SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
Cisco Unified Wireless Network (CUWN) Infrastructure Skills
Cisco Aironet access points (APs) (1040, 1140, 1600, 2600, 3600, 3700, 3800, 4800 Series, WSSI, 802.11ac Modules)
Cisco wireless LAN controllers (WLCs) (Cisco 5508, 5760, Flex 7500 and 8540, 2504, 2100, 9800)
Cisco Converged Access switches (Cisco 3850 and 3650 Series)
Prime Infrastructure and Supporting Components
Cisco Mobility Services Engine (MSE).
Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences (CMX)
Cisco Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (wIPS).
Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE).
OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP, RIPv1/RIPv2, BGP, MPLS, MPLS/VPN, MPLS/TE, EoMPLS, VPLS
Cisco PIX/ASA security as well as Integrated Security.
Confidential, Mooresville, NC
- RF Survey validation for large retail spaces to make sure AP are placed according to Design and provide continuous wireless coverage using Ekahau Site Survey Tools.
- Work with client s Field Services as well as 3rd party cabling vendors to finalize the AP layouts, BoM per store and make updates if needed during store walk - throughs prior to the migrations.
- WLC configuration (Flexconnect Deployment, AP groups, RF Tuning using 8.5 code).
- Work with specific AP product 3702, 4802 (indoor APs) and 1542i (outdoor APs) code versions 8.5MR2 8.7 (Baseline code). Perform bug scrub to identify potential caveats in upcoming releases, as well as comparing issues that may be potential bugs.
- Mooresville/Charlotte NC area based, and able to drive around to multiple locations around the metro area.
- Store migrations are conducted during overnight change windows - conduct shift work as needed
- Knowledge of using PnP feature for AP provisioning in the short term as part of the automation process across the stores (~ 1,800 Stores). Knowledge of using Assurance
- Client connectivity (association/authentication/roaming) issues
- OTA Captures
- AP joining issues and more
- RF Tuning (RRM settings, RF Profiles, Rx-SOP etc)
- HA N+1 Configuration
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Wireless Senior Engineer - SME
- Deployment Wireless Engineer for Enterprise infrastructure
- Design, implement, Enterprise wireless systems in conjunction with other engineering platform specialist.
- Plan and coordinate, install, configure, patch, upgrade, and maintain all wireless platform technologies.
- Diagnose and resolve complex configuration and troubleshooting issues within a multi-vendor infrastructure.
Confidential, Farmington, CT
Wireless Network Engineer Consultant
- Responsible for installation, troubleshoot and recommend Changes as needed.
- Monitor and troubleshoot networks and network performance.
- Handle complex designs
- Configure Cisco routing and switching equipment 6500, 4500, 3750, 3850, 2960 and Nexus switches etc
- Configure Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers 5500, Flexconnect 7500 series, 5760 and other converged access switch based controllers.
- Communicate to Confidential Clients
- Work at the following Confidential clients, Pitney Bowes, Novitex, Sommerville School District, Virtus, Hartford Hospital
Confidential, Research Triangle Park, NC
BYOD Solution Engineer
- Proof of Concept testing for solution architecture development.
- Solution test plan, and test execution.
- Deployed complete testbeds including campus, branches, data center, WAN/Internet edge etc..
- CUWN Integration
- MSE/Location Services with Prime Infrastructure