- Obtain a technical support role that utilizes and grows my technical knowledge in a team environment.
OS/Environments: AIX, UNIX, Sun Solaris, Linux, Win2k, Windows, Cisco, Juniper,. Confidential Data Ontap
Networking/Protocols: TCP/IP, Ethernet, DNS, FTP, FCP, ISCSI, CIFS, NFS, RAID
Hardware: Sun, Cisco, Juniper, Confidential FAS series storage systems
Software: vmware ESX
Storage Support Engineer
- Perform 2nd level support for Confidential (Ontap 7 mode and 8 cluster mode) and Hp storage platform enterprise customers and internal backbone network.
- Work with customer to implement system changes.
- Troubleshoot and monitor Cisco MDS switches.
- Create knowledge base articles that are used by my team and other support groups.
- Identify and schedule routine maintenance and change events for internal and customer facing Confidential equipment.
Product Field Engineer
- Perform 2nd/3rd level support of enterprise customer based nSeries( Confidential ) NAS storage platforms and software running Ontap 7 mode and 8 cluster mode.
- Assist customers with troubleshooting and resolving wide array of SAN/NAS issues such as network connectivity and performance problems.
- Assist customers with installation and configuration of data Ontap and softwares.
- Work as focal point for customer admins to advise best practice action plans for preventative maintenance.
- Write technical articles for internal team use.
- Assisted customer with tape backup issues with sme, tivoli.
- Work with customers to resolve host NFS/CIFS connectivity and backup issues (vmware, windows, unix).
- Work with Field Engineers to implement hardware changes and software/firmware upgrades on Confidential Filers.
- Implement both internal and customer changes such as Ontap OS upgrades and system firmwares.
Technical Support Engineer
- Support global Enterprise customers using Confidential platforms and application software’s.
- Assist customers with OS, firmware and hardware upgrades.
- Troubleshoot customer issues such as configuration, networking, backups, and permissions.
- Writing technical knowledge based articles for both customer and internal use.
- Working with Field Support Engineers to implement hardware/configuration upgrades and changes.
Customer Support Mgr/Lead Technician
- Monitor and troubleshoot UNIX (AIX 5) and Cisco network environment.
- Perform 1st and 2nd level trouble shooting for all customer problems.
- Coordinate all customer impacting changes
- Oversee NOC operations and act as customer liaison.
- Responsible for all NOC documentation.
- Member of team that remotely monitored and maintained key applications for internal/external ticketing systems on over 200 UNIX/AIX/SUN servers.
- Performed life cycle functions on over 200 UNIX/AIX/SUN servers. Installs, OS, application and hardware upgrades.
- Performed system backups and restores via Tivoli TSM/BMR.
- Created user id accounts, reset passwords and controlled access to servers.
- Performed system admin functions such as disk/file management, file security permissions, edit/write ksh scripts and performance tuning.
- Focal point for change management procedures and compliance.
- Created and maintained team support documentation
- Project management experience. Included weekly meetings with helpdesks to discuss and resolve outstanding issues with implementation, security, and monitoring of network servers.
- Part of 24x7 rotating pager support.
Confidential senior help desk technician
- Monitor and troubleshoot systems in global MVS/Cisco, Juniper Router/VM environment. Oversaw daily operations and networks of Backbone Management Center (BMC).
- Coordinated BMC activities and goals with upper management. Worked with support groups to implement changes on router network. Focal point for BMC projects.
- Desktop/printer support for BMC. Performed installs, upgrades, patches and troubleshooting for windows 95/98/NT
- Performed 1st and 2nd level problem determination on backbone routers and customer connectivity issues.
- Performed install of Cisco routers
- Conducted daily/weekly/monthly meeting to discuss and resolve outstanding customer and helpdesk issues.
- Management of problem ticket ques. Created weekly problem ticket reports.
- Handled customer escalations directly to ensure resolution. Handled post mortems of customer escalations. Worked with management and support groups to ensure customer service level agreements (SLA’s) were met and maintained.