- 14+ years of network & security engineering experience on large countrywide and international enterprise networks
- Extensive experience with Cisco firewalls, IPS’, and Security Management Suites, Cisco Nexus, Aruba Wireless Systems, Juniper VPNs, & Brocade routers and switches
- Responsible for ensuring overall network security posture of program assets was adequate and maintained
- Possess a background in providing support for environments up to 15K systems
- Experienced managing up to 40 staff (both foreign and US engineers) in a customer engineering support and systems integration environment
- Familiar with script development utilizing Perl, PHP, and *nix terminal languages (bash, sh, ksh, expect) and web development utilizing PHP
- Vast experience in highly matrixed, virtual and international cultures where change and speed are part of daily work
- Able to work in fast - paced environment and demonstrate strong organizational ability
- Possess outstanding written, verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize, think and communicate to senior leadership clearly
- Recipient of numerous awards and honors from Confidential, Confidential, US Military and Taiwan Military
- Currently hold Active US SECRET and ADP-I security clearances.
- Inactive Top Secret Clearance with SSBI investigation completed and eligibility date of 2013/10/29.
Operating Systems: Solaris, Linux (Ubuntu/Debian), Windows
Specialized Software: Cisco ACS, Cisco ISE, Cisco WLC, Cisco IPS, Cisco WAAS, Cisco Ironport WSA, Cacti, Brocade INM, Cisco ASDM, Cisco Works, CVS, Flowtools, Forescout CounterACT, HP Open View, Joomla, Nitro, NMIS, NPS/IAS, Rancid, Remedy, Syslog-ng, ViewVC, Wireshark, Retina, Nessus, nmap
Scripting Languages: PHP, Linux/Unix Shell(ksh, bash, sh), Expect, Perl
Routing and Switching: Cisco 65xx, 35xx, 36xx, 35xx, 76xx, WAAS, MGX 88xx, Cisco Nexus 5k, 2k, Cisco UCS, Brocade ServerIron, NetIron XMR, MLX-e, DNE TAC-300/900
Firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPNs & Proxies: Cisco ASA, Pix, FWSM, IPS, Juniper SA, ISG, NetScreen, Palo Alto, Cisco IronPort, Gauntlet Firewalls
Wireless: Cisco, Aruba
Protocols and Technologies: 802.1x(Wired and Wireless), BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, NAC, DLP, Netflow, sflow, VSS, HSPR, QoS, ATM, Layer 2/3, Radius, TACACS, TCP/IP, Spanning Tree, wireless, 802.11, SPAN, ER-SPAN, Load Balancing, HTTP/S, SMTP, DNS, FTP, SSH, TCP/IP
Senior Network Engineer/Regional Manager
- Provided technical and functional leadership to 13 NetCare Network Specialists located at military hospitals throughout Asia Pacific.
- Configured and managed installations of Cisco UCS (EMC, VMWare, Cisco Nexus, SANs).
- Performed integration of Information Assurance (IA)/Computer Network Defense (CND) upgrades to information system networks.
- Coordinated troubleshooting and network change activities with DISA offices throughput the Pacific, including working with the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) IP NOC and circuit teams.
- Worked with DISA-PAC on sustainability and Continuity of Operations (COOP) planning utilizing the DISN in Asia/Pacific.
- Used in-depth raw packet analysis of various protocols and communications to troubleshoot complex system issues and reconstruct various network attacks.
- Configured and deployed a Forescout CounterACT NAC solution throughout the Korean medical enterprise network, enabling dynamic VLAN assignments, end-point mitigration, virtual firewalling, and port security.
- Analyzed and tracked Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and IAVA/IAVM requirements at an enterprise level, ensuring affected devices were properly configured, updated, and secured.
- Built, configured, and deployed multiple instances of Cacti management servers for monitoring of network statistics and throughput, device up/down activity, syslog, and netflow.
- Built and deployed a set of web based scripts (Perl) that collect essential data for network specialists and allow them to quickly view and report status of essential systems and functions, including port security, Uninterrupted Power Supplies status, interface statistics, and more.
- Provided remote and on-site escalation support to Asia Pacific military hospitals and clinics, including LAN/WAN troubleshooting, PIX/ASA optimization, Juniper troubleshooting, Aruba wireless troubleshooting and other network related support including support for Cisco and Brocade devices.
- Served as coordination point for the entire region during project implementation and facilitated communication during critical outages.
- Provided ongoing technical training to employees.
Systems Engineer Staff
- Coordinated, implemented, and oversaw Taiwan Integration Facility (TIF) technical and systems support, which included various Command and Control systems: ICS(International GCCS), Taiwan Land Mission Application (TLMA, Army C2), C2PC, ADSI, Link-16 Gateways, Taiwan Air Defense interfaces, Naval Radar systems, MIDS on Ship(MOS), Beyond Line of Sight (BLOS S-TADIL-J) interfaces, JTIDS and more.
- Responsible for overall network integration and sustainability of specialized command and control software, riding over a complex mesh of IP over ATM point to point and multicast networks throughout Taiwan.
- Provided instrumental support to the Terrestrial Wide Area Network (TWAN) investigation as a network Subject Matter Expert (SME) that included detailed investigations of throughput issues for Link-16 messages over ATM and Ethernet links.
- Designed, built and deployed a TWAN monitoring system (Cacti) that enabled the customer to monitor link traffic, CRCs, and QoS drops in near-real time.
- Provided vital support for Force Order and Radar Investigations by using deep packet analysis to identify dropped packets in network and RF communication streams.
- Supplied tier 3/4 technical support for all aspects of the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) technical support case, including network, security, software, and hardware support.
- Installed, configured and tested the Command and Control Development Facility (CCDF) lab at the Chung-Shan Institute of Science and Technology (CSIST, Gov’t Thinktank) for the Po Sheng ICS (International GCCS) SDK offset program.
- Provided technical support and training oversight for training on Case Tools (Eclipse IDE, Doors), and ICS/C2PC software for the Po Sheng ICS SDK offset program.