- Over 8 years of progressive experience with Windows servers, Virtualization and Data Center Migration/Administration.
- Over 1000+ servers migrated (P2V, P2P), worked on data center migration comprising of HP, IBM and Dell hardware.
- Develop, implement and administer virtualization technologies: VMware, vCenter combined with SAN (EMC, DELL)
- Diverse understanding of both the software and hardware technologies (SAN, Routers, Switches, Thin Clients, Firewall).
- Very effective at working individually or as part of a global, cross - functional team in Production and Dev environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills combined with good knowledge in documentation and process creation.
Datacenter Systems Administrator
- Responsible for systems administration of 550+ Virtual Machines and setting up new servers, migrations and maintenance.
- Perform VMware systems upgrade, patches, VMware tools upgrades and any vendor specific upgrades as required.
- Worked on upgrading 20 hosts from ESXi 5.0 to 5.5 version with minimum downtime and client impact.
- Provide day to day client support on troubleshooting Windows/Linux vServers comprising of exchange servers, file servers and application servers. On call 24/7 for any emergency issues or system unavailability issues.
- Fully responsible for providing restores and taking daily/monthly backups running on EMC avamar and Data-Domain solution.
VMware Systems Administrator
- Responsible for Production Systems infrastructure, build, management utilizing VMware and Windows Technologies.
- Manage company-wide Production Systems backup using EMC VNXe storage, Data Domain DD670 and Veeam B&R products.
- Provide new server builds for various in house projects comprising of Red Hat Linux and 2008, 2012 Windows R2, JBOSS installs, MS SQL Server, MySql installs. Troubleshoot systems at O/S and specific application level when required.
- Provide performance and Windows O/S troubleshooting support, Snapshots, Clones, Templates during patches releases
- Perform quarterly Disaster Recovery Test; create disaster recovery documentation for Production VMs.
- Perform tasks on Brocade and Cisco switches directly connected to the VMware infrastructure.
- Setup new Virtual Clusters, creating SAN data stores, enable HA, Vmotion, DRS and add ESX clusters to existing farms.
- Assisting POC’s of VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager and vCenter Operations Manager Suite .
Wintel Systems Administrator
- Server Virtualization Datacenter Consolidation Project: Work with enterprise wide teams: Production, Development on server consolidation project to bring in cost savings and superior infrastructure management capabilities.
- Customer facing, responsible for administrative support and consolidation to VMware Virtual Infrastructure: ESX 3.5 and VSphere 4 spanning over 1000+ Windows and Linux servers.
- Perform client interviews to form migration strategies and final physical to Virtual migration/ cutoff at preferred downtime.
- Review testing procedure, DRP strategies and F5 load balancing. Request and validate IP, Sub Nets, VPNs, vLAN changes.
- Use VMware Converter, Platespin PowerConvert and Visioncore vConvertor (Synchronized cutover) for hot and cold P2V
- Troubleshoot by log investigation, network diagnostics and imaging corrupt disk using third party tools.