to domain, creating users and groups, assigning users to security groups, managing NTFS permissions, etc.
- Created PowerShell scripts for Active Directory module to automate tasks such as, adding multiple users to AD groups, finding users OU/groups, extract email addresses of bulk users which later used for mobile device activation, locate/verify locked out and disabled users, etc.
- Administer Office 365 Exchange which includes creating users, assigning license, creating mailboxes, distribution lists, assigning permissions to shared mailboxes, etc.
- Install HP T730 thin client, assign appropriate VLAN settings, migrate user data and settings to migrate users from Windows 7 PC to Windows 10 VDI environment.
- Build, image and configure PC, installed and upgrade software using SCCM 2016, Altiris Deployment Solution as well as using manual installation method.
- Administering VMware Horizon. Creating desktop pools, assigning virtual desktop to users, use VMware App Volumes Manager to create, update and assign AppStacks.
- Working with the Identity and Access Management (IAM) team, provide Access Control for multiple financial applications, databases and Office 365 shared mailboxes.
- Installed and configured RHEL 8 / RHEL 7 on both physical hardware and virtual machines, configure networking, storage (disk and LVM), package management and other system admin activities.
- Installed and configured Windows 2012 R2, 2016 on both physical hardware and virtual machines.
- Provide mobile device support such as device activation, application deployment using Blackberry Enterprise Server console.
- Provide remote as well as onsite support to the end users.
- Locate, maintain and update inventory location and status using ServiceNow asset management.
- Attend onsite and virtual meeting with team members and managers.
Desktop & Network Support
- Installed PC/Laptops with Windows 10 operating system and other necessary software; configured network settings and added them to the active directory domain; addressed day to day desktop level support requests.
- Created, support and maintained end users accounts, distribution lists, and security groups and shared mailboxes through Active Directory and O365 admin portal.
- Set up DHCP server on Windows 2012 R2 in two client locations.
- Deployed Bitlocker policy to Windows 10 machines using group policy.
- Scheduled and monitored backups using QNAP and Amazon S3 bucket.
- Setup projectors and audio - visual equipment for conference room.
- Managed mobile devices from VMware AirWatch and assisted and troubleshoot end user mobile devices.
- Supervised and train new hires.
Data Center Technician
- Managed over 100+ VMware virtual machines of CentOS 6.8, 7.2, Windows 2012 R2 and 2008 with vSphere client 6.0.
- Performed P2V migration on over 50+ Windows server to support ongoing datacenter virtualization project.
- Windows servers were migrated from 2008 R2 to 2012 R2 to minimize security risks and outdated software vulnerabilities as well as improving productivity and efficiency.
- Installed and configured Windows 2012 R2, RHEL 6 and RHEL 7 on both physical hardware and virtual machines.
- Performed administration function in Active Directory for employees, new hires, suppliers and vendors which includes creating new accounts, changes, passwords resets, create and apply group policy and permission/security changes.
- Maintain, upgrade and apply necessary security updates to servers and desktops using SCCM 2012.