- IT professional with experience configuring/administering/automating Cloud environments (AWS). Demonstrated history with configuring/managing Splunk, Splunk Processing Language, monitoring, data analytics, performance tuning, and system maintenance.
- Knowledge in all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as analysis, planning, development, testing and implementation and post - production analysis of the projects
- Familiar with the DevOps best practices; particularly in Continuous Integration (CI)
- Proficient with AWS Services e.g. AWS EC2, S3, IAM, VPC, RDS, CloudTrail
- Experience with developing and using CloudFormation (CFN) Templates for Infrastructure as Code (IAC); Familiar with Terraform
- Hands-on experience developing and deploying AWS Lambda functions (Python)
- Experience using AWS Systems Manager for Linux and Windows Instance Patching
- Hands-on experience configuring CloudWatch Events /SNS/Lambda for automated notification and sometimes automated remediation
- Hands-on Experience designing/configuring/deploying and managing Splunk installation in the AWS and on local data center
- Experience configuring managing Splunk installation using Ansible
- Good knowledge of Splunk architecture and various components (indexer, forwarder, search head, deployment server), heavy and universal forwarder, license model
- Good exposure to Splunk ITSI and Splunk Cloud
- Experience with creating Splunk Dashboards, Alerts and Reports
- Proficient in Linux and Windows Administration; Bash and Python scripting
- Windows infrastructure experience (LDAP/Active Directory); lead a project to configure window terminal server with client access license
- System Security, Backup and Recovery
Operating systems: Linux, Windows
Cloud: AWS, Azure
Programming: Bash, Python
SIEM tool: Splunk
Monitoring: Splunk, New Relic, AWS Config
Configuration Management: Ansible, Git, GitHub
Networking: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN
Others: Active directory, LDAP, NetBackup, VMware, KVM, Microsoft Office, Apache Tomcat, Remedy, ServiceNow
- Create IAM users, roles and policies to support least privilege initiative.
- Responsible to managing over 60+ EC2 instance (windows/Linux) to support Splunk.
- Configured AWS Systems manager to patch Instances using tags.
- Developed and deployed a Lambda function that stops unused instances (based on tags) after hours to help with Cost savings in the cloud environment.
- Responsible for review and implementing cost savings suggestions provided by AWS Trusted Advisor Service
- Created CloudFormation templates to deploy RDS (PostgreSQL/MySQL), IAM Roles, EC2 instances, S3 buckets as requested
- Created Highly Available Environments using Auto-Scaling, Load Balancers, and SQS
- Integrated Amazon Cloud Watch with Amazon EC2 instances for monitoring the log files and track metrics
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers
- Implemented Amazon RDS multi-AZ for automatic failover and high availability of the PostgreSQL database
- Created topics in SNS to send notifications to subscribers as per the requirement
- Developed and deployed shell script whenever appropriate
- Created nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups using Lambda and CloudWatch events
- Configured/managed/patched EC2 instances in AWS
- Managed AWS network resources such as Security Groups, Subnets, VPC, EIP etc.
- Created EBS volumes for storing application files for use with EC2 instances
- Configured S3 buckets with various life cycle policies to archive the infrequently accessed data to storage classes based on requirement
- Create and manage S3 buckets to support Splunk initiative
- Configured AWS Config to continuously audit/assess the overall compliance of our AWS resource configurations using organization’s policies and guidelines
- Responsible for all Splunk operations and maintenance
- Designed and configured Splunk enterprise for data ingestion of less than 100GB/day.
- Manage Splunk User Accounts (Roles, Privileges)
- Automated the configuration/deployment and management of Splunk using Ansible playbooks.
- Troubleshoot and resolved Splunk server and agent problems and issues
- Configured Splunk to ingest logs from Servers and Applications, S3 (CloudTrail), CloudWatch logs,
- Created/developed Splunk content and dashboards, technical add-ons for various technology, and conducted data on boarding, normalization, and analysis to support the desired dashboards, reports and notables
- Helped end-users to fine tune and optimize the queries
- Create user accounts, manage user privileges, managing disk space and setting up disk quotas for specific accounts
- Create RHEL virtual servers in VMware center from consolidated image and from attached image in datastore
- Configure and set up network for newly created virtual servers and added them to the Red Hat Satellite
- Install, configure and support apache on virtual machines using Ansible.
- Manage backup using NetBackup
- Set up cron jobs and enable or disable jobs as required
- General troubleshooting
- Configure passwordless login between servers
- Create filesystems using logical volumes and updated fstab
- Recover root password for older generation servers
Junior System Administrator
- Patched development, test and production servers based on given patch cycles and times
- Created user accounts, manage user privileges, managing disk space and setting up disk quotas for specific accounts
- Configured passwordless login between servers
- Performed privacy, data protection and IP due diligence
- Created filesystems using logical volumes and updated fstab
- Recovered root password for older generation servers
- Performance tuning for oracle team, fix issues with Hugepages and swap space modification
- Fixed broken links associated with startup scripts
- Configured and set up network for newly created virtual servers and added them to the Red Hat Satellite
- Managed and installed packages using yum and rpm tools
- Installed, configured and supported apache on virtual machines.