- Implemented CI/CD pipelines involving Jenkins , Docker , Maven and Github for complete automation from commit to deployment.
- Utilized Kubernetes for orchestration of Docker containers.
- Experience with creation of docker images for Sonarqube scans, sysdig image scan, flyway DB migration and many other specific team requirements.
- Analyzed granular metrics of AWS resources through Cloudwatch and created Alarms.
- Analyzed the stack, load and cost to brainstorm architecture to reduce the footprint and cost.
- Used Terraform to automate creation of AWS resources such as ELB, EC2, security groups and S3 buckets.
- Configured Splunk alerts and created dashboards for monitoring.
- Designed and implemented automation deployment using jenkins to promote major releases, monthly releases, and patches from Development - > Integration/QA -> Staging/UAT -> Production.
- Developed chef recipes in ruby and powershell to configure EC2 environments.
- Redesigned infrastructure for high availability across multiple AWS availability zones.
- Dynamically scaled EC2 instances in AWS production environment through autoscaling.
- Experienced with the following components of AWS : EC2, EBS, EFS, S3, Cloudfront, Cloudwatch, IAM, SQS, Route53 and ELB
DevOps Tools: Jenkins, Maven, Chef, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform
Scripting and Programming Languages: Java, Python, Ruby, Powershell, Java, HTML5
Source Control Management Tools: GitHub, GitBash, SVN
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, Bugzilla
Cloud Platforms: Amazon Web Services (EC2, EBS, EFS, S3, Cloudfront, Cloudwatch, IAM, SQS, ELB, Route53, Security groups)
Monitoring Tools: AWS Cloud watch, Splunk, Grafana
SDLC: Agile, Waterfall
Operating Systems: Linux, Ubuntu, Mac OS X, Windows
Java technologies: JDK 7, Spring 4.x, REST Web services, Microservices, Angular JS, Hibernate, JSP, Sonar, Junits, ATTD with cucumber.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy applications in clustered docker environment.
- Embedded Sysdig into CI/CD pipeline to scan custom docker images through Anchore CLI
- Configured SonarQube for code scanning from the scratch for different programming languages including cobol, python and java . Integrated SonarQube with CI/CD pipeline and also mattermost to publish the sonar scan results.
- Developed Terraform code to provision dedicated Jenkins master and slave nodes in kubernetes for different teams.
- Created docker image and pipeline to build and publish custom images into private registry.
- Implemented terratest scripts to validate terraform code.
- Migrated on-premises “ Document storage application ” to Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in assigning infrastructure to an Auto Scaling group to scale-up and scale-down instances during heavy and low traffic and creating IAM roles (Identity Access management) and setting up policies.
- Implemented EC2 backup strategies by creating EBS snapshots and attaching the volumes to new EC2 instances across multiple regions.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure resources: VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, SQS, ELB, Route53, Cloud Front, Security Group, Auto Scaling in Cloud Formation templates.
- Worked on automation and continuous integration processes with Jenkins and Chef for deployment of recipes to chef server.
- Automated creation of various AWS resources through Cloud Formation Template.
- Created chef recipes to perform instance bootstrap activities including scheduled jobs for robocopy, splunk configuration and shared folders.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process. Provided end-user training for all GitHub users to effectively use the tool.
Dev Ops engineer
- Installed and configured Jenkins as continuous integration server to provide continuous automated builds.
- Worked on AWS EC2 Instances creation, setting up VPC, launching EC2 instances and worked on Cloud Watcher for providing high availability of applications and EC2 instances based on the load of applications.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating projects defects and tasks.
- Implemented data synchronization between multiple Availability Zones through Windows Robocopy.
- Automated Start/Stop of non-prod instances to reduce cost.
- Integrated Sonar scan with CI and CD pipelines.
- Worked on DR strategy by implementing failover to US-West from US-East and falling back to US-East.
- Created jobs to take snapshots of EBS volumes at scheduled intervals, copied them to another AWS region and create EBS volumes out of them to mount them to EC2.
- Created Docker images using a Docker File, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules. Built and deployed the java applications onto different environments through Jenkins.
- Led a successful deployment of multiple product releases to QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Developed ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process and Shell/Perl scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment in JBoss Application Server.
- Used Jira as ticket tracking and workflow tool. Monitored, analyzed and visualize the reports using Splunk.
- Experience managing and tuning MySQL and writing SQL scripts.
- Implemented SOA-REST web services and Clients on Apache Wink utilizing Jackson.
- Migrated search engine from Endeca to Solr 3.5 by implementing Solr from the ground up. This included writing SQL queries to fetch most of the data in IBM DB2 database to index in Solr search engine.
- Developed multiple applications utilizing Jersery, Spring, Hibernate as ORM and DB2 database.
- Implemented Paypal through Cybersource payment gateway.
- Commerce Web application was integrated with Solr search Engine.
- JSTL was utilized in JSP to communicate with Solr through BOD framework.
- Implemented Coremetrics Web analytics and Intelligent Offer in the storefront.
- Added Bazaar Voice Rating and Reviews feature in Confidential managed stores.
- Worked on optimizing application performance routinely through IBM Heap Analyzer.
- Issues were tracked through JIRA.
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
- Designed Sequence, Class and Collaboration diagrams for use cases in Rational Rose.
- Developed Technical Design Document for different use cases.
- Web Services client was generated and invoked Address Validation web service exposed by USPS (United States Postal Service) through JAX-RPC.
- Implemented Stand-alone Database Purge process module using Java, DB2 stored procedures and deployed in UNIX environment and run as CRON jobs.
- Developed Web tool on MVC framework to accept Vehicle and customer details for loan approval.
- Implemented Message Driven Beans for message triggered jobs.