- Detailed oriented EMR consulting business analyst with 11yrs experience in healthcare information technology.
- Proficient in both database development and clinical application implementation and support.
- Intimate knowledge of clinical workflows; prior imaging and pharmacy professional.
- Former musician, well prepared for multi - tasking in a team oriented environment where both process and creativity is valued.
- Responsible for Epic Radiant (radiology) application implementation and support for 4 high-volume hospitals across two divisions.
- Multi--division software upgrade expertise; achieved 100% completion of 4 new versions for multiple Epic facilities including two free-standing Emergency depts.
- Close teamwork with third-party imaging applications (PACS) teams allowing efficient integration for results and radiologist workflows.
- Actively worked with Epic and cross-function teams developing end user training documentation decreasing after hours Radiant support calls by 60%.
- Successful milestone projects: implemented One Step Meds improving IR provider workflows (increased patient-focused care), Radiant procedure/charge correction for Compliance and Reimbursement dept. initiatives saving three facilities over $50K in monthly revenue.
- Designed standard terminology content (modeling and mappings) for 5 target healthcare domains within the V.A. (Vista) electronic health record in support of the Standards in Terminology (STS) project.
- Created XML map set files for the implementation of standards into VA Enterprise Terminology Service (VETS) browser.
- Served as a vital liaison between STS team, government client project teams, and stakeholders to identify clinical content to be reviewed.
- Developed over 500 enterprise level standard consult titles in support of the Consult Orders Portability (COP) project for Vista and CHCS (Dept. of Defense) EHR’s.
- Provided quality outpatient vascular imaging studies including upper and lower extremity venous, carotid and transcranial Doppler bubble.
- Collaborated with reporting physician for accurate diagnostic interpretation.
- Developed IHC’s Healthcare Data Dictionary (HDD) database, including the creation, mapping and maintenance of vocabulary, terminologies and metadata content (templates, attributes, domains).
- Created mappings for standard terminologies
- Resolved HL7 interface message errors related to database content issues.
- Supported users and developers during the analysis, design, testing, implementation, validation and operation of clinical systems that consumed HDD data.
- Advanced EHR initiatives for the State of Utah Health dept. by developing the Electronic Death Certificate using ASN.1 data modeling.